Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    Sniff Sniff - Relax - this is a discussion group. It's about batting around ideas. I said the same thing I'd say to my best friend. It's all in good spirit.

But you did have a bad idea
    getting rid of the Dino's i don't think is a bad idea. maybe the tribute idea wasn't the best. I think they need to update it a little.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    There was a rumor a while back that they were going to add to the diorama. The were going to add a Futuristic Grand Canyon but keep the "today" and the dino part as well. Kind of like you traveled back in time from Tomorrowland. That would be cool I think. And has anyone noticed that the dinos are the same ones in Fantasia? The T-rex scene is from the movie.

Futuristic Grand Canyon? It's a National Park for Pete's sake! Are they going to have condos on the rim, with Jetsons-style vehicles hovering around? I think most people would agree that the Grand Canyon is best left as is.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Closed Account

When the Grand Canyon diorama was installed, the real Santa Fe Ry. sponsored the attraction. The AT&SF also had real trains that took tourists to the rim, so the tie-in was obvious. The Santa Fe got much publicity for its railroad through the Disneyland Grand Canyon. They could advertise that people take the train to Disneyland to see what was, then, a great marvel in theme park attractions.

As others have mentioned, the Dinosaurs were added later, as a sort of "Grand Finally," as any good show would have. I believe it has accomplished that goal admirably.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    To this day, my son still call the train "The Dinosaur Choo-Choo". Our family loves it as much as naything else in the park. I hope they keep it and give it the TLC it deserves.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Vehicle rotating backward

The canyon is fine, but could use some animatronic touches. The animals sitting there and doing nothing is starting to look really dated.

I would do a little dance when the dinosaurs go away. Hasn't it freaked us all out as kids here at one point or another?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Let's hope they leave it alone, it is a Disney tradition, and when in Arizona the best way to see the Grand Canyon is by train! Still want to do that, but for now DLRR will have to do.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Closed Account

And since the trains were blessed by a Navajo Chief in honor of the opening of the diorama, you probably wouldn't want to upset the Great Spirit by dismantling the thing!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Ok, that settles it. No touchy!

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

IF IT AINT BROKE WHY FIX IT... yah its dated but its part of Disneyland as an icon. Its part of the train trip between parks.. my .02 cents..
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Futuristic Grand Canyon? It's a National Park for Pete's sake! Are they going to have condos on the rim, with Jetsons-style vehicles hovering around? I think most people would agree that the Grand Canyon is best left as is.
    I dont know what they would put in. Maybe the Canyon would be deeper.

• On Autopilot

I always loved the dinosaurs when I was little.... I always waited for the day with one of the little Brontosaurs would walk over to the train

I was kinda peeved when I found out that they didn't have it at WDW.

If they do TOUCH anything on it it should be just for repainting or making sure the dinosaurs move correctly. If they CHANGE anything, it should just be adding animal animatronics to the grand canyon segment, and THAT'S - IT!

• My Children's Father

I'd like to see the Grand Canyon animatronicized ........ big horn rams head-butting, mountain lions getting quilled by porcupines, etc. ..... 'True life Adventure' stuff ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129
    IF IT AINT BROKE WHY FIX IT... yah its dated but its part of Disneyland as an icon. Its part of the train trip between parks.. my .02 cents..

icon???????

Great moments was an icon also, and no one is upset that it has been removed.

All I'm saying is that maybe it's time for the dino & GC portion of the train to be updated a little

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny
    I beleive the dinosaurs are from the 64/65 World's Fair (part of the Ford pavillion I think). If that's so, I would be very sad to see them leave. I saw them first at the Fair. (Ditto for IASW, Lincoln and COP).
    Did you actually go to the 64/65 World's Fair? If so, do you remember much about the attractions? I know that you rode a (probably) Ford car as you traveled through the dinosaur cyc. I remembered looking through a 1968 Disneyland book, and it shows people riding these cars and looking at the dinosaurs. When I finally rode the train at Disneyland and saw the dinos, I kept asking, "yes, but where are the cars?"

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Well, to comment on Great Moments, it is probably coming back after the 50th, although I have a feeling it might not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast