Question Smoking Areas at DLR

I really don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on the dangers of smoking (but it probably will) . But here are the facts:

My other half and I smoke. We are extremely courteous smokers (we only smoke in designated areas). We know exactly where the smoking areas are in Disneyland and DCA. We also know that Paradise Pier, where we are staying, is a non-smoking resort. We won't be smoking in the room, nor on the balcony (if there is one).

Are there designated smoking areas outside at Paradise Pier, Downtown Disney and the Disneyland hotel? Can anyone tell me, if they do exist, where they are located?

I will probably be wearing a patch. The other half won't, so I want to be prepared for anything. There nothing quite like a cranky smoker who can't have one....

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Account

Re: Smoking Areas at DLR

I appreciate your kindness in sticking to designated area where ever they may be! The smokes I can't stand are the "walking" smokers that walk all over the park puffing their smoke out into the rest of our lungs!

Good luck with the patch! Try gum!

i believe that since Downtown Disney is considered an outside area, that it is okay to smoke anywhere. All of the trashcans have ashtrays on them.

Being a smoker as well, I always make sure that there are never little kiddies around. I try to gauge where the "safe" place to smoke is in a public area. If I happen to see only a few people around, I generally ask them if they mind if I smoke. Usually they say no and thank me for asking first. So....yeah.

I believe there are designated areas to smoke outside of Paradise Pier as well as the DL Hotel. Always look for an ashtray. That's the biggest tip off I can give you.
    kingdom hearts <3er

Thanks for the encouragement!

I tried the gum the last time I decided to quit. Hard to believe, but I found the gum to be even nastier tasting than the smoke. I know I'll get a rash of some sort from the patch - but figure it's a small price to pay. Plus I got the patches for free....

Thanks for the tips, Kickcows!

• Premium Youngling and

Yes thank you for being courteous about smoking. I dont really mind the smell but my family hates it. ANYWAYS, I think you can smoke anywhere is DTD and i thought they completely banned smoking at the hotels. You can probably smoke down by the pool is youre staying at Paradise Peir.

• Man O Lantern

Thank you for sticking to the designated areas, it really does help those of us who are really sensitive to cigarette smoke.

I suggest sitting and smoking in one spot in Downtown Disney (well, not you, but your other half ), as a lot of people walk and smoke, so the entire area is a hazard. There are a lot of ashtrays in the tops of the garbage cans all throughout DtD.

My daughter was almost burned last year, and my daughter who has asthma and I were coughing and our noses were running the entire time were were in DtD when it was crowded. At night or first thing in the morning, when it was empty, it wasn't so bad, but crowded? It's bad. Seems like for someone who is trying to quit, that would be a bad scene, too!

Good luck and have fun!! I admire your patchness!

• Shaman of the Whills

I suppose you could give this new nicotine water they're selling at LAX a try?!

http://www.bevnet.com/news/2006/06-22-2006-NicLite.asp

Walking in a group of people while smoking has always bothered me - you don't know who is walking beside you, may get burned, might have ashes fly in their eyes, etc. So I never have. Likewise with smoking in restaurants, grocery stores, which is banned in Colorado anyway.

I'm just going to play it by ear, be sensitive to our surroundings, and see what happens.

I'll have to see if the nicotine water is being sold at Denver International or at John Wayne for the way back. Sounds interesting.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Double post

• Fight On for ol' SC!

I hate it when people smoke at DL in non-designated areas. I always tell them it is not a smoking area and they always stop smoking, I have never had a problem with anyone who actually kept smoking. DTD is a smoking area, just not in the shops or restaurants. No smoking please...smoking lamp is out.

Quote Originally Posted by disneybearcub
    Thanks for the encouragement!

I tried the gum the last time I decided to quit. Hard to believe, but I found the gum to be even nastier tasting than the smoke. I know I'll get a rash of some sort from the patch - but figure it's a small price to pay.
    The nicotine is actually completely gone from your system within 48-72 hours of stopping, all the 'effects' after that period are mental/behavioral. Patches just prolong the problem and milk people for more money.

Ask your doctor about getting a prescription for wellbutrin (buproprion/'zyban') while you try to quit. (plus it usually has the beneficial side-effect of kickstarting one's libido into overdrive...)

Never smoked, but have had SO's who were, and quit.

Good luck!
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Well, my libido certainly could stand going into overdrive ... that's for sure.