Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

June 2002

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I got my first one in 1985, when they still took polaroid-style mugshots and taped them into the pass before laminating them.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

HA, I think I got my first one in 1990 and mine was the same way

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)
    i got my first one when I was like 4 or 6 or so... i still have the one from when I was six... it is for Tokyo Disneyland... it also has the laminated picture...
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Im actually buying mine in a few days! the deluxe pass ($209) version. I dont go enough to worry about the blackout days and dont usually drive when I go so I dont need the parking

• Junior Senior

Three weeks ago!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I got mine back in 2000 as a birthday present from my mother. I felt like Charlie with the "Golden Ticket", as it had always been my dream as a child to live in SoCal and go to Disneyland whenever I want. I moved here in '99, and had the other part of that dream fulfilled the following year. I wouldn't trade my AP for the world.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    April 2003. I took my boys for a Easter trip to DL, we got there the day SM closed and I budgeted my butt off to be able to upgrade on our last day I saved their AP's and put them in their baby books :o

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I got my first AP in April of last year! It was the first time I'd ever been to DCA in my life! I adored it to say the least, it's Disney for cryin' out loud!!! Now I'm hooked for life, along with two other Disney freaks who I regularly go with! You know who are.......J loves P, & C too!!!
    All Hail Space Mountain!!!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    August 31, 2003- we upgraded after a three day trip, so it was super cheap- We went deluxe because we lived in Arizona at the time. We were only able to use them 3 or 4 times before we moved to South Dakota and had to let them lapse I was a CM before that and never needed one
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Super saucy pixie!

Oh boy. I begged and pleaded for that until I finally received one, plus a visit to Disneyland, on my 12th birthday. It was pink and laminated with a real photograph of me on it! It now sits happily in my scrapbook!

• Circle of Ancients

I don't remember the exact date but it was 1997 right after our Son turned 1. Had one ever since.

Looking forward to getting WDW AP's at some point.

• Disney Blood Sisters

My parents bought me my first in 1996. And quick question: Did Disneyland use to sell lifetime passes a while back?
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Another Golden Anniversary...

I bought my first AP in 1987, during Snow White's Golden Anniversary! The entire Park was decked out to celebrate the *fairest of them all.* Disney had a special SW parade and a live stage show too.

But unlike today's stage show version, this one was quite unique. It was called, *Singin' Dancin' Hi Ho* and boy did it have a totally different appeal. Most of the songs were jazzed up and made to be dance numbers, so it had a new twist on the musical numbers. It was definitely more of a dancing and singing show. The only *normal* part of that show was Snow White herself.

And remember, we're talkin' 1987 here...so just think of *muscle pants* and sweat shirts (all different colors) with apples patches all over them. Plus colorful leg warmers for all the performers to wear and *taps* on the bottom of each hi-top Rebok tennis shoe they wore. Stop laughing, it's true!

Despite the look of the show, it was still really good. But then again, I love Disney shows that have lots of singing & dancing to it!! But I've had my AP ever since then, except from '96 thru '99, when I worked at Disneyland. And no matter what the cost would be, I'd still save and get one every year!

First pass in 1994 and I think it was $79 (I could be mistaken) with no blackout dates. There were four in my family but my youngest was only two at the time so I only had to buy three so it only cost me $240 for my whole family. The parking lot was where California Adventures is now and I would always gage how crowded it was by how packed the parking lot was. We had so much fun with it. Then the next year we decided to get annual passes for Knotts which was okay but just not the same. I found myself longing to be back in Disneyland so when those expired, we went back to Disneyland and have been renewing them since.

Now I have a family of five and it is getting more and more expensive to keep these passes up. We've downgraded to the SoCal passes which still cost me $843 this last go around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast