Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

Very good finish on those Tinkerbells. Very good craftsmanship. Great idea too, I applaud the one who thought of that.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Now the whole gold lamp post idea makes much more sense to me.

I just can't believe how amazing the park is starting to look! It didn't look this good on opening day!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    ^ you took the words right out of my mouth!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Amazing.... Beautiful.. I'm crying... (OK I'm not.. but i love it..)

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Additionally, the pixy dust that swirls around it will be lighted! Word on the street is, that the Tinker Bell addition was something of an afterthought and have been scrambling to finish!

They look just great and really make the gold on the lampposts seem, um, more appropriate and less garish.
    Well, I remember seeing concept art back in March showing the Tinkerbells on the gold lampposts along with flowers and the 50th logo. I doubt it was an afterthough. They always do something to the lampposts for celebrations like this. Remember for the 45th the had the golden banners coming down from a cool "45 Years of Magic" logo with the the Castle and fireworks (including the Mickey shape) above the Castle? Those were nice..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

If Disney is good at one thing, it's those small magical touches. I can hardly wait for our next trip to the park.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    I LOVE those! Can't wait to see them.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Wait, isnt this the same Disneyland that was having all sorts of money problems not that long ago? I seem to remember just a few months ago that the whole park was under-funded and such. Now theres all these new things popping up.... Nametags, things on light posts, new unbrellas everywhere, castle decorations, refurbs and paint everywhere. It all makes the park look fantastic, and as some said better than it did on opening day(I agree), but where did the money come from?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Subgoon
    Wait, isnt this the same Disneyland that was having all sorts of money problems not that long ago? I seem to remember just a few months ago that the whole park was under-funded and such. Now theres all these new things popping up.... Nametags, things on light posts, new unbrellas everywhere, castle decorations, refurbs and paint everywhere. It all makes the park look fantastic, and as some said better than it did on opening day(I agree), but where did the money come from?
    Well, of course, the short answer is... the money came out of your pocket. Honestly, though... and this is just my opinion... I think Disney decided to re-invest a pile of dough into the park instead of dropping it to the bottom line as profit because they realized that a 50 year old park with faded and peeling paint, broken, missing, rusting attractions and cheezy merchandise was not only damaging the Disney reputation but was doomed to eventually spiral into irreversible unprofitability. Give the guests a premium experience and they'll gladly pay a premium price... over and over again. Give them crap and they'll stay home and look at their photograph albums wistfully. Naturally, a lot more than normal has been lavished on the park in preparation for the Golden Anniversary Celebration... a public relations boon. The hope is that Disney will continue to properly care for this national treasure of a park. The signs look good. Sometimes you have to spend a few bucks to make a few bucks.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

To me, Disney has always been the little details to me.....and these lamps are a prime example. They're GREAT.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Yaaaaaaaaaaa!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Tinker Bell's on top of the gold lamps are awesome!! I was also wondering if the pixi dust around the glass part does actually light up. If so, that would make it even more amazing! Kudos to Disney and the way they're taking charge to make this event spectacular!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    wow- those are truly beautiful! I can't *WAIT* to get there and see it for myself! Thank you to everyone for taking such great pictures and making them available to us! There are lots of people who live for these little tastes since we can't get to the park ourselves. This disney girl stuck in the midwest is deeply grateful!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Minion

They are really beautiful.
    I am down to five days till we leave!

5 Days Before 5/5!!!!!!!!!! I'm Sooooo Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm Gonna Be Takin Sooo Many Pics!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Subgoon
    I remember Al Lutz saying that Matt Ouimet and Co. had managed to re-work budgets so a lot of money could toward the transforamtion from everything down to the last chipped, scuffed base board. He also said that Ouimet approved the budget in order to get the Tiki Room up to date. I remember he also re-worked some of the cast member functions and such backstage so the money that it takes to put those events on can go toward things onstage in the park instead. He also acted quickly by getting Eisner and his Burbank goons down to admit the need for rehab(remember the article that had that name?). Disneyland was very much capable of pulling off what it did. The Disney company has A LOT of money and once they open the wallet, they can get really lavish. Unfortunately, the Pressler years and Eisner's changing mind set to what matters the most(in his eyes)-the bottom line, took/take those things away. But anyways, once the new TDA really set in, budgets had changed quite a bit so that a few thousand dollars it takes to put on a cast party can go toward painting a drab and dirty City Hall. Of course this was just budgets, but think about all the other stuff TDA changed around...but that's for another discussion. Can you believe that was over a year ago when Oiumet took over? We had anticipation of what seemed so far away, but is now only a few days left until the kickoff date. We all were also complaining about how bad Main Street looked, and now, all of us can't stop saying how good it looks.

On subject, however, those lamposts really do look good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast