Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indy's Conditions.

Hey everyone! After waiting all July, I finally got to go back to the parks this week. I was the from Wednesday (23rd) to Friday (today, 25th).

OK, so everyday I went on Indy with my friends. Being a MiceChat member and hearing about the condition Indy was in from the awesome Sadako, I looked to see how bad things actually were.

However, if you think that this thread is to tell you about how Indy has gotten even WORSE!...think again.
    I'll lay it out nice and simple:

Wednesday-
    Queue:
    It was a lot brighter than usually, no flickering lights or anything.
    The pole was fixed, and it was making the noises and the spikes were comin down.
    The rope still wasn't there, but the "Don't pull on Rope" sign was there.

Ride:
    The part where you enter through the 3 chambers was completely dark. We went through the middle chamber. The lights seemed to have been dimmed. The first statue of Mara, there was no smoke coming out of the eyes. Also, the green light that comes from the eyes of Mara (the one that has the fire) was on. It didn't blink like it usually does, it was just staying on. The final Indy AA seemed fine, no shaking or shivering.

Thursday-
    Queue:
    Not much changed, but the lights returned to normal, with all there flickering and what not.

Ride:
    The room with the 3 doors was finally working properly. All the doors were aligned, the lights were fixed, and it all looked good. This time, we went throught the right door. It was normal, but the smoke from the eyes were still missing. The green light from the "flaming Mara" was back to normal.

Today-
    Queue:
    The rope was back, and fixed! It was soo cool to see everything back where it belongs.

Ride:
    Yuhp, just like the queue, the ride was fixed. The smoke from the eyes was back, and everything was running smoothly.
    -------
    Todays ride was actually one of the best indy rides I've had in a while. Everything looked freshened up a lil bit. The coolest part for though, was being able to see the changes every day.
    Sorry, I didn't bring back any pictures, I'm no Sadako.

But, just thought I'd let you guys know. Sorry if ya'll already knew about this.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Indy's Conditions.

Good to hear. Hopefully these problems stay fixed until the attraction can go down for a proper refurb and upgrade.

Thanks again for the update.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

I'm really happy to hear this!

• Premium Youngling and

O fantastic! Once Disney heard that I was going to be there for my friends b-day on Monday, they figured they would fix everything STAT. I cant wait to go! Now that I finally figured out how the ride works, I cant wait to see it for myself.

Every once in awhile, there's something wrong in the main mara chamber where the green light gets stuck. I don't know what it could be, seeing as it's just a green light.
    I think when something goes down there (bridge/fire) they keep the light on because that's the publicity photo.
    Or something.
    It seems bizarre to have a simple ellipsodial light malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
    Hey everyone! After waiting all July, I finally got to go back to the parks this week. I was the from Wednesday (23rd) to Friday (today, 25th).

OK, so everyday I went on Indy with my friends. Being a MiceChat member and hearing about the condition Indy was in from the awesome Sadako, I looked to see how bad things actually were.

However, if you think that this thread is to tell you about how Indy has gotten even WORSE!...think again.
    I'll lay it out nice and simple:

Wednesday-
    Queue:
    It was a lot brighter than usually, no flickering lights or anything.
    The pole was fixed, and it was making the noises and the spikes were comin down.
    The rope still wasn't there, but the "Don't pull on Rope" sign was there.

Ride:
    The part where you enter through the 3 chambers was completely dark. We went through the middle chamber. The lights seemed to have been dimmed. The first statue of Mara, there was no smoke coming out of the eyes. Also, the green light that comes from the eyes of Mara (the one that has the fire) was on. It didn't blink like it usually does, it was just staying on. The final Indy AA seemed fine, no shaking or shivering.

Thursday-
    Queue:
    Not much changed, but the lights returned to normal, with all there flickering and what not.

Ride:
    The room with the 3 doors was finally working properly. All the doors were aligned, the lights were fixed, and it all looked good. This time, we went throught the right door. It was normal, but the smoke from the eyes were still missing. The green light from the "flaming Mara" was back to normal.

Today-
    Queue:
    The rope was back, and fixed! It was soo cool to see everything back where it belongs.

Ride:
    Yuhp, just like the queue, the ride was fixed. The smoke from the eyes was back, and everything was running smoothly.
    -------
    Todays ride was actually one of the best indy rides I've had in a while. Everything looked freshened up a lil bit. The coolest part for though, was being able to see the changes every day.
    Sorry, I didn't bring back any pictures, I'm no Sadako.

But, just thought I'd let you guys know. Sorry if ya'll already knew about this.
    Glad you enjoyed the ride. Yes things are getting back together again. Today however the doors that open and close at the chamber are broken and will be for a few days.

Walt's love of Trains!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

The last time I was there (Aug. 20), we rounded the corner to the "Ball Room" - for lack of a better term - in time to see the giant ball roll backwards and up. Kind of an illusion-spoiler there.

Also - about the overhead lights while waiting in line. I read somewhere that you can tell if the ride is running because the lights will flicker. If they go steady (and bright), then the ride has broken down/stopped. It's a good way to tell if you will be moving again soon while you hunt for bats.

Was anyone there when it first opened? They handed out little business card size decoder to the characters written all over the walls. You could decipher all the messages while waiting in line. I have one around here somewhere. Amazingly, all the messages translated to English! If you stare at the words, you can start to decode them because they are based on our written characters anyway. Or maybe I just start hallucinating?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Amazingly, all the messages translated to English! If you stare at the words, you can start to decode them because they are based on our written characters anyway. Or maybe I just start hallucinating?

Nope, you're correct. The "Marabic" is based on English letters in the alphabet
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Nope, you're correct. The "Marabic" is based on English letters in the alphabet
    what I find funny is, is that they use that font and it is supposed to be like ancient writing. But, they also use it in Lilo & Stitch, where it is used to be like space-aged.

haha

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
    what I find funny is, is that they use that font and it is supposed to be like ancient writing. But, they also use it in Lilo & Stitch, where it is used to be like space-aged.

haha

I'm not sure I'm familiar with this. Do you have a picture or something that shows the font in Lilo & Stitch?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• I have Disney Love!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    O fantastic! Once Disney heard that I was going to be there for my friends b-day on Monday, they figured they would fix everything STAT. I cant wait to go! Now that I finally figured out how the ride works, I cant wait to see it for myself.
    If I ran Disneyland and I heard you were coming I'd do the same thing....phew that would've been a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I'm not sure I'm familiar with this. Do you have a picture or something that shows the font in Lilo & Stitch?
    if you have the movie, just watch it. it should be around the begining, when they first introduce stitch.

I noticed it when I downloaded the font "Mara" so I knew it was from Indy, but then I watched lilo and stitch a bunch of times, then I noticed that they were very similar and probably the same.

I'll try to find a picture.

• "714"

good to know! I'm glad that they fixed some stuff.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Up is Down

The Doors were stuck open in the chamber though last night! The lights were on though but the doors were open. I looked back to see what it was trying to do since I heard the chain the closes the door making a loud sound but the door was not moving. Other then that the ride wasnt bad.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

The doors were stuck open today as well, but the ride was in better condition than I have seen it in awhile. There were more headlight effects than I remember... I think I actually got a computer combination I haven't had.
    Fun fact: if you look up when you turn the corner before the mummies and you hear the "ceiling is falling" sound, you can see the opening for the ice machine... it glows red.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast