• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I've Got A Secret!

Well, actually I don't... but the title got you onto this thread didn't it!

OK... here's the deal:

One of the favorite activities on these forums seems to be speculation about what will happen next at Disneyland: new attractions, updates to existing ones, rehabs, etc. The 50th celebration seems tailor-made for a big announcement or publicity stunt. We've already talked about the possible (probable?) plans for a Nemo theme for the Subs, new People Movers, the return of the Astro Jets and such. Rumors abound about a possible early opening of Space Mountain.

Do ya think those Disney scalawags have a bombshell up their sleeves that we haven't anticipated? Do they have a secret? Is something unexpected gonna happen May 4th (or 5th) that is just gonna totally blow us away?

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I hope so. I want my visit on May 5 to be my best trip ever... But with the swarms of people and the offerings only being a parade, fireworks, and a 50th movie, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. But don't get me wrong, I'm still excited. I mean, its Disneyland. How could I NOT be excited?

• Official Mice Chat person

I've been thinking this same thing for a while now... That they just might have a secret planned... I doubt it though. I don't want to get my hopes up.

• Lovin' Life!

Undisclosed Surprise for the 5th?

I would be surprised if they DID have anything up their sleeves....I'm just happy I (we) get to go and be part of the maddness!
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

• Disneyholic

About 40% of the restaurants will have a new menu themed for the 50th. i know we all talk about the attractions a lot but i love Disneyland food and to hear of a new menu is kinda cool.
    My wife... yes, my dog... maybe, my guitar...never!!!

• behind the curtain

I'd love to think that Disney could have a big suprise for us, but I doubt it. Considering that it seems we hear rumors years in advance (like the return of the Peoplemover, etc.) I don't think anything could be completely withheld from us unless a huge effort was made. Mind you, I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think it's going to happen.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreamer
    I'd love to think that Disney could have a big suprise for us, but I doubt it. Considering that it seems we hear rumors years in advance (like the return of the Peoplemover, etc.) I don't think anything could be completely withheld from us unless a huge effort was made. Mind you, I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think it's going to happen.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I thought.

• Junior Senior

Yeah, I think it would be pretty tough to keep a secret from us unless it's a really, really concerted effort to keep things on the DL. So to speak.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Bombshell? Not likely in the age of the trial balloon
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I've heard that alot of the cms and management have already ridden Space mountain.... Maybe it's something that they are keeping secretive, maybe the cm's dont even know yet? Maybe they'll be like, hey guys, guess what Space is opening today, so the guys who got trained, your up! Etc.... It could be fun!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Wouldn't it be great if a pirate ship or rocket jets or can-can girls were suddenly there on Thursday? Or the castle repoened with something new inside?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Is something unexpected gonna happen May 4th (or 5th) that is just gonna totally blow us away?
    No. I don't think so. Monsters Inc., Nemo Subs.

Maybe new Star Tours.
    Maybe DTD expansion and 4th hotel.
    Maybe hints of another E-Ticket for DCA.

Nothing that will blow us away.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I'm thinking (and hoping) Space Mountain will be opening on May 5th as a surprise.
    Aren't there rumors of letting guests in on May 4th if all of the effects are in place? Eh, that's probably just a rumor. Although it would be nice! (As much as I want to ride my an attraction on opening day for the first time.)

All this talk about food makes me hungry. It's almost as if I was reading an update from Al. New menus. Didn't they just update a handful of them? I wonder what will change. Maybe some ravioli on the adult menu at Pizza Port?

SM is too big of a thing to keep under wraps. If it was going to open, they'd be advertising it like mad, since it would serve to boost numbers even more before the start of the summer.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd