I have been to all the North American parks.
I agree that DCA is most like DMGMS, but after that we disagree.
I LOVE Disney Studios! Although it has some weak points like DCA, Disney Studios has some really unique and top of the line experiences:
1) Indiana Jones Stunt Show— This show is on a grand scale with eye popping fire stunts. It is better than anything I have even seen at Universal Studios
2) Voyage of the little Mermaid— This spectacular children's show will make you feel you are under the sea. It is a great family experience, deserving of a true Disney attraction.
3) Car Stunt show— Now they have the car stunt show. Nothing at DCA compares to the level of entertainment of this show.
1) Tower of Terror— I love these two rides. The experience of the TOT is so much better with the fifth dimension. When the elevator leaves its shaft, it freaks most people out. it is a moment of true magic. DCA's version is a poor man's imitation.
2) Rockin' Roller Coaster— I love the experience of this indoor ride. The theme of navigating LA traffic is tongue in cheek but wonderful. These two rides are first in class.
1) Sci Fi Dine In — What a fun concept to recreate the drive in theater idea as a restaurant. I love it.
2) Cafe 50's Prime time Cafe— This show / restaurant will take you back to 1950's. Wonderful concept and fun for the child at heart.
The recreation of 1930's-1950's Hollywood is truly magical. DCA's just is pitiful in comparison. I don't enjoy the back-lot concept at either park. But at DCA it is all you have.
What does DCA have?
The best thing about DCA is Sourn' Over California. It is the genuine Disney style ride. Monsters Inc is a fun little child's ride that is good, but not great. Bug's life is nice too. As to food, nothing is of the experience of Disney Studios. As to theming, Disney Studios takes you to the golden days of Hollywood. DCA takes you to a wiener stand that is supposed to be a movie theater on a back-lot. Can anyone figure out that?
SO DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE IS THE WORST PARK IN THE US!
Disney Studios beats it hands down. It is not even close! Give me Disney Studios any day over DCA.