Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Animatronic

I love the dinos and the grand canyon, but my recent trip Sunday met with a few surprises. The T-Rex head was way too high such that I couldn't see it from the train without getting on the floor and the great classic music was gone along with a dramatic narration.

• Newbie.

Does WDW have them in it's train loop?

The Grand Canyon Diarama was not duplicated in Florida.

I loved Dinos when I was a kid, and always couldn't wait to ride the drain to watch them. Next time you're there, imagine you're a small child - listen to the music as you start to enter thetunnel and watch the way the mystery builds.

Now I get to watch my son's face as he watches... :-)

Don't touch them!

• Imagineer in training

Isn't it odd to note that the Grand Canyon diorama features real animals that don't move, whereas the Jungle Cruise has fake animals that do?

The Dioramas were Walts idea, and created to give the train ride a "finale". Park officials wanted a furturistic theme, but Walt insisted on a Grand Canyon.

I'd like to see it spruced up a bit, but never removed.

i know there will not be good replies to this. but, the only way to take out the dinos would be to make a new land for dinos where the proposed woody land is going to go and to the north of it. you could have lucky the dinosaur. a new mountain using t rexs that is much like expedition everest ot journey to the center of the earth. and some new type of boat/raft ride that would use the malestrom system.
    you could probably take all the dinos from the grand canyon and use them in this ride.

and what would you do with that building. i would like to see a bunch of anamatronic figures sing folklore amaericana songs like this is my land. a good way to be introduced to main street.

• Best Buds

I beleive the dinosaurs are from the 64/65 World's Fair (part of the Ford pavillion I think). If that's so, I would be very sad to see them leave. I saw them first at the Fair. (Ditto for IASW, Lincoln and COP).
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Sock Puppet

i personally don't like to grand canyon part. I think it looks old and out of date. I think they should do some sort of tribute to DL or WD in that area of the train

Quote Originally Posted by idontneedaname
    i personally don't like to grand canyon part. I think it looks old and out of date. I think they should do some sort of tribute to DL or WD in that area of the train
    A tribute to DL or WD instead of the Dinosaurs? Disneyland is a tribute to Walt Disney, isn't it. Maybe we could remove America Sings and replace with a tribute to Circuit City (oops - already did that).

Is that you Pressler?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    A tribute to DL or WD instead of the Dinosaurs? Disneyland is a tribute to Walt Disney, isn't it. Maybe we could remove America Sings and replace with a tribute to Circuit City (oops - already did that).

Is that you Pressler?
    it doesn't tie into the RR at all!!!
    let's see, first your in TL, then the grand canyon, then Dinosours, then your on Main street. it just seems out of date

it doesn't tie into the RR at all!!!
    let's see, first your in TL, then the grand canyon, then Dinosours, then your on Main street. it just seems out of date
    Tie into the RR? What should they show then, the underground railroad? Thomas the Train? It's a nice addition to the ride. Is there a part of the ride that's better (is is the only show on the ride, right?)

BTW - a guess at the logic: You're viewing the Grand Canyon from a train (fits in to sightseeing), and then you get see what might have been there "a long time ago..." Oh, and the kids love it.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    Tie into the RR? What should they show then, the underground railroad? Thomas the Train? It's a nice addition to the ride. Is there a part of the ride that's better (is is the only show on the ride, right?)

BTW - a guess at the logic: You're viewing the Grand Canyon from a train (fits in to sightseeing), and then you get see what might have been there "a long time ago..." Oh, and the kids love it.

I guess you are not allowed to have your own opinion.

oh well, I don't like it

• Minion

There was a rumor a while back that they were going to add to the diorama. The were going to add a Futuristic Grand Canyon but keep the "today" and the dino part as well. Kind of like you traveled back in time from Tomorrowland. That would be cool I think. And has anyone noticed that the dinos are the same ones in Fantasia? The T-rex scene is from the movie.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    There was a rumor a while back that they were going to add to the diorama. The were going to add a Futuristic Grand Canyon but keep the "today" and the dino part as well. Kind of like you traveled back in time from Tomorrowland. That would be cool I think. And has anyone noticed that the dinos are the same ones in Fantasia? The T-rex scene is from the movie.
    That's pretty much another reason why I love the diorama, that's one of my favorite scenes in Fantasia.

I guess you are not allowed to have your own opinion.

oh well, I don't like it
    Sniff Sniff - Relax - this is a discussion group. It's about batting around ideas. I said the same thing I'd say to my best friend. It's all in good spirit.

But you did have a bad idea

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast