Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • I <3 o

Which room of Club33 is this?

I've only been there once and it was before the age of dig cameras under $1,000. Sorry it's so dark but does anyone know where in c33 this is? Also a bonus point if you can pick which one is me
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Which room of Club33 is this?

Cute pic! I've never been in C33, but you're the gal in the blue sunflower shirt on the right.....right?

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    Cute pic! I've never been in C33, but you're the gal in the blue sunflower shirt on the right.....right?
    yep thats me in the sunflower shirt, its only because you've seen my avatar all over WIDW

PS the girl sitting across from me is now one of the main Parade Snow Whites, she does electrical and POD
    actually
    stretching?

also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Very cool!

It's the trophy room.

•   
    • I <3 o

ahh thank you, thats waht i thought
    actually
    stretching?

also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• CM for 4 years!

Yup, it's the good ol' TR!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• "professional" sailor

I dont care which room, but cute kids!
    My book on a comprehensive study of the Disneyland Railroad CK Holliday is now available at http://ckhollidayplans.com!

My DLRR CAD Download
    My CK Holliday Project

Perris... sounds like Paris but without the wild parties

I've been there twicw and each time it was in the trophy Room in fact I sat in the same seat as the girl in the yellow shirt. FYI the pheasant in there is a golden crested. I actually stumped the waiter when I asked him what kind it was.
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

FWIW, the Trophy Room, as seen in that photo, was re-styled a few years back and is now known as the "Walt Disney Room". Though I think it's still widely referred to as the Trophy Room.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Much as Anaheim Stadium will always be called Anaheim Stadium and not Edison Field, so is the Trophy Room.

I've never eaten in the Trophy Room!
    A signature should go here.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by KDR
    FWIW, the Trophy Room, as seen in that photo, was re-styled a few years back and is now known as the "Walt Disney Room". Though I think it's still widely referred to as the Trophy Room.
    I've never heard it referred as the Walt Disney Room. Everytime we've made reservations, or dined there, the staff refers to it as the trophy room.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I've never heard it referred as the Walt Disney Room. Everytime we've made reservations, or dined there, the staff refers to it as the trophy room.
    Well, I assure you it was renamed the "Walt Disney Room" after the majority of the stuffed animals were removed several years ago. Here's a post (on, as they say, another forum) from Opus1guy also mentioning the new name. Aside from an actual member or one of the Club 33 staff, he's pretty much the ultimate on-line authority on Club 33 facts.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by KDR
    Well, I assure you it was renamed the "Walt Disney Room" after the majority of the stuffed animals were removed several years ago. Here's a post (on, as they say, another forum) from Opus1guy also mentioning the new name. Aside from an actual member or one of the Club 33 staff, he's pretty much the ultimate on-line authority on Club 33 facts.
    Club33, I wasn't questioning you, and I certainly wouldn't question Opus1guy. I can tell you in dealing with Club 33 for reservations, and hearing the hostess spiel several times, in my experience, they continue to refer to it as the Trophy Room. I'm sure that Opus1 might have heard this from the staff a few times as well. Considering the changes since 1967 in terms of what's on the walls, I can totally see why this might be named the Walt Disney Room, I've just not heard that term from the staff, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I can tell you in dealing with Club 33 for reservations, and hearing the hostess spiel several times, in my experience, they continue to refer to it as the Trophy Room. I'm sure that Opus1 might have heard this from the staff a few times as well. Considering the changes since 1967 in terms of what's on the walls, I can totally see why this might be named the Walt Disney Room, I've just not heard that term from the staff, personally.
    When the Trophy Room changed to the Walt Disney Room, there was a real big "push" to get the staff to call it by its new name and many times in those days when I referred to it as the Trophy Room...they corrected me as to the new name.

But still, many Members, Guests, and staff still called it the Trophy Room.

Today...I think they've pretty much given up insisting it be called one way or the other...and Members, Guests, and staff call it by both names.

It's sorta the same with "The Sound Room." That's the little room behind the Maitre Di's stand upstairs by the lift. That's the name of the room that housed all the controls for the private Audio Animatronic show that was planned for the Trophy Room. Even though that space quickly became the little mini-office/cashier's cage for the Club...forever it was still called by all as "The Sound Room." One management team at the Club later tried to get everyone to call it by some new name...but that never caught on, and today it's still called "The Sound Room."

Still another Club 33 nomenclature variance exists with the Main Dining Room. This room was never originally called that. It was called the "Banquet Room." Much later some staff and many Guests started calling it the "Main Dining Room" and most today call it that. You can always tell an "old timer" at Club 33 if they refer to it by it's official name of the Banquet Room. And when they do, many newbie staff look at you with a very puzzled look in their eyes.

An interesting error in one of the photographs in the Walt Disney/Trophy Room that is the classic shot of Roy and Edna Disney, and Walt and Lillian Disney standing in front of the first Kingswell Avenue "Disney Bros. Studios." The plaque on that photo (unless they very recently corrected it) incorrectly says it's a shot of them in front of the Hyperion Street Disney Studios.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast