Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Up is Down

Do the trams need doors?

I think that is a question the Disney people are asking... I went to the park last night got there at like 6:45 and got stoped and asked if I would be willing to help with something by a cast member. There was a line of about 20 people and two short trams. One tram was normal and one had doors on it. They pulled the tram with doors on it which you have to grab a handle pull down and get in then the last person has to close it. Then we had to get out which you have to pull the handle up and then get out. They were timing us and filming us the whole time. Then they pulled up a normal tram and did the same thing. They gave us all a free fastpass to any ride we wanted for the night and thanked us and that was it.Does anyone think that having doors on the trams is needed. I think it would be a good safety idea but it was sort of uncomfortable having doors on each side of you.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Re: Do the trams need doors?

No - we need people to obey the CM's directions and sit down, stay seated, keep the kids towards the center, and keep their arms, hands, legs, etc inside the vehicle while it is moving

• Still lost in Neverland

You know on paper it sounds like a good safety item. But, knowing the mentalitty level of people today, I can't see the guests trying to figure out how to operate these doors. Like everything else they are told to do, the Herd just not understand the simpilist of things and within a day these doors that you have to grab a handle and pull down and then grab a handles and pull up, will be jammed into the trams and that will be the end of that. Or, you will have to have at least 5 or 6 Tram CM's to run up and down opening and closing the doors as the guests are too dumb to do it themselves. If you don't beleive me, take some time and watch the people in and out of the Park and you will see exactly what I mean. The Herd is stupid.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Up is Down

I agree about the herd mentality I see it every time I am at the park and I do agree that people should just listen but the thing is the doors were not closing the whole tram off it was just as high as the seats so people could still grab things outside of the tram. It just seemed like nothing would be able to fall out or off. I do think though that if they did put these doors they would have a problem with people not knowing what to do.... even though the door has pictures on which way to open the door.

I like the idea of doors to keep people in. But having guests operate the doors themselves? Bad idea. Perhaps they can do automatic doors like on the backlot tour at MGM.

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    No - we need people to obey the CM's directions and sit down, stay seated, keep the kids towards the center, and keep their arms, hands, legs, etc inside the vehicle while it is moving
    A-frikkin-men!

• Minion

I can understand why this is being seriously considered- I witnessed a woman who nearly jumped out of the tram to retrieve her handbag- but as stated above it just isn't practical. Plus it's almost an insult to the inteligence that 99.9% of guests posess (well, intelligence enough to stay on the tram anyway). For those so inclined to be a hazard to oneself, if you really want to get off the tram, you will, whether there are doors or not.

What's next? Seatbelts, lap bars, over-the-shoulder restraints, locks...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    What's next? Seatbelts, lap bars, over-the-shoulder restraints, locks...
    lol

Yes; I am waiting for Disney lawyers to issue each and every guest their own personal bubble boy bubble as they enter Disneyland property
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

just use the trams that they use in MGM's tour. 'wall' comes down automatically. Problem is it wouldn't be very efficent for multiple stops.

• insufferable know-it-all

Sounds real safe... till the first crushing injury. The trams have been fine for 51 years, no need to change it!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• The one, the only...

I have been to the park many years and not seen any real problem without the doors. Doors also can smash people's fingers and toes, especially kids. You can try to solve one problem and cause another. Plus with doors there, people will lean against them. If the door latch improperly, then people will fall out. There are so many issues and improvements that Disneyland needs, but doors and trams is not one of them.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Up is Down

I think that the doors would be a good safety thing but it would lower the rate of trams and slow down the time for getting picked up.

• DisneylandDan

I think its fine. If stupid people do stupid things they get what they asked for. I guess people are to sue happy these days too. Doors arnt the answer. People who listen is the answer.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh dear heavens, that's going to slow things down a lot...people just walk around like sheep.

In theory it's a good idea, but if it were actually put to real use, I could see a lot of problems arise.

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrgaby View Post
    I like the idea of doors to keep people in. But having guests operate the doors themselves? Bad idea. Perhaps they can do automatic doors like on the backlot tour at MGM.
    I totally agree. Not practical but a good idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast