Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 8/22: Tomorrowland construction, Le Bat En Rouge, new art/merch, +MORE!

We made a trip down to Disneyland last night because we were having a rough day and needed some Disneyland to brighten up our night. Aside from losing my ($35) Club 33 pen at park (I foolishly had in my pocket during the day as I was running errands and then realized it was missing after Splash Mountain last night), it was a great night. Anyway, here are some pictures of what's going on around Disneyland..

TOMORROWLAND CONSTRUCTION
    Darkbeer has pretty much covered the (de)construction of this area better than anybody else could, but here are some night shots of the mess down behind the construction walls:

And over at the Monorail station and Winner's Circle:

FANTASYLAND MAD HATTER
    The Fantasyland Mad Hatter shop is closed.

LE BAT EN ROUGE
    The Le Bat En Rouge shop in New Orleans Square is permanently closed now to make way for an expanded Pieces of Eight. The Nightmare Before Christmas shop is now where the "Treasures" shop used to be.

Here's a peek inside the completely gutted Le Bat En Rouge shop:

...And a couple shots inside the new location:

An air conditioning vent is dripping quite a bit inside the Nightmare shop so CMs have an empty trashcan propped up in the shelf in an attempt to catch the leaking water. A lot of it was splashing onto the display cases though.

BLUE RIBBON SWORDFISH...
    This sign just seems strange and out of place, but I guess the lawyers have to do their job, since the Blue Ribbon Bakery sells... tuna fish sandwiches...

NEW MERCH AT DISNEYANA
    Disneyana continues to get great new stuff... here's a look at some of it:

A new Redhead big fig to match your Auctioneer bigfig ($175):

A new bag with Shag's Pirates of the Caribbean artwork. The bag is rather cheapy but comes with a hefty $22 price tag (ouch!). It closes with velcro located at the top inside of the bag. I couldn't see anybody paying more than $10 at the very most for it. I don't even think it's Limited Edition!

Great new Pirates art by Noah

This was part of the merchandise offerings at the Moonlit Voyage POTC merchandise event, and has now made its way over to Disneyana.

And a new Halloween double big fig. Mickey and Minnie dressed up as Disney villans. They are removeable from their base, for easy decorating. The set is $175.

..And finally, a new advertisement at the exit to the Lion King Tram Stop.

Well, that's it!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/22: Tomorrowland construction, Le Bat En Rouge, new art/merch, +MORE!

Great pics! I love those new POTC pictures from the Disneyana shop

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/22: Tomorrowland construction, Le Bat En Rouge, new art/merch, +MORE!

Funny I was going to start a thread about why that sign was in the Bakery. I didn't know they sold tuna...anyway good pictures. Sorry about your pen, if it was me I would have gone to City Hall and filed a lost and found report (only because it was 35 dollars)

• Popular Princess

love the pics! thanx for sharing!

btw: that potc bag looks really cheap!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    Funny I was going to start a thread about why that sign was in the Bakery. I didn't know they sold tuna...anyway good pictures. Sorry about your pen, if it was me I would have gone to City Hall and filed a lost and found report (only because it was 35 dollars)
    Yeah, I should have gone to City Hall, but I just don't think anybody would have turned that pen into Lost & Found. Not only was it an amazingly heavy, leather-stitched, quality writing instrument, but it was engraved with "Club 33" on the pen cap. Nobody was going to turn that in Oh well. Looks like I'll have to search on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by wickeddisneygurl
    love the pics! thanx for sharing!

btw: that potc bag looks really cheap!
    Cheaply made, but not cheaply priced!

| | |

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Yeah, I should have gone to City Hall, but I just don't think anybody would have turned that pen into Lost & Found. Not only was it an amazingly heavy, leather-stitched, quality writing instrument, but it was engraved with "Club 33" on the pen cap. Nobody was going to turn that in Oh well. Looks like I'll have to search on eBay!

Cheaply made, but not cheaply priced!
    I have seen those pens go for over $150 on ebay! I have one myself, but would never take it out of the house, for that reason. Hope you find a new one!

i love the mickey and minnie figurines. i've never thought about them as one of the disney villians. and they picked the best 2 for them. i might have to convince my bf we need those..

thanks for sharing the photos!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Banned User

Very nice update, MasterGracey.

• FastPass n00b

Ok, the completely gutted Le Bat En Rouge shop is extremely creepy now. The lighting and everything makes it look like a morgue in a Nirvana music video or something.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Great update! Thanks for the photos. Sorry to hear about your pen though, that bites

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Senior Minion

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/22: Tomorrowland construction, Le Bat En Rouge, new art/merch, +M

Love the Redhead Big Fig MG. Also love the lighting in the Peoplemover queue above the construction. Interesting changes coming. Thanks.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Minion

great pics

thanks!!

• Grumpy old man

So Tomorrowland is basically one huge refurb wall right now?

Nice pictures. The empty store does look like a morgue...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Toad
    So Tomorrowland is basically one huge refurb wall right now?

Nice pictures. The empty store does look like a morgue...
    Yeah, basically. Tomorrowland needs the TLC though, so I don't mind. If we get life back in the Radio Disney booth, even in the form of a re-located store, then I'm all for it. It's not like they could fit anything besides a store or a more-permanent ODV area in there anyway...

And yeah, the empty Le Bat En Rouge store does look pretty creepy. The blue lighing though is just coming from a leftover lighting fixture in one of the display case areas that was in there back to the right of the check-out area.

| | |

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast