Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Thumbs down DCA Breaking Down?

So I haven't been to DCA in about a year (new kids can do that to you) so I was excited when we decided to take the rugrat to DCA!

My wife was so excited to ride California Screamin' because it was more than a year for her! We got to DCA and went straight to Screamin'! We excitedly picked up our "parent swap" ticket and she got in the StandBy line! 15 mintues later a happy woman approaced me with all smiles! She handed me the "parent swap" ticket and off to the Fast Pass lane I went....with happy feet!

I boarded my car and off to the countdown area I went.....Countdown in 5...4...3...2...1......Off we went! Music? Hello! MUSIC!???? No sound whatsoever! I disembarked with a heavy heart and a question to the nearest CM...."Where is the music!" Of course I got the standard answer, "It is broken!" HOW CAN MUSIC BE BROKEN!!! Once in the past I was told by a CM that Space Mountain music was down because it caused a short in the system! Yeah RIGHT!

So we decided next to try the Sun Wheel! As we started our walk towards the Sun Wheel my wife said, "Hey! It isn't moving!" I stated "Maybe they are boarding people!" My wife responded "NO it really isnt' moving!" AUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!

Off to Disneyland we went to look at Bats!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Re: DCA Breaking Down?

i cant remember the last time i heard the music on Cali Screaming , infact the last time i was there , every other time we rode Space Mountain there was no music... wierd...

My Maleficent tattoo

• Banned User

Music or no music I love that ride. and as far as break downs, it happens all the time, in both parks.

• I'm not really here

My wife has heard the music on Screamin before. Of course, this was before we met when she lived in Cali. I've been on Screamin about 6 times and only on the first time was the music working intermitently. Died about halfway through completely. Never heard it since. Only on the CD.

I've never had a problem with Space Mt music though. I love the new music for that one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Premium Youngling and

The last time I went on Cali Screamin, the music kinda worked. It was totally out of sinc with the ride itself though and then it stopped half way through. When a ride uses music, it actually has to work while on the ride or else it just isnt the same. I mean, what if you were on Soarin and there was no music...

The music never works, or cuts out half way through. I have the DL CD so i just put it on if Im on the ride with my IPOD
    5 days a week

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1
    The last time I went on Cali Screamin, the music kinda worked. It was totally out of sinc with the ride itself though and then it stopped half way through. When a ride uses music, it actually has to work while on the ride or else it just isnt the same. I mean, what if you were on Soarin and there was no music...
    There have been times (very few) when the film didn't play in Soarin'
    Must have been odd...flying around in a dark room with only the score playing.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    i cant remember the last time i heard the music on Cali Screaming , infact the last time i was there , every other time we rode Space Mountain there was no music... wierd...
    For reference, we rode Screamin' three times on August 2 and the music worked fine that day. And I have ridden Space Mtn about 10 times over the last year without any music issues. I agree that would be weird.

I swear California Screaming is never working when we go. Its like clockwork everytime. We get our fastpasses, come back an hour later and the thing is broken. Frustrating to say the least.

• I Hug My Tapirs

The music on Screamin' has been an issue since the beginning. On another board, as early as the end of 2001, there was already a thread keeping track of what trains had working music and which ones didn't. They're just horribly designed trains in that respect. From what I've heard, the audio system is positioned in such a way that they have to remove it to get at other parts of trains for the repair, and that constant taking-it-out-and-putting-it-back just wore it down quickly. I've never gotten confirmation on that, though.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy
    For reference, we rode Screamin' three times on August 2 and the music worked fine that day. And I have ridden Space Mtn about 10 times over the last year without any music issues. I agree that would be weird.
    yeah it was really wierd , i once heard that it can change from car to car , some of the cars might have music and some might not and there is a light on the car you can see if the music is working. I must say that SpaceMountain without the music is just not as fun for me for some reason...

My Maleficent tattoo

• Sock Puppet

I thought they turned off the music?

• Street Rat

Every time I have been on the ride it works. I have never had problems with music on rides. It must be because I only go a couple times a year and when I go I dont really have the time or really care to notice all that kind of stuff.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom
    I thought they turned off the music?
    They'll turn it off on trains that are having problems, but they haven't turned it off on all the trains.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

I was there Friday and each train on the track had working audio. The orange train which just came out of a long refurb has the best and loudest working music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast