After a week of working late nights and long hours, I decided to take a break from work and just hang out in Disneyland today. Some observations:
1. The Monorail. Wow, they work fast. There are refurbishment signs and walls in the Downtown Disney station, and plywood and steel scaffolding all OVER that station, up to the ceiling. It's noticeable from the parking lot even, and although I can't think of what refurbishment the station needs, it's probably for paint, while the station's down.
I took a lot of pictures which I'll post later.
2. Space Mountain. 10 minute wait for the first 90 minutes Disneyland was open, and then up to 30 and finally 40 minutes when I left around 1230 p.m. Disneyland seemed otherwise busy, but this is a short wait for summer.
3. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. After visiting the Big Thunder Ranch for the first time (cute animals!), I rode this quickly. The water pressure in the first lift hill is much better, and splashes nicely. There still is a water bottle cap where the rattlesnakes (snakes by a train!) are, but almost no line for this ride today.
4. Haunted Mansion. Everything looked great, although there no longer is a heartbeat sound heard when entering the attic. Very strange to not hear this after months with it playing as a tie back to the old attic. I watched the faces in the seance room the entire time I was in there, and saw the one eye winking, mouth closed face, and then it quickly change to the both eyes open, mouth wide open face, and then to a third face I hadn't seen before. This new effect is clearly artwork, and appears to be projected, although I couldn't see the projector - could it be behind the effect? Very smooth transitions.
5. Indiana Jones. Pole is working fine, and final animatronic seems to be fixed. Only went on it once, so can't tell if the door changes, but based on the car in front of me, I don't think so. Some stuff, like the flashing eyes of Mara, haven't worked in a while, so no changes there.
6. Pirates. Line said 25 minutes, but I timed it as 13 minutes. Everything worked smoothly, and despite reports here to the contrary, all Jack Sparrow AAs are still there!
7. Jungle Cruise. Had a great skipper - Shereen. Very funny. She said that she keeps telling Indiana Jones next door that the real treasure is her, right next door, but that he ignores her to go play with a big rolling ball. She made us all clap for the "backside of water" joke.
8. Tower of Terror. Sign outside said 13 minutes, but
was much shorter. Hadn't been on this ride in a long time - I enjoyed it immensely - great detail in this attraction!
All in all, a semi busy and hot day, but still a lot of fun. I'm always amazed at how much I can get done weekday mornings at Disneyland. And I'm going back for dinner and fireworks tonight~!