Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + More!

I stole your title format, mastergracey.

Photobucket is a butt because it makes some pictures smaller and leaves the rest huge, but I'm too tired to fix 'em. My apologies.

Let's go to Disneyland!!!

DCA? No way!

Our first stop? Innoventions! No, really!

"Honey, didn't this wall used to be green?"

"No, dear, it's always been blue!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Fine, I'll prove it to you!"

Hi Tom! Bye Tom!

Because I only went into Innoventions to look at the real progress, which is outside. Darkbeer and others have already photographed the place to death, so I won't go overboard. But here's what I got.

And here's us because Mom was getting impatient and wanted to take a picture of us instead of things. You can tell it's bright because we're all squinting.

More...

And this is from Space queue. Last one, I promise.

Mom insists on people shots. That's me. The caption: "It's a mountain, get over it"

That's my favorite vent, seen from the line. Standing there, if I ever feel like I need to vent, I just look up and...

Funny faces. Especially mom's.

• Minion

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + Mor

OK, here's the real news.

So next we're riding the Matterhorn, right? Well we keep seeing this huge, white balloon. We were like, ??? so we went over to Fantasyland, and this is what we saw.

WTF???

Looks like a mix between a weather balloon and a UFO. It was huge, it was white, and it was glowing.

Aha! I knew it! Filming a commercial!

That camera man was filming a little girl, about 6 years old, all dressed up in a witch costume, riding Dumbo. Hmmm, what could that be for?

Why, Halloween Time, of course!

Film equipment strewn about everywhere next to the attraction.

I like how all their shoes are so shiny.

I want one

That's just beyond any fantasy of mine.

I LOVE THIS SHOT. When else can you get a picture like that???

There were other kids in costume in the roped-off area.

It's a crummy shot, but there's the witch girl. There was another lady riding with her.

I can't get over how weird that was.

It's just, there

Stuffs

Unidentified Flying Nightlight.

I played with the tint a little, it's not really green.

Move over, Jack.

On Small World at 9 P.M., the boat in front of us went back into storing area right before the Mexico scene. I asked the CM kneeling next to it, "What country are you from??"

She just laughed

R...DCT from IASW was excellent as usual. The smoke blew northward though.

It's like the endless hallway...

...or maybe the stretch room, endlessly stretching...and there are no windows and no doors in the structure

Betcha never seen this hidden mickey before!

Kimmy found it. The post right next to it has a fire button thingy, but it's closest to 3B on the Daisy level.

That's all folks!
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 08-23-2006 at 11:33 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + More!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFr
    I stole your title format, mastergracey.
    No worries! if you can get use out of my OCD for having everything as consistant as I can get it, then by all means - take it!

Anyway, great update! Thanks!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 08-23-2006 at 11:46 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + Mor

Nice Job 2DieFR, I really enjoyed the update. Really fun, and thanks for the photos of the sub queue and of the filming. It helps those who can't get down there all the time.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Whoa, awesome report and huge pictures! Cool glowing moon/balloon/nightlight/what-cha-ma-call-it. Kids in costumes for a commercial... hmm, and I was so excited my visit the second week of October, I thought there wouldn't be any crowds. *shrugs*

Thanks again for the awesome pics. You guys look great! I wish I had bought that shirt you were wearing.... every time I was there I thought about it but didn't buy it. Now I wish I had. I do have golden ears though! Got 'em on 7/17/05.

• Basking in birthday love

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 8/23: Fantasyland's New Hot Air Balloon Ride, Filming Witches, + More!

Heh, I thought this was a MasterGracey update at first. There was lots of filming at the park today. Two separate commercials, and something else that I can't remember at the moment. It was kind of nuts.

• Minion

^ Where was the other filming happening?

• Basking in birthday love

Various rides and such. It was much less obtrusive, maybe a grand total of eight people. There was also some big to-do in Town Square at about 11:30p that probably had something to do with... well, something.

• Neep meep beep

Wow, great pictures! I'm still not sure what the balloon was for... maybe lighting?

• Banned User

hmmm....I think this update is better than MasterGracey's....

Lol, just kidding - both of you write excellent photo update threads.

Thanks for sharing!

• Premium Youngling and

Awesome pics. I have never seen that hidden mickey b4! I want one of those light balloons in my room!

• out & about

I saw these two characters posing for the cameras back in FL.

good times.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

I think the balloon was used for lighting... It looks alot like Moonlight
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• All black 'n tan!

I'm betting on the balloon being a full moon for Hallowe'en...

• e komo mai

Nice pics! I'm thinking the balloon is a stand in for a CG full moon that they're going to add into the commercials later. It'll help them put it in a consistent place from shot to shot... That's my guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast