Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Year of a Million Dreams, How does it work??

^But back in the 80's, you had different lines, ones for first entry and you could use the prize-ticket machine, other turnstiles for Re-Entry, and then others for CM's/COmps and Sign-ins, giving only those eligible a chance to get a prize ticket.

Nowadays, you have two parks (and what are the rules, shoudl you get two entries if you enter both parks, instead of just one?) and each turnstile takes care of all forms of entry....

There are some serious issues in how to get this done, and they still are working on it....

So the big question is, why did they make the big announcement about it (the year long giveaway) before they worked out most of the details.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    There are some serious issues in how to get this done, and they still are working on it....

So the big question is, why did they make the big announcement about it (the year long giveaway) before they worked out most of the details.....
    Because they are just now putting this together. This whole promotion is a very last minute kind of thing. There was not a lot of advanced planning or forethought. It was a "Hey, we need some big deal since the 50th is over and people are going to be all 'what now?'" kind of moment I'm sure. A few ideas got thrown around, this one came up and was probably the easiest to get ready in the very limited time they had.

Not to be pessimistic *looks around for the anti-pessimism patrol, love you guys and I'm on your side, but this idea just has issues* because I really hope this promotion works out for them. It is a good idea, it just wasn't fleshed out as much as it could have been. It feels very rushed to me.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The law REQUIRES that the prizes be handed out randomly, so this prevents CM's from just finding someone and giving them something (this could be very problem-some, as many CM's would hand prizes to friends and family, or folks they like (aka a cute girl)... this is NOT random, so the current "rumored" plan is to come up with a computer program that will come up with random locations in the park, and a certain time... So if the computer says, give a Pin Lanyard to the person entering the Indy queue at 1:34 PM exactly (or the first person after that time), then a CM will do exactly that.
    Resurrecting this old thread (which I found when I searched because I had the same question that the original poster of this thread had ) because now, when you go to the Disneyland website, there are rules that now state pretty much what Darkbeer said:
    If, on any given day, a location in a Disney Property is randomly selected: a time for awarding of the prize will also be randomly selected. As mentioned above, Sponsor anticipates that potential winners will be selected at the Disney Properties between opening and 5 pm local time; however, certain prizes (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Cinderella Castle Suite) are likely to be awarded early in the day to help ensure that a winner will be able to claim the prize and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select winners at the Disney Properties during any operating hours. Then, Disney Dream Squad Members ("Dream Squad") will arrive at the randomly selected location and: (i) in the case of a single prize, subject to Sponsor's initial verification process, the first person present at that randomly selected location and time will be notified that he/she is a potential winner of the prize; or (ii) in the case of a Batch of the same prize being awarded at the same time, subject to Sponsor's initial verification process, the first number of people matching the number of prizes in that Batch at that randomly selected location and time will be notified that each is a potential winner of one (1) of the prizes in the Batch. For certain prizes that are only good for an event at a Disney Property on the same day or evening as the day the prize is awarded, the potential winner may be required to tell the Dream Squad members(s) (or, if the winner is a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian must tell the Dream Squad member(s)) whether or not he/she wants to claim the prize won within two (2) hours of being selected as a potential winner. The prize descriptions at the end of these Official Rules contain more information about event and day specific prizes. Decisions as to the selection of winners and the identity of the first person or persons present at a randomly selected location and time are subject to the Dream Squad's sole discretion and the Dream Squad's decisions on these matters will be final and binding. Only Dream Squad members can designate a potential winner at the Disney Properties.
    http://adestinations.disney.go.com/m...RLYOMDRulesEng

This is going to be kinda funny: note the bolded part above, and can you imagine how this might be problematic? Tool and I are always together, if we walk up together, who do they pick? Great if it's a batch prize, but if it's an individual and you're with friends, is it LITERALLY the one who's walking slightly ahead (mere inches ahead?) of the others they are walking around with? I can see the INTERESTING conversations that might result from that!
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• Disneyland or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    I'm just all giggly over the concept of predetermined dreams.

DISNEY: What do you want to be when you grow up, Timmy?

TIMMY: I want to be a...fireman!

DISNEY: You have been assigned 'convenience store clerk'. Thank you for applying. Disney hopes you enjoy your dream.
    Oh, and

That really made me giggle out loud, thanks for the laugh!
    "A bad day at Disneyland is better then a great day at work." ~ Max Fischer

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    You are free to do as we tell you!

I'm just all giggly over the concept of predetermined dreams.

DISNEY: What do you want to be when you grow up, Timmy?

TIMMY: I want to be a...fireman!

DISNEY: You have been assigned 'convenience store clerk'. Thank you for applying. Disney hopes you enjoy your dream.

• U. B. Bold

My dream is to go to a Disneypark. It doesn't matter which one. They're all the same right?
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Tooliebear View Post
    This is going to be kinda funny: note the bolded part above, and can you imagine how this might be problematic? Tool and I are always together, if we walk up together, who do they pick? Great if it's a batch prize, but if it's an individual and you're with friends, is it LITERALLY the one who's walking slightly ahead (mere inches ahead?) of the others they are walking around with? I can see the INTERESTING conversations that might result from that!
    Great - you gave away the whole thing -- that was why I was always going to be walking ahead of any group I was with!! Kidding!! Actually, if this mentality (the "I have to be ahead of my group" thinking) kicks in high gear maybe we'll see people walking in single file lines with a leap frog formation? OR the crowded walkways in tight areas will be even worse with kids elbowing each other to be in front of their group entering Indy. The funny thing would be that kid #1 enters at 12:33 and kid #4 enters and it is now 12:34 -- tada! He's the winner!! So, really, it ISN'T about being first in your group. Its as random as can be, I guess. And yes, I wish they'd go back to the turnstile method. At least then you only can say to yourself, if only I had left the hotel earlier/later. This method is more like "Doh! Why was I enjoying myself on the Mark Twain when I should have been standing on the left side of the entrance to Pooh!!" Ahh, regrets...
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Banned User

so how do they give the prizes away, do you have to be there to win something?

• Banned User

Can you win something by walking through the turnstiles?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

You can find out ALL the info on the contest in these two threads...

This one looks at the prizes, and how they are split up...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37865

This one explains how you can enter by sending postcards in the mail

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37937
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12