• I have Disney Love!!!!

Questions for Disney Genius'...

Alright, I have a few questions for those of you who go to or at least know Disney quite well. Alright here are they issues, first of all I'm taking my 12 month old son to Disney for the first time in Oct. he will 15 months old, how do you think he'll do with the crowds and all. Secondly how does the parent ticket line thingy work exactly. The other thing is that after having a baby and I've never been very "athletic" I've been working out 5 times a week for about 1-2hrs a day. My goal has always been to do a marathon, I saw in the other thread that Disney does marathons, and even though I'm not looking to do the one that's coming up, but where exactly is the Disney marathon held. What tips do those of you who do do marathons have for me, who is honestly feeling muscles I've never felt before. Mind you I'm not looking to run the whole thing, I don't care if I'm last as long as I finish it. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give.... Thanks.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Questions for Disney Genius'...

Ok first with your child, of course some kids will get uncomfortable in the stroller and scream everyonce in a while but other than than, he will be fine. Parent Swap I believe works like this: Go get a ticket, you and a friend go through Stand By while your spouse/friend waits with the child. When you finish, find your group, give the ticket to the person that had to sit out. He/she can choose one person to go through the exit with them and ride the ride. And as for the marathon, I had the link on where it takes place but I lost it. If you google search Disneyland Marathon, the link will come up.

• FastPass n00b

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c...ventDetailPage

From Disneyland website:

"All athletes that participate in the 2006 Disneyland® Half Marathon have to be able to maintain a 16-minute per mile pace, finishing the Half Marathon in 3 1/2 hours. Anyone not able to maintain a 16-minute per mile pace will be picked up and transported to the finish."

Ouch, that's motivation enough to keep up the pace. I'd hate to fall behind and get picked up by some cart to take me to the finish. A 16-minute mile is a breeze, that is basically a brisk walk. However, after the first couple miles, that "brisk walk" starts turning into a real struggle (for me at least). It's good to see people taking an active interest in fitness though. Americans in general are really in trouble (it all starts with the kids and their bad habits) so it pays to stay on top of things.

• I have Disney Love!!!!

Yeah, thanks for the link I saw that, it is a good kick in the butt. My parents were never athletic people so it's been hard to teach myself. My husband use to be athletic till we got married then he put on a lot of weight, but got rid of it in like 3 weeks. He's a runner so he can kick it like sprinting and keep a conversation, so I'm trying, plus with the baby...I want to teach him to not be hose I was as a child.

• Neep meep beep

Mickey Lover - good for you! I used to run a lot about 5-6 years ago, and did the LA Marathon one year. After my wife and I got married, and she had our baby, we used marathon training to get both of us in shape again.

We both did the Orange County Marathon this year, and we're signed up to do the Disneyland marathon, and the CHOC "Walk in the Park" in October.

The Orange County Register did a story on us, which you can read at the link below:

http://barristerfrog.blogspot.com/20...plishment.html

To answer your other questions, we took our son for his one year (12 months, like yours) birthday, in March, which is when we got annual passes and when I became a member of this darn board that now sucks up all my time. But I digress.

My son loved it. He didn't get into the rides so much, but loved the characters, and the parade, and the fireworks, and Goofy's Playhouse and "it's a Small World" (of course). There's much to enjoy, and you'll all have a good time watching your child's expressions.

The baby swap works like this - you go up to a cast member at each ride that features the baby swap, and they'll give you a ticket. When the first person is done riding, the other person takes the ticket, and gets right on the attraction, without both of you waiting in a long line.

Also, make sure you visit the baby care center in both DCA and Disneyland. Nice people work there, and there's no better place to feed or change a baby.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Only you know your child - how does he act in crowds elsewhere? How does he handle sensory overload? Does he frighten or startle easily? Does he get cranky when his routine is messed up? Is he easy going or adapatable? Can he sleep anywhere? Can he eat off schedule? Can he be content to wait in lines or when you are doing things that he doesn't care for?

• I have Disney Love!!!!

most of that he's really good with, the only thing that he really hates is when a lot of people walk up to him and talk to him, but I figure it's disneyland. People shouldn't be too impressed there are kids everywhere. Right??

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I took my son to Disneyland for the first time when he was 10 months old. he rode Pinocchio for the first time then to.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings View Post
    LMAO!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

It depends on how your child acts in public. My cousin's son went recently at 16 months old and he was great. Didn't cry once. My aunt's triplets (2-2.5 years old at the time) went and they were awful. We took them on a couple of rides in Fantasyland and they cried like crazy and were clinging to my aunt like monkeys.

Good luck!