Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

DW's Disneyland Trip Report (No Pictures yet :()

AUGUST 16, 2006

Well I took my pictures on my friends cell phone but I guess he has to have a certain wire or something so he can put the pictures on the net. So no pictures for now atleast.

Okay here was my schedule.

My grandma was able to get me and my friend, parkhopper tickets.

Aabout 5 am, me and my friend woke up and got ready for the day. We were out of the door by 6:15-ish. We were feeling pretty hungry so we hit Mickey D's before we got into the park.

We then got to the parking Lot around 7:15 and waited in the short line since the lot did not open till 7:30. We then quickly got on the trams, got through security, & got into line at the turnstiles.

As 10 seconds remained till the park opened, all the visitors counted the last few seconds down.

DISNEYLAND IS OPEN!!!!YAY!!!! So me and my friend rush over to Space Mountain, but that was closed for the moment, so we hit Astro Blasters and officially concluded that we were bad space rangers .

I wanted to ride Haunted Mansion, and Wolfy999 knows how bad I wanted to ride it. BUT Matterhorn had a really small line, so we rode that first. At first I thought the Yeti was my cousin, but I was wrong.

WEll we finally got off of the Matterhorn and finally got to Haunted Mansion. On August 10, two days before we flew to Cali, people asked if I was afraid of any terrorist attacks happening. I said "Heck NO! I am afraid of the Haunted Mansion being closed!!" So I was dying to ride Mansion and LOVED the new effects. I liked how Madame Leota was hovering in the air and I also did see the face both times I rode it. My favorite scene is still the Ballroom. We passed by the bride and I asked if she was single.....I thought she kinda looked cute with her evil grin .

So now my friends friend joins us over at Pirates. People complain about the Davy Jones mist effect because they can see the projectors. Well stop looking for the projector !!! I thought that effect was really cool!!! I don't think Barbossa looked like the Barbossa we know in the movies though. But the Jack Sparrow AA's were amazing and so life like!!!! You know it is one thing to read, see pictures, and watch videos of the Jack Sparrows, but it is another thing to see them in person!!!

So after riding Pirates we went to Indy. Sorry fans, but the booby traps were still broken and the ride smelt HORRIBLE!!!! I guess somebody really ticked Mara off and created this devastating misfortune. But it was still a very fun and entertaining ride. This was my second time riding it. The first time, in '95, I had my eyes closed. But it still is a very fun ride.

I LOVE CMs!!!!!!! How many of you just enjoy chatting with CMs? I do! Well I went into Disneyana and got into a long conversation with the two ladies behind the desk in the back about the south, Indy, WDW, etc. Then I went down to the music store and talked to that CM about our favorite classic Disney Channel shows like DuckTales, how my aunt worked for Walt Disney, and how my Great Uncle hated the fact that all the dolls in Small World were white many years ago. So my great uncle donated the first Korean doll and since then, Disney has added more dolls of different ethnicities.

Okay chatting time is over, I have to visit DCA for the first time!!!

(Part two of my trip report coming in a bit)
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 08-22-2006 at 11:50 AM.

• Neep meep beep

Re: DW's Disneyland Trip Report (No Pictures yet :()

Great report - I love it! I think chatting with CMs is a great way to interact with people that you may not otherwise talk much to in the park - thanks for the report.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Time to go Soarin Over California!!! Tried to Call Wolfy over Yosemite Falls, but the reception was bad....I decided to call her back after we landed. I am a big fan of Patrick Warburton and was happy to see he did the queue line instruction video. Soarin, was a good ride, but in my opinion, not the best DCA has to offer.

Okay, me and my friend we beat so we decided to go back to our hotel room on the 13th story at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. It is brand new, but Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris must have been put in charge. Anyway, we got on our elevator, la de da da da, then next thing we know, we're screamin our butts off and falling several stories! Okay now Pressler and Harris need to be ousted from the Hotels board because their maintanence is bad . Okay but in all seriousness, this ride is highly under-rated unfortunatly and is always compared to the original at WDW. But for first time riders such as myself, that was a FREAKIN FUN ride and I have never had as much fun as I did on Tower of Terror.

Well, It is Noon and time to meet Wolfy & Wolfette

(Part 3 Coming Tomorrow)

• Banned User

awsome!! your back!! I can not wait to hear more!!!

• Banned User

tomorrow?? you get back here mister i want more more more!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well mom is kicking me off so I need to go. Good night yall !! I still have much to say about my trip so keep checking back here . I barely scratched the surface.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Can't wait to hear the Wolfy/Wolfette part!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Time to go Soarin Over California!!! Tried to Call Wolfy over Yosemite Falls, but the reception was bad....I decided to call her back after we landed. I am a big fan of Patrick Warburton and was happy to see he did the queue line instruction video. Soarin, was a good ride, but in my opinion, not the best DCA has to offer.

Okay, me and my friend we beat so we decided to go back to our hotel room on the 13th story at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. It is brand new, but Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris must have been put in charge. Anyway, we got on our elevator, la de da da da, then next thing we know, we're screamin our butts off and falling several stories! Okay now Pressler and Harris need to be ousted from the Hotels board because their maintanence is bad . Okay but in all seriousness, this ride is highly under-rated unfortunatly and is always compared to the original at WDW. But for first time riders such as myself, that was a FREAKIN FUN ride and I have never had as much fun as I did on Tower of Terror.

Well, It is Noon and time to meet Wolfy & Wolfette

(Part 3 Coming Tomorrow)
    DW ~ You had me rolling! I love how you wrote about your trip! Very clever writing! Meeting Yeti, your cousin, and the above description of checking into the hotel...way funny!

I'm so glad you were able to go to DL, have a great time and now are safely home! I'm looking forward to the rest of the report...

Give Seymore a scratch on his ears for me!

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    (Part two of my trip report coming in a bit)

Loving your trip report so far! Keep it coming.....!

• Banned User

Where is that kid?? wrassler, stop leaving us hanging, get in here and finish up!! don't make me smack ya!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Okay so I met Wolfy & Wolfette out on the esplenade(Sp.?) as they were in the midst of debating my hair color. Then we went backj into DCA and reunited with my friend out front of Screamin as his sisters and his friend were riding the coaster. So I chatted with Wolfy for a bitand eventually Wolfy had to feed to Wolfette. So they decided to get lunch and me and my friend decided to visit the animation building and get out of the sun. On the way there, we saw Wolfy/Wolfette being seated for lunch. We played in there for a bit and then my friends sisters and other friend joined us there. As they were playing, I kept telling my friend that I wanted to see MuppetVision and ride Monsters. He didn't want to break away from the group until I forced him to leave. That is kinda where I started to get frustrated in the day. MuppetVision was only okay but I wasn't impressed. It was a walk on ride and the queue line was boring. Only the Pre-show video was entertaining. So after Muppet Vision, We met up with my friends small group again and rode Monsters. As others have mentioned, that queue is absolutly boring and themeless too. The ride is only okay but really low-budget and I was disappointed that none of the monsters moved their mouths when they should have. They were pretty much moving statues. I liked the disappearing Randall effect and laughed when the fat blob monster said on the screen said that the Boo monster "Shook him like a dog" .

Okay now this is the time of day that really frustrated me. Lunchtime, at 3PM at the Deli/Bakery across from Screamin. Now this is not the fault of the man who was working behind the counter at all. I was just frustrated at the situation. IT TOOK THEM OVER 15 MINUTES TO GET MY APPLE CHICKEN SALAD SERVED TO ME!!!! How many chickens were they killing back there??!! My friend said to let them know and I kindly told him that it is better for me to keep my mouth closed or else I might say something I might regret. WEll I finally got the meal and the man apologized and it was all cool again. The meal was very good though. So after everyone was done eating, I wanted to go to DL with my friend again, but once again he said that he did not want to break away from the group. Then I looked over at the table his sisters and friends were at and they were putting on make-up, etc! I got frustrated and put my foot down. I told my friend to tell them that we are leaving because all this waiting is ticking me off. I am the one who planned this Disneyland trip and they tagged along, why should we have to wait for them?? I don't get get to experience Disneyland all that often and was not going to waist time. I almost told him that I was about to walk off by myself.

But finally I got him to tell his group we were breaking off and I finally settled down.

We finally rode the Disneyland Resort Train, E.P. Ripley all over the DL resort simply because we have not done that in years. I had no clue the train goes through Splash Mountain! And I loved seeing the Grand Canyon/Pre-historic scenes again.....Oh the memories....

Okay, now with tempers settled, we met up with my friends group and little sister out side of Big Thunder. So hold onto your mouses and keyboards, 'cause the next post will be the wildest one in the wilderness!!!! Well, atleast in Mice Chat .

......Playful spooks have interrupted our tour....We will continue momentarily......

(Part 4 coming momentarily)

• The one on the left.

So far a great trip report. I can't wait for part 4.

Carry on.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

So here I am dusting off my cowboy shoes and singing "Whoopie Ti-Yi-Yo, get along you little doggie...."

Well I rode Thunder with my arms in the air and tried to do the goat trick. I don't know if it worked right, but it had a different type of sensational feeling that's for sure!!!

Okay so we get off and I buy my first dole whip float. The grand daddy of all shakes, the god of all Disneyland gods, the Ayatollah of Ice-Cream-ollah....Well you get the point. Anyway, it really hit the spot. I am not a pinapple fan, but it was pretty good. I bought my friend one too since he had no cash on him....just cards....

Okay I have a complaint here. Somebody must have laid a bad stink bomb in the mans bathroom in between the entrance for Frontierland and Adventureland because MAN DID IT STINK IN THERE!!!! Even the janitor was plugging his nose and spraying air freshener all over the place!!!

(Okay I am being kicked out of the room and I will return momentarily after I explore the dangerous rivers of the Amazon....See ya later ya skippers....(Singing)"...A 3 hour tour....A 3 Hour tour....")

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Okay so we hopped onto the Jungle Cruise and like usual, the same script from 3 years ago was being used. I liked the new things like the piranna's, and the water splashes from the gorillas shooting guns, etc. But the ride was made better simply because of our skipper. You see we got back to the station, but CM's were busy getting a handicapped passanger on the boat. So to kill time the skipper had to improvise. he had us play a clapping game. Now I was right next to him and he saw that I was not clapping. So he kept calling me up until I started to clap . He said that if we did not like him, call him Jason, and if we did like him, call him Glenn, so I will call him Glenn.

After we became unstranded from our 3 hour tour, we made it back to Pirates of the Caribbean. The line was its usual self, but went by quickly. We had no problems with the ride until we got to the man sitting with the pigs in the burning village. People asked if I had bad BO, but I reminded them that it was the pirate. So from that point on, our boats kept getting jammed and CMs came over the intercom to say that the boats would be moving momentarily. We did finish the ride up though, but the boats kept getting stuck.

So after we got off of pirates, we went back to ride the Haunted Mansion. I tell ya, each time I see the bride, I lose my head with love .

Okay so now 7:15 rolled around and my friend wanted to get dinner on Main Street. I said cool. We hit Main Street and I saw that now it was 7:30. I had to get back to the Mansion for the night meet. There was one problem though, the Parade of Dreams was going on and I was stuck in Tomorrowland. Why did I decide to leave New Orleans Square??? Stupid STUPID me!!! So I found a break in the parade right as it ended and I rushed over to NOS. I made it to the gardens and met, Dusty, Fishbulb, Crazylegs, Wolfy, Mr. Lightyear999, Hyperbole, FastPassMtn., etc. Thanks for the DVD FastPass, it works . We were going to meet up with my friends elsewhere, but that fell through and we hit Thunder Mountain. Fishbulb gave me some monkeys to eat, so technically I ate "Monkeys on a Train"....Get it??? "Monkeys on a Train"...."Snakes on a Plane".....Oh well.....

On our way to Thunder we got into a lively debate as to which MCer had the biggest breast size . How the heck did we get onto that topic?

Okay so we boarded Thunder and I rode with my buddy Fishbuulb. I feel sorry for him though. You see I rode Thunder with my arms in the air, and as we turned the corner with the goat, I kinda crushed him with my weight. Fishbulb, are your ribs okay?

So now we got off of Thunder and my friend wanted to meet us at Matterhorn. I broke off from Hyperbole, FastPass, Fishbulb, & Dusty from there and got into the Matterhorn queue. I feel bad that the night meet was so short though . But atleast we still had fun.

Okay so we got on the Matterhorn. I was in the back seat of the sled and my friend was in the front seat of the sled behind me. So as the ride was going, I turned around, and had a casual conversation with him. We talked about how the prices for pizza have skyrocketted these days.

So after Matterhorn we rested for a few minutes because my friends sisters had 10 minutes until they had to use their Buzz Lightyear fastpasses. Me and my friend decided to watch the fireworks. Now we couldn't see the castle, but we got a place across from the teacups that gave us a good view of the projections on Small World, Tinkerbell flying, and most of the fireworks. Literally everyone in my area cheered during the Main Street Electrical Parade segment. It gave me goosebumps. It was nice to see Tink, flying again. Now many of you know I am not much of a fireworks guy, but man that was a very good show.

Okay so after the fireworks were done, me and my friend went to see the 50th Exhibit and went into the Main Street Cinema. Then we hit Space Mountain, which had a 30 minute wait. After Space Mountain ended, we sat by the Walt statue as many people left Disneyland, it was closing time (11PM). We then met up with my friends group at the Emporium and shopped on Main Street till Midnight. For those who do not know, Main Street usually stays opened till an hour after the rest of Disneyland closes. So after Midnight, we all boarded the trams, went to my friends car in Pinocchio, and dropped off his sisters. Finally it was 2am and we went to Dennys for a late Dinner, remember I only had one meal during the day and that was the 3PM lunch. So we got to Dennys and about 4 other people were there. So, a magician who had just got done doing a gig, came in and entertained us. I said I hope he doesn't make us disappear . We got home around 3:15 am and it was definatly time for bed. Talk about a whole days worth of activities.

I bought myself some CDs/DVDs and the "Quotable Walt Disney" book, bought my 2 year old nephew some Nemo books, a small Nemo stuffed animal, and his favorite, Nemo bath Toys (Dori, Merlin, Nemo, and that little pink octopus came in the bathtoy package). Then I bought my mom an Eeyore. I saved over $260 for months for my DL trip and spent most of it there.

We saw Mr. Incredible, ElastiGirl, Some sort of Ragity Ann character from PlayHouse Disney, & That brown female duck from Chicken Little in DCA.

We saw Ghepetto out by the Turnstiles as Disneyland opened, Pinocchio on Main Street, etc.

It was a pretty fun day.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awesome report DW!!!

But... when do we get to SEE you???

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast