Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: The Force Is Strong at Disneyland: Star Wars Characters Arrive At Last

'Star Wars' 30th Anniversary 5/24-28/07
    Star Wars Celebration IV Marks 30th Anniv.!
    Source: Lucasfilm Ltd.
    May 26, 2006

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of "Star Wars," Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center in May 2007 for five days filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and videos presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities.

"Star Wars" Celebration IV will fill the L.A. Convention Center from Thursday, May 24 to Monday, May 28, 2007. Admission to the first day of the event will be for worldwide members of the Official "Star Wars" Fan Club, many of whom will help plan and run special programming themselves. The convention will be open to the general public from Friday through Monday, Memorial Day.

"Generations of fans have loved 'Star Wars,' many passing along the 'Star Wars gene' to their children," said Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm. "This is the first chance to celebrate all six movies in the saga-George Lucas' complete story-as well as the vibrant future of 'Star Wars.' If you've ever been to one of our Celebrations-or if you haven't been before-this is the one not to miss."

Celebration III, a four-day event held in Indianapolis in April 2005, attracted more than 34,000 fans from all over the world. "We started getting questions about a possible Celebration IV even while the last convention was running," Sansweet noted. "So we're determined to far outstrip anything we've done before, both in size and scope, as well as introduce many first-time activities and lots of exclusives."

Lucasfilm is also working on other "Star Wars"-related events in the Los Angeles area just prior to Celebration IV, "so we're expecting Southern California to become 'Destination: Star Wars' from the weekend before through Memorial Day weekend," Sansweet said.

The convention announcement was made jointly by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC. Gen Con will once again manage the convention on behalf of Lucasfilm and the Official "Star Wars" Fan Club. The Celebration IV announcement is being made a year in advance to give fans worldwide a chance to plan for a week-long "Destination: Star Wars" blow-out in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles is the ideal site for a 30th Anniversary convention, Sansweet said, since there are many "Star Wars" roots in the area. It was also the location of the first official "Star Wars" fan gathering, the 10th Anniversary Convention. "Star Wars" opened on May 25, 1977, on just 32 theater screens in North America, including Grauman's Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard.

One of the highlights for fans at a "Star Wars" convention is the chance to buy unique merchandise, including an exclusive, limited-edition action figure. Because this has led to bottlenecks and long lines in the past, the Celebration IV store will be bigger than ever, self-service, well-stocked with merchandise, have plenty of check-out lanes...and be open 24 hours a day from the opening of the show on Thursday until the close on Monday!

"Gen Con is thrilled to be working again with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Peter Adkison, owner of Gen Con LLC, producer of Gen Con Indy and other Gen Con events. "Together I know that we will produce a convention that will not only meet, but exceed, fans' expectations. With Lucasfilm 100% behind this show, it's going to be the biggest party in the history of the franchise. We are particularly focused on dramatically improving the selection and service in the Celebration store."

Online ordering for tickets to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late summer/early fall.

5/26/06 'Star Wars' 30th Anniversary 5/24-28/07

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...star+wars+30th
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I wouldn't look for an update to Star Tours just yet. The arrival of the characters if probably more related to the upcoming "Jedi Training Academy" for little boys.
    And little girls!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    ^---- What he said ----^

I'd expect a Star Tours update at some point in the future, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

But 2007 is going to be the 30 year anniversary of Episode IV, and the big celebration is going to be just down the road at the LA Convention Center. It might make sense for Disney to hype their Star Wars connections to get the conventioners into the gates during that week.

http://www.starwars.com/community/ev...s20060526.html

Click on the above link for a detailed account of Star Wars Celebration IV that is slated for the LA Convention Center in 2007. The event will take place from Thursday, May 24th thru Monday, May 28th. This five day extravaganza will commemorate the 30th birthday anniversary of Star Wars.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    http://www.starwars.com/community/ev...s20060526.html

Click on the above link for a detailed account of Star Wars Celebration IV that is slated for the LA Convention Center in 2007. The event will take place from Thursday, May 24th thru Monday, May 28th. This five day extravaganza will commemorate the 30th birthday anniversary of Star Wars.
    Where is synergy when you need it! I think that if someone was on the ball, they would be making this happen for this next year. With the convention in LA it would be natural to draw all those conventioneers to Disneyland for the new ride. It would make big BUCKS! All they have to do is update the MOVIE! A few program changes for the simulators would be great too, but this is an easy improvement!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Projections are that sales will be big for SW toys this year even with no movie coming out. I think that if Disney were smart, they would be working on an updated Star Tours NOW! It could be the center piece on a Star War Weekend annual event. Of course, marketing would be salivating about this, but I think that guests would love it too.
    A West Cost Star Wars Weekend event at Disneyland is the "mother ship" that Star Wars enthusiasts would hope for above almost anything else. Management would be wise to plan for one sometime now and the next two or three years. If marketing were allowed to "run free" they truely would be wildly all over it!

• Premium Youngling and

Thats going to be soo sweet. I wonder if Darth Vader will creep up behind people and scare them? That would be cool. Geeez, how cool will it be to see Darth Vader walking with Storm Troopers walking and "guarding" him. I am deffinately going to have to bring my camera for that!

The rufurb for Star Tours will also be exciting if it happens!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Oh man, those are not trivial inconsistencies to an anal eight year old girl from Oregon that I know. That's going to drive her (and consequently ME) crazy!

I can't wait for her to see these characters....I'm almost afraid to tell her!

We're getting a big Star Wars exhibit at our science museum in October, too. I was *hoping* to avoid yet another Star Wars Christmas, but it sounds like that will be impossible. Oy.
    The SW exhibit at your science museum sounds exciting, Stink. I wonder how long they usually keep a given exhibit up?

We live in exciting times as the Star Wars universe is going ballistic!!! It's all just too crazy and wild... Disneyland's Jedi Training Academy for boys and girls, the coming of new SW face Characters (and other costumed characters)...and next year's Star Wars (30th Aniversary) Celebration IV at the LA Convention Center. Woo hoo!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-24-2006 at 06:42 PM.

• Rally Time!

this month DLR just turned into basically a big ad for POTC2.

So next month it's "Star Wars Promotion Land?"

let me know when the park decides to turn into a giant promotion for Snakes on a Plane. that will be fun!
    a friend of Walt.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by disney jones
    let me know when the park decides to turn into a giant promotion for Snakes on a Plane. that will be fun!
    They've had the "Snakes on a Ride" promo going on for quite awhile now - it's called Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

• All you need is LOVE

I love star wars

• Shaman of the Whills

I live Star Wars.

• Dreaming of Disneyland...

I love star wars and I cant wait for the characters. That would be really cool if they had a jedi mickey too.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

• Closed Account

Wonder who/what is Screamscapes "source".......?

I think having some Star Wars characters roaming around in Tomorrowland would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind getting my picture with some Storm Troopers, or Vader, or maybe even a wookie.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast