Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Back After Missing MC

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + Mor

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina
    I wish I had bought that shirt you were wearing.... every time I was there I thought about it but didn't buy it. Now I wish I had. I do have golden ears though! Got 'em on 7/17/05.
    My mom found that shirt for me at a Disney outlet after our trip in December and it is one of my favorites!

Awesome report 2DieFR. I loved seeing the commercial shots and will watch for it to air so I can say that I know someone who saw it being filmed

• Dreams do come true

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + More!

You know I was there last night and I though the balloon was some sort of wind gauge for the fireworks, I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the update. And yes it was pretty crowded last night, after the fireworks spacemountain had a wait of 80 mins. So we sent the kids to Autopia which said it had only a 10 min wait.An hour later the kids finally got off Autopia, I hate incorrect signs!!

• Lowering Expectations

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + Mor

Quote Originally Posted by snorkeld
    You know I was there last night and I though the balloon was some sort of wind gauge for the fireworks, I guess I was wrong.
    Actually that was my first thought too, but of course the one(s) used for the fireworks is about a million times smaller, is launched from Main Street, and does not glow.

I have three more little stories to share about yesterday's trip.

When we entered the loading area for HM I'm pretty confident there was the same "2-3 guests per buggy PLEASE!" loudmouth CM that annoyed Mastergracey a few trip reports back. Well I'm about to get into my doombuggy, and I hear her say, "Matt?" And I turn around and she's like, "OMG, we were in the same Spanish class!" I couldn't believe it! That was almost two years ago. The ghost host almost lowered the safety bar before I got in But I know how she recognized me; I wore those golden ears to class one time for one of those Spanish skit thingys, and I'm sure no one from that class has forgotten me doing that since

So that was plain weird.

Next little story: Mom took Kimmy on Pooh while the rest of us used single rider on Splash Mtn. The family I got placed with was hilarious. This little boy was singing the theme song to Spongebob Squarepants, and the teenage girl kept turning around telling him to shut up, while I'm in the back laughing my head off. Finally the dad had enough and he told them both to shut up. I think I've never been so distracted by other riders in my life, but it was so funny. You had to be there.

Last one: while we were heading out of the park past the Matterhorn and onto Main Street, this guy was talking loudly on his cell, and he was saying, "Yeah, we're walking down this path, on our way towards Toontown..." We just looked at each other and laughed.

Yeah, it was a memorable trip. I'm glad I wrote all this down on the back of the entertainment schedule so I'd remember it all. ^^
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + More!

Nice pic's.
    I've tried the Mansion in blue and red also.
    Pretty cool.
    I like the sepia tone on it best though.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Silent Lucidity

Way Cool! I want one of those balloon lights for my yard...

• Popular Princess

nice pics! thanx for sharing! you got to go on a very good day apparently!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Minion

great report!!! thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Banned User

Nice photos. I love seeing construction/demolition in Tomorrowland...promises of change are in the air.

• Minion

Heh. That is a light balloon. Camera's have a hard time taking photo's in the dark, so they use the balloon to cast a nice defused light over the area. If you use spot lights, you get very harsh shadows.

• Theme Park Advocate

This is one of the main companies that make ballonlights for filming website.
    http://www.lee.co.uk/lee/cgi-bin/lee...e.cgi.331.html
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Lowering Expectations

I wanted to bump this thread because, as expected, the Halloweentime commercial shows the witch girl riding on Dumbo, the product of hours of film time for a grand total of less than two seconds of commercial time!

Also, now we know why there were caramel apples at the filming- in the commercial the witch grabs a caramel apple out of a guy's hand as she flies by!

If anyone can find the Halloweentime commercial online or can post it somehow, please do!
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Disabled Guest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Wow, great pictures! I'm still not sure what the balloon was for... maybe lighting?
    Yes, I have been there on several occasions when the big white balloon is out! It is up whenever they are filiming those comercials to provide the perfect lighting. Without it the shots would be too dark and unclear. Great Photos!!!!!

• Banned User

Try and tune to ABC because they play it almost every other commercial break.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123