Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

New rules regarding boarding your pet at the DLR kennels.

This was just put up on the Disneyland website and goes into effect on August 28th. At that time the Disneyland Kennel Club and County of Orange will require a rabies and distempter vaccination certificate from your vet in order to board dogs over 4 months of age.

At this time the new rule is affecting only dog owners, but that may change in the near future to other animals as well.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I'm not really here

Re: New rules regarding boarding your pet at the DLR kennels.

Thanks a lot for this info. My mother-in-law will probably be bringing her dog next year. Good to know this.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Mexihick, y'all

It's good to know this. I personally think they should ask for proof that your dog is up to date on their shot records. I was shocked to hear they didn't do that, when I was contemplating bringing my youngster up.

Thank goodness they are finally doing this. We haven't used the kennel in years, but really, how can you enjoy the Park if you aren't sure that your animal friend is going to be okay.

• Minion

I agree. We carry all the records with us whereever we go anyway. On the plane, we even have to carry a recent health certificate. I just wish they woul require proof of Bordatello vacs also. We havent boarded there for a while, but I don't like even taking the dog into the run area for pottying due to not knowing what the other dogs might be carrying. I think this will make us feel slightly better.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Mexihick, y'all

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. When my guy was younger, and still at risk for Parvo, that's when I came to realize the importance of vaccinating your pet. He's our first dog, and it boggles the mind to think that there are those out there that don't take proper care of their animal friend.

• It's all nonsense

Can someone give an example of why you would bring a dog with you to DL? I'm not really understanding.

• Mexihick, y'all

For us, it was b/c he was too young to stay at home while we were there. It's only an hour and a half drive, and we would feel much better knowing he was in the kennel, where we could go and play with him, instead of crapping his pants while locked in the kitchen.

Plus, we knew he would enjoy the drive.

• Closed Account

Darnit! No I gotsta take the rugrat in for his rabies shots! Oops...dogs!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Can someone give an example of why you would bring a dog with you to DL? I'm not really understanding.
    We raise service puppies. For us, its training. We bring the pups with us everywhere. Our pups are allowed in the park and on the rides. However, with a younger pup, a full day at the park is too much for them, but yet we want to go on. So, with our little ones, we will get a kennel (we are allowed in and out privs) early in the am, then when we see he is tired, we take him to the kennel and go back to the park ourselves. After their first trip, they usually can spend the entire day going with us.

The baby you see in the avatar is 10 weeks, in his baby sling, waiting to see Remember.... We hadn't planned on picking him up before our trip, but the organization really needed someone to take him. So, I purchased a puppy sling, we had to avoid the kennel (due to them not requiring vaccinations, and our pup being so little) so he lived (and slept most of teh trip) in the sling, and no one was allowed to pet him, and he could only potty in certain spots. We joke when he went back to Disneyland in April, he wanted his sling back!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

The dogs never look happy to be in the Kennels. I think a dog would be happier left at home or with a loved one. How would you like to be cooped up all day in a cage surrounded by other unhappy dogs?

• Senior Minion

Thanks Oogie B for the Info. I'm surprised also that Disney Kennels are like this up until now.But good to know they are doing this now so all pets are better protected.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 08-24-2006 at 08:17 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    At this time the new rule is affecting only dog owners, but that may change in the near future to other animals as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16
    Thanks a lot for this info. My mother-in-law will probably be bringing her dog next year. Good to know this.

Heh man I thought you were going there and I was cracking up

• Disneyland Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    The dogs never look happy to be in the Kennels. I think a dog would be happier left at home or with a loved one. How would you like to be cooped up all day in a cage surrounded by other unhappy dogs?
    For us, our dog can't be left alone for that long in the house. We live 90 miles away, too close to get a hotel for a day visit and too far to leave our dog in the house for a full day visit. There is no one we can leave her with and with us being so far away it wouldn't be fair to her to leave her alone for that long. We bring her so she gets out of the house and isn't cooped up all day and can see us every few hours. We don't have to rush home to let her out or feed her. Even our vet recommended that we bring her along and I trust her opinion. To us she is more than a dog. I for one am very grateful that Disneyland offers a service like this, I wish more places did. She can't go into Disneyland with us but at least she can come with us for the day.
    Brian9549

Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
    The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
    The Country Bear Jamboree
    The Country Bear Christmas Show

Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the following Theme Parks in SoCal offer Kennel Service...

SFMM - Free, located near the old Gas Station in the Parking Lot

USH - Free, just go to will call and ask for someone to open up the area, next to the Restrooms just outside the Main Gate.

LEGOLAND - Free, but requires a $15 key deposit. Go to Guest Services to get the key

SeaWorld - $5 fee, near the Parking Lot entrance (ask at the Parking Toll booth for directions)

Our friend, Deogee has been to all 4, along with the DLR kennel.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast