Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Exclamation Year of a Million Dreams, How does it work??

I've heard a lot about a year of a million dreams. How do you win all those prizes?
    Last edited by Walt Jr.; 09-28-2006 at 02:32 PM.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Year of a Million Dreams, How does it work??

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

You plant yourself in the hearts of the children, and every time you ring a bell, a dream pixie is born.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr.
    I've heard a lot about a year of a million dreams. How do you win all those pixes?
    You need to be in sync w/ the computer that chooses the spot in which the CM shows up to and gives some random person a "dream". If you dream of a churro, your just in luck.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

No one really knows, not even the people who hatched the idea.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    That's just what I was gonna say!
    A signature should go here.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The "contest" will be held from October 1st, 2006 thru September 30th, 2007.

1 million "Dreams" (aka prizes) will be handed out at the Disney parks in the USA, that makes it about 330,000 for Anaheim, and 670,000 for Orlando.

The official rules have not been released yet, (due to be released on October 1st), but we do know a few things, thanks to Federal Law.

No Purchase will be necessary, more than likely, you will have to show up at Guest Relations at the park every day to register, and if you are lucky enough, you can get a prize without having to pay for a ticket. (Of course you have to pay to get to the park (Gas, Bus Fare, etc.), at Disneyland, you can take advantage of the 15 minute parking, this is how they handled the Honda Giveaway last October. Of course, the vast majority of folks will be eligible by just entering the park with a Paid ParkHopper or AP. (Similar to the old Millionaire rules, where CM's or their guests (aka Sign-ins) are not eligible). Sign-ins that are not family members of CM's can register thru the Non-Purchase rules.

The "dreams" will be predetermined, and will be listed in the official rules, as Al Lutz mentioned in his article this week at MiceAge, many of the lower level prizes will be things like Dream Mickey Mouse Ears, and Pin Lanyards, a few higher level prizes, such as a trip to a park, including hotel and airfare will be offered, but will be a rare prize.

The law REQUIRES that the prizes be handed out randomly, so this prevents CM's from just finding someone and giving them something (this could be very problem-some, as many CM's would hand prizes to friends and family, or folks they like (aka a cute girl)... this is NOT random, so the current "rumored" plan is to come up with a computer program that will come up with random locations in the park, and a certain time... So if the computer says, give a Pin Lanyard to the person entering the Indy queue at 1:34 PM exactly (or the first person after that time), then a CM will do exactly that.

The odds for the contest are about 1 in 60, based on the current Attendance levels. So a Park regular using their Premium AP once a week is more than likely (but not guaranteed) for getting one prize, more than likely a pair of Dream Ears or a Pin Lanyard....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The "dreams" will be predetermined...
    You are free to do as we tell you!

I'm just all giggly over the concept of predetermined dreams.

DISNEY: What do you want to be when you grow up, Timmy?

TIMMY: I want to be a...fireman!

DISNEY: You have been assigned 'convenience store clerk'. Thank you for applying. Disney hopes you enjoy your dream.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    *sniff*
    *sniff*
    *sniff*

What's that smell?

OHHHHHHH! MBA's!
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

DISNEY: You have been assigned 'convenience store clerk'. Thank you for applying. Disney hopes you enjoy your dream.
    LOL

• phbbbbbt

Why are they making this so difficult? Back in like, '85 or '86, I won just by walking into the park. Couldn't they do something like that still, or would that be too easy?
    Last edited by Deanna; 08-25-2006 at 07:22 AM. Reason: clarity issues...
    xo, Deanna

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    *sniff*
    *sniff*
    *sniff*

What's that smell?

OHHHHHHH! MBA's!
    HAHA! Awesome. Yeah, the way this promotion works is just not doing it for me. Because, you know I dream of pin lanyards every night in the hopes that a computer will determine that simply because I am throwing my garbage into can #12 in Toon Town at 11:46am my dream should come true.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Why are they making this so difficult? Back in like, '85 or '86, I won just by walking into the park. Couldn't they do something like that still, or would that be too easy?
    Good question, I beleive it is due to the "original" announcement, and the desire by the Marketing Department to have it happen during your stay, so it happens "magically".

But giving out a computerized printout at the turnstile worked well, was random and met all the legal requirements (they placed a turnstile inside the old Kennel office so those who requested the No Purchase Neccessary option had a chance to play).

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I just thought about this, due to the Federal Laws and the Disney Lawyers, I can see this happening...

A CM comes up to someone and says...

"Hi, I am from the Dream Patrol and would like to give you a dream, but first I need to check to see if you are eligible to get this dream... Can I see your ticket or Annual Pass?" The CM needs to verify that the person is not an off-duty CM or other ineligible person, such as a family member of a CM or a person that works for the independent company handling the computer that figures out what is a random giveaway.

So what will the responses be...

I am not interested in taking a survey

No Habla Ingles (and any other foreign language)

A 12 year kid - I don't have it, My Dad keeps it so I can't leave the park, I am suppose to meet up with him at 2 PM in front of the Golden Horseshoe

Or how about the MiceChat meets - Well, our ParkHoppers and AP's are with our friend, who went to Space Mountain to get FASTPASSes for all of us

There are many issues still to be worked out.... should be fun to watch, especially the first few days.....

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Good question, I beleive it is due to the "original" announcement, and the desire by the Marketing Department to have it happen during your stay, so it happens "magically".
    That's the thing, it was so totally magical... I don't think I'll ever forget it. My two friends went in first, and neither of them won, they turned around to see if it would be me, and holy cow, it was! And even then, you had no idea what you'd won, it could've been just plush, or a free ticket, or a bigger prize. That day, I won a ticket (and gave it to my friends, who'd paid for me). Another time, nobody in my party won, but it was still so exciting, everyone in line was just so full of anticipation. And you got a pin (iirc) that said "I'm a WINNER," and all day long, people would ask you what you'd won.

Stupid marketing dept, making it more difficult than it needs to be.
    xo, Deanna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast