Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Space Mountain preview?

Al mentioned that Space Mountain may be open on May 4th for a sneak peek... How cool! What are the chances of this happening??

• Banned User

Close to none.

• that's right!

if it were that close to completion they'd work triple-time to have it done by the 5th

• Kirbyshowcase.com

ya but if that happened, what would disneyland get on its birthday? Happy birthday Disneyland, be sure to enjoy your gifts from may 5th because all your getting today is some cupcakes and some birthday hats.
    (insert funny comment here)

• Where's my other cent?

Curious. I've read on other theads how folks have had encounters with CM Matt, and he told them that he had just ridden on it. If it's not close to completion, why are they putting the PRESIDENT OF THE RESORT on the ride?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised if they used all those A-list celebrities as a great way to publicize the opening of the ride. This is just a guess, mind you, but just think of all the great publicity photos........
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by zach1
    Curious. I've read on other theads how folks have had encounters with CM Matt, and he told them that he had just ridden on it. If it's not close to completion, why are they putting the PRESIDENT OF THE RESORT on the ride?

Having the ride vehicle working and safe is quite a bit different than having the ride vehicles work and safe along with having all the effects up for the attraction. Finishing the details of any project properly is usually one of the most difficult and most intensive parts.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Having the ride vehicle working and safe is quite a bit different than having the ride vehicles work and safe along with having all the effects up for the attraction. Finishing the details of any project properly is usually one of the most difficult and most intensive parts.
    I agree, because my friend and I were the ones that met Matt O. when he told us about Space Mountain. He said that he had ridden the ride already, but he didnt say that all of the effects were working. If the ride is operational already, I would assume that the left over time would be used for effects, music, and theming.

Well mabey those of us (like me) that are going a week after the 5th (9th-13th for me) can hope for a soft opening? would be cool if they did with space mountian what they did with BLAB

<<---Hoping beyond hope, blindly I might add!

Open it! Open it! Open it! They can always add more things in a mini-rehab. If they want to get the bulk of the 50th crowds, they need to open it, as soon as it's safe.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I wouldn't be surprised if they used all those A-list celebrities as a great way to publicize the opening of the ride. This is just a guess, mind you, but just think of all the great publicity photos........
    There have been hushed discussions about this very possibility among the ranks at TDA dq...but only time will tell if they make good on it
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

Don't they need DOSH inspection and approval before the general public can be allowed to ride?

Since the track itself has been completed for some time now according to the gossip, they may already have it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I would imagine that synching the music to the ride is a time-consuming project. Perhaps this and some of the special effects are holding them up. But, I do think it is wise for them to wait until everything is working before they open to the public. We are a vicious community. If things are just perfect, we will turn on them like the pack of wolves that we are.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I would imagine that synching the music to the ride is a time-consuming project. Perhaps this and some of the special effects are holding them up. But, I do think it is wise for them to wait until everything is working before they open to the public. We are a vicious community. If things are just perfect, we will turn on them like the pack of wolves that we are.

-Dusty
    Exactly...and they can't afford for this to be even "okay" or "good". It has to be amazing as it is pretty much the centerpiece for the 50th celebration. Wait 'til it's done to open it. We should be happy w/ July 15th instead of November...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast