Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Your honest opinions of Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotels

Ok maybe it is just me, but does it seem that these two hotels are among some of Disney's worst hotels? I was looking at a friend's pictures of some the more recent Disney hotels and both of these hotels seem so under-par with what Disney is capable of now-a-days. Heck, they both even sit next to the Grand Californian, which is another example of what Disney is capable of hotel wise.

Would anyone be happy if they tore down, say, the Disneyland Hotel and built an all new Disneyland Hotel facility/ resort? I know some of us would say NO! and shutter at the thought of it being torn down...but think about it. Could you imagine an entirely new Disneyland or Paradise Pier Hotel? Maybe a combined hotel that would rule out Paradise Pier and put in place a larger, more luxurious Disneyland Hotel.

What are all of your honest opinions on these two Disney hotels? Can you imagine in your mind a more luxurious hotel(s) being built? What are your ideas?

Re: Your honest opinions of Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotels

Overpriced, overrated hotels that have the odd Disney touch.

• Just Me

I am not a fan of PPH. The rooms just seemed to be lacking. It was also a pretty long hike to get back and forth. My Husband prefers GCH, but foralmost the same price I can get a small suite at DLH, and for me, there will never be another place to stay. I enjoy DLH, the koi ponds are a great place to just relax, the Lost Bar is a wonderful place to sit, away from the bustle of DLR. The pool theming is terrific.

I'll just be polite and say that the Paradise Pier is seriously lacking. I am completely appalled a paid a "discount" rate of $289.00 a night for a room with a "view." Never again.

• Banned User

I paid 129.00 at the paradise pier, and I loved the room. the bed was to die for so huge and so comfortable. the room was huge, and the bathroms were awsome. yeah, I wqoul not pay any more then that for a room, heck I can get a nice room else where. but it was fun to stay there once

• Minion

The problem with those two hotels are that they don't have a particular theme, or at least not a very good one. The architecture is your average high rise, and not very compelling at all. It doesn't have the Disney magic you find in resorts like the Hotel MiraCosta or Grand Floridian.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• no flash photography...

I know I'm the odd one out on this, but I enjoy getting away from the disney in your face theme. Maybe thats why I usually saty off property. Anyway, it's not important to me for the hotel to be all disney tricked out. I just need a clean quiet room with a nice comfortable bed. ....that beinf said...I only stay on property when I get a good deal. The last time the DLH was $89.00 a night.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I know I'm the odd one out on this, but I enjoy getting away from the disney in your face theme. Maybe thats why I usually saty off property. Anyway, it's not important to me for the hotel to be all disney tricked out. I just need a clean quiet room with a nice comfortable bed. ....that beinf said...I only stay on property when I get a good deal. The last time the DLH was $89.00 a night.
    No I am with you, theming? what the heck for you got the park for that. How about a real nice fancy place for the cost, forget about disney themeing. go with luxury!!

• Minion

Oh, but the themed hotels are nothing short of luxurious and elegant. Top of the notch accomodations.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Oh, but the themed hotels are nothing short of luxurious and elegant. Top of the notch accomodations.
    yep, filled to the brim with disney stuff...I don't need it. I know I'm at a disney place. I chose to go there. I don't need it shoved in my face every second I'm there. I'm with Karla....thats what the parks are for.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yep, filled to the brim with disney stuff...I don't need it. I know I'm at a disney place. I chose to go there. I don't need it shoved in my face every second I'm there. I'm with Karla....thats what the parks are for.
    Everybody has their own opinions For me, I just like to continue the experience even after leaving the parks and being immersed in a themed environment.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

They are nice..but for the price..no

I think Paradise Pier has potential..maybe some new restaurants and decor. I think the Disneyland Hotel should be completely redone as a completely themed resort. Maybe the lobby could be main st. esq. With rooms with either a Fantasyland, Frontierland, Tommorrowland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, or even Toon Town themed. And the penthouse suite could be made as an exact replica of Walt's firehouse apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara View Post
    I think Paradise Pier has potential..maybe some new restaurants and decor.
    The Paradise Pier actually had its decor and theme redone about 2+ years ago. The rooms are quite nice now, with beach themed accents that match the story of the Paradise Pier over at DCA. And it's got everything the other DL resorts have: one quick service food/bar, one table service, one upscale restaurant. Pool with slide. Jacuzzi. Fitness Center. Convention Space.

But, at the same time, they're working with the original structure of what was once an Asian owned hotel that catered exclusively to Asian tourists and was never originally owned by Disney.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Along with the new beach themed rooms is a new character show at the PCH grill, and an awesome pool slide. The pool and jacuzzi deck is the only one at DLR that is not at ground level. Plus, the special entrance to DCA is just a stones toss away.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Along with the new beach themed rooms is a new character show at the PCH grill, and an awesome pool slide. The pool and jacuzzi deck is the only one at DLR that is not at ground level. Plus, the special entrance to DCA is just a stones toss away.
    the special entrance has been closed for at least a year or more now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast