Is there a way to swap tickets....???

i was given 2 day park hopper passes from my mom as a gift but when i am going i was planing on going for three days. she bought them at ths disney store in northern cali and they said i cant return can i upgrade at the park or am i stuck buying and extra day at full price?????

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Is there a way to swap tickets....???

Quote Originally Posted by rbspalsh3
    i was given 2 day park hopper passes from my mom as a gift but when i am going i was planing on going for three days. she bought them at ths disney store in northern cali and they said i cant return can i upgrade at the park or am i stuck buying and extra day at full price?????

you might be stuck.
    but it can't hurt to ask.
    if can show proof at the ticket booth (before entering, they might give you a break...but that's a big might).

However, they let you upgrade your single/multi days park passes to a Annual Pass, so I don't see what the difference would be.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I met Walt Disney!

I think you can upgrade. I had a similiar situation. Go to www.disneyland.com and send them an email. They always respond with a personal letter from a cm.

Quote Originally Posted by rbspalsh3
    Nope, you're not stuck! As long as your ticket has a value on it and does not say 'complimentary'; all you have to do is take it to any ticket window OR to city hall while in the park and upgrade. You'll just have to pay the difference. No need to pay a full price 1 day ticket if you don't have to! Just remember to do it while your ticket is still valid. If you wait until the third day and you've already used the 2 days, it won't work. Once it's no longer a valid ticket, its completely invalid, for upgrades or anything.

Part of my job is answering the Disneyland Resort general info line...this is a question that we get alot!

"WHY is the rum always gone???"

Thanks!!!!!!!

• I met Walt Disney!

MsNikkiCole, I have a question for you that's kind of related to this one. If I upgrade my Annual Pass when I renew from a Southern California to a Premium a month before it expires, will it still be an SC pass until the expiration date, or will my premium benefits kick in immediately? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by musiken
    MsNikkiCole, I have a question for you that's kind of related to this one. If I upgrade my Annual Pass when I renew from a Southern California to a Premium a month before it expires, will it still be an SC pass until the expiration date, or will my premium benefits kick in immediately? Thanks!
    Any time you upgrade or renew, your old pass becomes invalid. Once you actually pay the money to go from one pass to another, the first pass is then null and void. You can't hold 2 AP's at once. Kwim? If they didn't make the SoCal invalid right away, you would have 2 AP's.

Now, what do you mean by upgrade? At that point, you would have to just pay to renew basically. You'd be getting a new pass. If at any time you upgrade from one pass to another, your pass still expires on the original expiration date. Does that make sense? So if your pass expires on 10/01/06 and you upgrade, meaning you pay the difference, from SoCal to Premium AP on 09/01/06, then your pass still expires on 10/01/06.

Now, if you're just renewing and moving from SoCal to Premium, then you're set.

I know, I know, more info than you needed to know but I just wanted to be clear!

• I met Walt Disney!

Ok... so my pass expires on November 20. I plan on upgrading when I renew to a Premium pass. Let's say I renew by mail, paying for the better pass, about a month early. Would I in essence be getting several weeks of a premium pass "free," with my new expiration date still being November 20 of the following year? Thank you SO much for your insight!!

Quote Originally Posted by musiken
    Ok... so my pass expires on November 20. I plan on upgrading when I renew to a Premium pass. Let's say I renew by mail, paying for the better pass, about a month early. Would I in essence be getting several weeks of a premium pass "free," with my new expiration date still being November 20 of the following year? Thank you SO much for your insight!!
    No, that's not quite right. Your pass always expires 365 days from purchase. So if you renew to a Premium pass on say, October 25th, then your expiration date would then be 10/25/07. Doesn't matter that your original pass expires on November 20, because for all intents and purposes, that pass is no longer valid. Does that make sense?

• I met Walt Disney!

Ok, I understand now. Thank you SO much for the information. I've been wondering for a while how that would work. My family is going to make the leap from SC passes to Deluxe and one premium. There goes my raise :-/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MsNikkiCole
    No, that's not quite right. Your pass always expires 365 days from purchase. So if you renew to a Premium pass on say, October 25th, then your expiration date would then be 10/25/07. Doesn't matter that your original pass expires on November 20, because for all intents and purposes, that pass is no longer valid. Does that make sense?
    hmmm, thats not how it has worked for us. My pass expires July 8th. I renew June 15th, and my new pass arrives with an expiration date of July 8, 2007. Last year I renewed in the park on July 1st, and my pass still expired on July 8th, 2006.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    hmmm, thats not how it has worked for us. My pass expires July 8th. I renew June 15th, and my new pass arrives with an expiration date of July 8, 2007. Last year I renewed in the park on July 1st, and my pass still expired on July 8th, 2006.
    That was my experience as well. The day before I recieved my new pass, the old pass was indeed voided, but the CM at the monorail station looked at the date, asked if I recently renewed, and let me in based on the date printed on the pass. The date printed on the new pass was a year from the expiration of the old pass, and not a year from when I renewed.

I would imagine that if you're going from one level to another, the new pass will be printed with the new level, and be treated as a pass of that level until its expiration. With that in mind, for those downgrading, it would probably be a good idea to carry the previous pass along with the current pass until the expiration date on the previous pass actually elapses. Otherwise, going down to SoCal Select from Premium for example, one may have a difficult time getting a turnstyle CM to understand that there is still time left in the Premium period if one tries to enter on a day blocked out for SoCal Select passes. Of course, the computers may be set up to recognize the new pass as a Premium until the old expiration date, and switch to a SoCal Select after that, but I would rather play it safe with that scenario.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^If you are going from a Deluxe or Premium to one of the two SoCal AP's, there is NO reason to renew... Just keep using you old AP until it expires, and then get the SoCal on the next visit... There is no renewal discount, so might as well get the maximum amount of days (starting with the purchase date), plus the first day could be a blockout date...

As for UPGRADING, yes, you can get 13 months of the higher level if you plan your renewal. The big rule is that you cannot renew until 30 days prior to the expiration date, but once you do, the new AP is valid, so you can get the better discounts, Parking and no blockout days if you switch to a Premium AP.
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 08-22-2006 at 08:19 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I met Walt Disney!

Thanks everyone for your input on this. I kind of commandeered this thread! It pays to plan when upgrading or downgrading a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    ^If you are going from a Deluxe or Premium to one of the two SoCal AP's, there is NO reason to renew... Just keep using you old AP until it expires, and then get the SoCal on the next visit... There is no renewal discount, so might as well get the maximum amount of days (starting with the purchase date), plus the first day could be a blockout date...
    I was only using that pass level as an example, given that going from Premium to SoCal Select would be the most extreme of pass downgrades.