Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• white and nerdy

Re: The Animation Building needs more <3

The Animation building is always a must visit for me.

This last year we took a total of 15 people to Disney for the first time. of those people 10 said that their favorite thing at all of Disney was the Animation Building (Specificly the Animator's school.... thingy.. what's it called.. .where you draw).

Something about leaving with a picture that actually looks like Goofy or Mickey. The LOVE it and want to do it again and again.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• The Twilight Zone

i absolutely love the animation building and everything inside it!

• ...TWO BITS!

I've been thinking about this place recently here's what I have in mind, please respond:

1) Put Animation Academy out in the lobby. Set up temporary seating, raise the lighting, and whatever they need. As they draw, cameras are directed at people's drawings and displayed on the large screens. Not on ALL the screens, but some would have "Animation Academy" on them so people knows what they're doing. I haven't tried AA yet, but I suppose have this happen every 1, 1.5, or 2 hrs- so there's time for people to watch the normal animation loop.

Or move AA out in the outdoor backlot theater...

2) Then transform Animation Close-up and AA into a new 2 story flat darkride. Have no idea what it should be. But I have a funny feeling that place needs at least one dark ride.

3) Transform Animation Close-up to the music/sound effects exhibit. Being a couple of the hands-on exhibit from this: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34875. Or put this in Turtle Talk. There's been a discussion of moving TT elsewhere in DCA: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34734

4) If TT doesn't become music/sound effect exhibit, maybe return the theater to show how an animated movie is made again. Or have the music/sound exhibit as part of the queue/waiting area.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• The Twilight Zone

i think it should stay as it is but maybe add more songs or acting pieces to ursalu's area

• Banned User

I agree. That whole section of DCA - the Off The Page Store, the Animation building, and ToT- that is classic Disney.

And it gives me hope for the park

Thanks for sharing, Sadako.

• Banned User

I personally enjoy the Animation building. It houses many fun things to do with family.

I love the gift shop you exit through back to the street... it's one of the few shops in the entire resort that I would actually want to buy something from.

*feels dirty, Pressler/Harris-ish*
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Popular Princess

i love the animation building! it is air-conditioned and there is so much to do. i especially love the beast's library. my cousin's fell in love with it and it was really hard to get them out! turtle talk with crush was also fun because he plays toward the adults as much as the kids. i also like the store and every time i'm there i buy a cd and a drawing book.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay
    how do you activate it, does it run on a time loop?
    I think the Magic Mirror says three, if not, four different spiels... And they run on a time loop, the same as the Beast's Library transformation.
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    Are they? Last time I went in there, there was no place to sit down. Hmm. There used to be a ton of seating, then just a little bit, then nothing. I'm glad to hear they've put something back in there. I think they were trying to use that space more for meet 'n greets and then suck people into the rest of the animation stuff.
    maybe it;as because people were always lounged on them sleeping. People would lay down on them and nap. It was silly....especially when you go in wanting to sit down, but can't becasue people are hogging the couches.....One time I walked in and it looked like the homeless slepping on park benches......maybe they figured it would be easier to remove some of them.

I did like it better when all the couches were out...well, at leats when i could actually sit on one without waking someone up...LOL

• no flash photography...

I really liked the drawing the disney character the best. That was more enjoyable than i thought it would be..

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    Are they? Last time I went in there, there was no place to sit down. Hmm. There used to be a ton of seating, then just a little bit, then nothing. I'm glad to hear they've put something back in there. I think they were trying to use that space more for meet 'n greets and then suck people into the rest of the animation stuff.
    They did take out some of the couches. There used to be way more seating.

The Animation Studio is one of my DD's and one of my favorite places. We have spent hours and hours in there just watching the movie clips. I wish they would add some or change some of the movies every once in awhile though.

One of my favorite times was a rainy day when DD and her friend were about 4 or 5. We went in to watch the movies as usual. DD loves to act out and dance to the clips. The place was empty. Micky, Minnie, Donald and Goofy showed up and played with the kids for at least 15-20 minutes and they were about the only kids there the whole time.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

The Animation building seems to be the one thing that the suits that designed DCA did right, its a rekindling of a love affair with Disney .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12