Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Now the whole gold lamp post idea makes much more sense to me.

Let's just hope those lamp posts don't go floating off to Never-Neverland.
    Although I wouldn't mind If one landed in my backyard, next to my Disneyland rose trees!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    They should keep the tinkerbell on those for a while I think, even past the homecoming... it makes disney, more disney with touches like those!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Fireworks Finatic!

over at miboards, mintcrocodile took some pictures of some flowers attached to the lamp posts

flowers and tink

They weren't quite what I was expecting. But I may tend to like it once everything is in place on the lamp posts

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal
    Well, I remember seeing concept art back in March showing the Tinkerbells on the gold lampposts along with flowers and the 50th logo. I doubt it was an afterthough. They always do something to the lampposts for celebrations like this. Remember for the 45th the had the golden banners coming down from a cool "45 Years of Magic" logo with the the Castle and fireworks (including the Mickey shape) above the Castle? Those were nice..
    I know, I saw the artwork too. However, I know with an intimate certainty, the hasty and disorganized fashion in which this particular project came together. So, I am just going to be happy with how nice they look and worry about semantics.

Not so sure about the weird flower pot photos though... I withhold judgment on those.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    OMG... i wish that I could be there to see them before the end of the year... I am so worried that if i go later on in the celkebration that a lot of the stuff will be gone and I will have missed out on my chance of a life time...

i really like the tinkerbells... i think that is does brinf the whole theme together... I think that it could also inspire a new treasure hunt game where you follow the traces that tink left arount the park... maybe they could even put signs that tink just left the golden cars... like put a little statue of her sitting somewhere admiring her work or something... that would be really cool and tie the wholw thing together..
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

• For old time sake

I love it!!!! I didn't read all the way through the thread at first to see the picture!!!! OMG I can't WAIT to see everyting one it's done...gold vehicles, lampposts (they were priming some of them when I was there a week and a half ago!!! I'll try to get the posts when they are lit tonight. YAY!!!! I can't wait!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Official Mice Chat person

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek... they ruined them with those strange flower pots. Couldn't they have chosen... "better" flower pots or something ? :-S

EDIT: well.... hmm.. actually I think I kind of like them better than I thought. I can imagine all of the lamp posts looking like this and it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    I dont like the red on the flowerpots, besides that there nice

~

• Minion

The Tink sculpt is really nice too... Very much on-model! Good work.

Tink on the lamp posts looks very cool...the flower pots, not so much. But maybe it's just the angle, and they'll look better from a distance...

Blog Entries
    I like the pots, just get rid of the red line :P It takes away from the gold...

~

• Senior Minion

What a fantastic touch!! It looks magical!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• insufferable know-it-all

Here's another shot of it (warning to dialup users... this could take a while!) http://home.comcast.net/~cindylamb1/goldlamplg.jpg

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Here's another shot of it (warning to dialup users... this could take a while!) http://home.comcast.net/~cindylamb1/goldlamplg.jpg
    Oh how I love my DSL (only a couple of weeks old). Yeah, the flower pots are a little clunky. They kind of blur the delicacy of the victorian-style lamp posts...BUT...all the rehabs and improvements in the park are so welcome. It is looking very nice, indeed!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Um, what's with the new flower pots??? Granted, I haven't seen them yet in person, but I don't like what I've seen in the pictures!! I suppose I'll leave judgement when I see them tomorrow when I'm in the Park.

Personally, they could have just left the flower pots off and kept the Tinker Bell & pixi dust by themselves. By the pictures, it looks too gaudy now! It looks too over done.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast