• ...TWO BITS!

08/24/06 DLR trip report (with questions)

Around 8AM, people lined up past the monorail tracks. For some reason 2 red Block Party Bash balls were in the esplande in front of DCA. Got inside around 8:45AM (we were waiting for someone). First went on 5 min wait for Space Mountain.

Then 5-10min wait for Buzz Lightyear (we went twice, the first time I was videotaping). In line, my friend wanted to go on Autopia, but I said "it's fun for little kids, but not when you can actually drive a car", and this guy in line infront of us gave me the evil eye . That felt awkward. Anyways, my friend's score was 93,200 (I think that's L-3) and I got 412,800 (I think that's L-5, but in the photo it says 15; I used the secret target , but maybe someone from the internet helped me; bottom line is this is my highest score!!). Next was 10-15 min wait for POTC. REALLY HARD TO VIDEOTAPE! It's fun, my non-Disney loving friends liked it. They said it was funny the Jack's looked more life-like than the rest of the pirates. Then I said with the exception of the auctioneer who is also an advanced AA.

Went on 5 min wait for Haunted Mansion. Leota and the new bride looked pretty good. The bride still looks goofy and crossed eyed to me. FP the 30 min wait for Splash Mountain. Admired the pirate and 50th ears hat at Brair Patch (glad this store is now open). Went on 5 min wait for Pooh, the line started between the train tracks and the wooden bridge. My friends liked it (read on later their comparision to Monsters, Inc). Looked around the shop. Started to walk out of the land and noticed Splash had a 60 min stand-by and a line to get FP. Decided to go to Tom Sawyer Island because my friends haven't been in a long time or never been before. Just walked around and went on the bridges and headed back. I noticed the train at NOS station wasn't moving for a long time. When our raft was about to dock, everyone from the train had to get out (11:20AM).

Walked on over to Fantasyland Theater to tape 11:45AM Snow White musical. The train at Toontown also stopped with no passengers. My friends thought it was okay. Quite a few people came in and left during show and many of course left before the falling roses. FOR GOODNESS SAKE PEOPLE, STAY IN YOUR SEATS UNTIL AFTER THEY BOW!! Don't be so rude, the actors can still see you and it blocks other people's view and cameras!! Headed back for our Splash Mountain FP return around 12:30-ish. I got the middle seat. During the "roller coaster" portion my right side got wet (read on about GRR). My friends wanted gumbo and clam chowder from NOS while I tried to find a seat for the 1PM Billy and the Hillbillies, but I couldn't. We sat on a couch, but didn't have a view, however we could still hear them. I got fries & cheese sticks with BBQ sauce. Next time I want to try the strawberry & Bananna vanilla parfait (sounds yummy). We didn't want to ride BTMR, I suggested ride the Columbia (so we get hijacked by the pirate), but went to Innoventions (mostly for ASIMO, I missed it twice in my last trips).

So I ended up playing the Tivo trivia game show they had for the "entertainment" segment. Contestants won a free Tivo... plush doll! Went up to see ASIMO and ignored the 1st floor stuff (we got to the show RIGHT on time- full house audience). We walked around Innoventions around 2:15-ish PM and still had some time to kill before 3:15 Parade of Dreams, so we signed up to Talk to Stitch (10 min wait). IT WAS AWESOME!! It's more personal than Turtle Talk (I know Stitch came 1st before Turtle). He questioned why my friend had 2 first names. Asked him about his favorite DL attraction. It was Tiki Room. He asked what kind of shirt my friend had on. He was godzilla. I should have asked what he thought of my shirt (it was POTC). Asked if he like the TV show "Friends". He said not really, but he liked "Hell's Kitchen". He took a picture before he left. Got a card telling us how to get the free online pic . This was probably the best Innoventions experience for me!!

Waited around 2:50-ish PM for the Parade in the hub with the castle as BG. Earned a POTC well and Fortress Room for VMK. I didn't know the questions were still the same from my last 01/22/06 trip- so that's good to know next time. The Pinnchio float stopped in front of us for the show stop. Mermaid was across the way. Ursula was working. I don't think they had all the characters out for the Castle float. Went over to Tiki Room around 4PM for the 4:15PM show BECAUSE HE GOT FREAKIN' HOT!! Bought a Pineapple whip float. Quite good, but I think I like just the whip better. I'll try the other choices some other day. VERY GOOD AND SATISFYING. The AC in Tiki Room wasn't bad either . Looked at Adventureland shop (4:30ish). Looked at Main Street Shops and played with the penny arcade. Tried the Kiss-a-meter. I got the highest possible!! Then headed to DCA for Block Party Bash. Noticed the trains were back up and running.

FP GRR. Block Party Bash played well. I missed the pre-parade CARS . Went on 10 min wait for Monsters Inc. The line started right behind the colorful door facade. Noticed birds nesting under the patio roof before you get inside. The video screens didn't work . And I was video taping . AH well, pretend it was the radio . It was quite emersive. Lots of doors. Roz told me my lens cap was still on. NOW MY FRIENDS THOUGHT POOH WAS BETTER THAN MONSTERS, INC . Interesting, eh? Oh, I need to show them youtube videos of Tokyo's verison .

Next was Muppet Vision 3D. I tried to find the key under the carpet, but the carpet looked a bit wrinkled and it was sticky between the rug and floor (YUCK!). But still no key. I'm pretty sure it was the right mat. My friend fell asleep during the movie. I turned around to Chef to get the message to people behind me that there's something to look at back there. I told my friends there were plans for a AA Muppet ride, and they said they'd prefer that instead of the movie. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THEM! Went to SR Soarin'. But it probably was the same wait time as Stand-by (30min). When we got out, it was 40min.

Went to ride CA Screamin around 5:50ish(20min) I knew they're was SR, but they didn't want to bother since we were already in SB and it was only 20min. My one friend isn't into roller coasters cause of negative G forces. I told him I didn't like being weightless either, but CA screamin is still fun. I went on to more details and he finally came. One friend was separated from us as we went up the stairs and the CM was waiting for FP people. We got in the 2nd car, 1st row. And somehow our separated friend sat behind us! I noticed in line the CM sent out blue train empty and orange train twice with the same people in it!! When blue came back, they started the process of backing it into maintenance/backstage and a guy was already there under the tracks. Anybody know what was up?? My friend said the launch was the most intense and he didn't know about the launch. I'm thinking to myself how can he not see the launch before?? IT'S OUT IN THE OPEN!! Anyways, he liked it very much. I wanted to see Season of the Vine, but I guess I'll have to save that for another trip. We did a lot of "first time" stuff today anyways.

So I'm looking at the FPs my friends got, one of them was invalid. So I said well only 2 of us can go, etc, etc. My one friend pulled out a valid FP out of his pocket. They tried to play a trick on me when they gave the FP to me, but I stuffed it in my pocket without looking. So they had that trick for a long time on me. ANyways, couldn't use FP because it was a 5 min wait at 8PM. REMEMBER ME GETTING WET ON SPLASH MOUNTAIN?? THIS CAN NEVER COMPARE!! My right side and camera bag got soaked after going through the mine shafts. UGH! So 8:15-ish headed for DL to see fireworks. Lots of people there too. Actually found a place close to where I shot the parade. Unfortunately the announcement kept saying the show may not go on due to high winds. I really hate it when people say "what wind?! I don't feel anything!?". But then I hear the little kids talk, and they understood more what was happening than the adults- go figure. Fantasmic fireworks go off and people go crazy trying to watch it and video tape it then people screaming "NO! the fireworks is at the castle! LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!". So they unfortunately cancelled around 9:30ish. I guess they were hoping if they waited long enough, they could go on. But no. So Fantasyland started back up as quickly as possible.

Went on 20 min wait for Jungle Cruise at night. I sat on the left of the boat right behind the skipper. They continued the regular spiel. Went to get Bengal BBQ. I bought a chicken and my friend bought beef so we could get a taste from each of them. Sat on a bench in FL looking at 10:30 F! Intersting few. The food was pretty good, but not very filling. My friends were obssessed to go on Matterhorn instead of Big Thunder. They opened both sides when fireworks was cancelled. But when we got there 10:45, they only had FL side running. I think they forgot how bumpy the ride really is. I forgot to mention that as the day goes on, the wheels get hotter and the coaster gets faster. So FL side at the end of the day is as rough as the TL side. I didn't noticed before there seemed to be quite a few sharp turns.

Didn't stop at Main Street shops, went straight to Downtown Disney's World of Disney store instead. Spent almost 45 min looking around. I wasn't sure if I really wanted some stuff. I ended up getting the "now and forever" book and classic shag stlye disneyland gray shirt (instead of the 50th blue shirt). The guy next to me a the cash register mentioned he was a disney animator working for Pooh... so he was getting his employee discount. The store was closed and went back to the parking structure past midnight.

Fun day. QUESTIONS: What was up with the whole CA Screamin thing? What happened to the DL trains from 11:20-4ish??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: 08/24/06 DLR trip report (with questions)

Forgot to mention when I left Pooh, it was from a 5 min wait to 13 min. And the POTC pirate hat guy was replaced with a "pesco" barrel.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Cast Member

To Answer what happened to the trains... there was an accident backstage and the scene was in view of the train as it went past Small World so they stopped the trains so guest wouldn't be aware of it

• Banned User

what?? no pictures?? OMg we need visual!! and what key are you talking about at muppets 3D all in all a good report but man I needed visual

• ...TWO BITS!

I also forgot to mention on 2 separate occasions families mistook the Matterhorn mountain climbers for "Spider-Man"...

What pictures were you thinking of for me to post??

The Muppet Office right when you get your 3D glasses is on your left. The office is closed but informs you they left the key to the door under the mat .

Thank you NavyCopSB.

-Jurassic Park