Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Princess Buttercup's August 25-30 trip report

Hi Folks

I thought I'd start my trip report while I'm still here and keep it going till I leave! So here goes....

We left Santa Cruz on Friday night at 6 pm...yes pm , not am ...because I had to work all day but I also wanted to be here on Saturday as early as possible. Luckily there are 4 of us who drive in our family so we all took turns and after a few stops we were here by 1 am at the Howard Johnson's and in bed by 2 am! We are in Building 1 on the 5th floor and our room is very nice except it's on the freeway side so it's pretty loud. But I know we'll be exhausted at the end of each night so falling asleep won't be hard!

I was up at the crack of dawn...well 7 am...I am like a little kid when I'm going to DL and I have to drag my kids out bed since they're all teenagers. But by 8:30, Courtney , Tiffany and I were out the door. We stopped in the lobby and got 4 day park hoppers , but by the time we had walked to the park, I had decided I would probably be coming here at least 4 more days this year so should get an anuual pass. So we went into DL and the annual pass center. There was no line at all so I walked right up to the window. I got a new CM and she did a good job at everything then took my picture. I asked her "How does it look?" and she said "great" but then when she printed it, I noticed a glare on the photo that looks like drool coming out of my mouth!!!

So now it was time for breakfast...our tradition is to eat breakfast burritos at Whitewater Snacks. They were yummy as always! This always amazes me though....within 5 minutes of eating food at DL, I always swell up and look like I've gained about 5 pounds....the food doesn't taste that salty but it must be loaded with salt. I'm convinced it's DL's evil plot to make us so thirsty that we'll each buy at least 6 waters and sodas throughout the day at $3 a pop. We each brought 1 soda and 1 water with us in our backpacks , but today we are going to bring two each!

After breakfast, we met the rest of our family (Ken, Brittany and Kyle) and our friends Earkid (Shayne) and her hubby Kevin (or Bob, Steve, Joe, Mike, Bruce, or whatever other name we jokingly called him throughout the day). I LOVE these two people. I met Earkid online about two years ago and first met her and Kevin a year ago and they are both just awesome people. I knew we were all going to have a great time spending the day in DCA!!

As soon as we walked through the gates, we had a picture taken and it came out great. This one I can't show yet because I have to scan it first and I don't carry a scanner with me on trips to DL!!

DCA was not crowded at all, but Earkid went to get fast passes from Soarin' for all of us and the rest of us went to TOT. We walked right in the building , right to the front of the line and got right on an elevator in the front row. Yay! During the ride, when they were showing the images of the "ghosts" waving goodbye, the video informtaion suddenly appeared on the screen and then the video blanked out. That cracked us up! But I was also thinking "Yikes, if that's broken does that mean the rides broken too?! But it was just fine and fun!!! Our picture from that is hilarious too, but I can't show it to you either yet!

We went on Monsters Inc. next since some of my kids had never been on it before. It is such a cute ride. I love the scene with all the doors and at the end of the ride I love it when the creepy lady talks to the guests. She told me I had nice hair for a human!

We went over to the Animation building next and Stitch was there ! Yay! My hubby Ken is a huge Stitch fan so of course he had his picture taken first and then the rest of us did too. Stitch was so friendly!!

We went down to the grotto and did the personality tests and the singing and acting and then we went to Turtle Talk. Crush was doing a great job considering that the audience was giving him a really hard time. One of the guests asked him if he was married and he said yes and then he asked her if she had a significant other and she said "Only Jesus Christ." H e said "All righty then, say hi to the JC for me next time you see him!" It was cute!

The people who hadn't eaten breakfast at Whitewater's were hungry by this time so we went over to Taste Pilot's. There's always at least one in the bunch who doesn't want what everyone else is having so I took my son over to the Wharf area and got him a turkey sandwich. We stopped in front of the backside of the Grizzly on the way over there and got our picture taken, but I can't show you that one either of course!

After lunch, we went in the Fly and Buy and had a hilarious aviator "hat and goggle trying on" session! Then we went on Soarin'. That ride is always great!

After that we went on the Grizzley. The wait was only 30 minutes so the majority of us got in the stand by line and ate cotton candy and visited while we waited. But Tiffany kept going single rider while she waited for us to get to the front of the line. She was soaking wet by the time we caught up with her!

We went to the pin trading booth by the pier and the sunglass shack after that. We picked up a few awesome pins, Kevin got some cool POTC sunglasses and Brittany got sour gummy worms, Tiffany went single rider on Mulholland Madness, and Earkid got a blue raspberry slushy! (I forgot to mention that at this point Ken and Kyle had left to go back to the hotel because they both felt sick...drats!) But the rest of us were having a great time. We went on the Maliboomer next and I forgot to tuck my lanyard in my shirt and it flew off when we shot up in the air. I just barely caught it! After that Earkid and Kevin took Tiffany on a non moving gondola of the ferris wheel and the other girls and I did a little shopping. I got some really cute chandelier Mickey earrings. We also grabbed a quick snack of mozzarella sticks and apple slices with caramel. Yummy!

It was 4 pm Earkid and Kevin were pretty tired by now so they decided to head back to the hotel too. Tiffany and I went single rider on Screamin' then caught up with Courtney and Brittany who were shopping some more and we all walked over to bear Country. Tiffany and Brittany went inside to go tire swingng and rock wall climbing and Courtney and I went to listen to the Miner 49ers. I love them ! They did a "Ring of Fire" and ""Zipe a dee dooh dah" singalong and then invited kids up to play in the washboard band! Courtney went up and asked if she could play the cowbell! That was so funny...if you know the whole Will Ferrelll cowbell routine , then you know what I mean!

We all went on the Grizzley after that and then we went back over to the Animation building and took a drawing session to learn how to draw Mickey! It was almost 5 pm now and we were pooped too so we went back to the hotel, got in our swimsuits and napped by the pool for an hour and a half.

At 6:45 we all headed back over to DCA. The kids all went to Ariel's for dinner and they said it was a lot of fun except for the service being really slow. But they had a fun time with the characters and Kyle especially liked Ariel because quote "She was the hottest!"

Ken and I met Earkid and Kevin for dinner at The Vineyard Room. It was thier first time to go there and we were all excited. We had a nice table with a view of the sunset and a great waiter. I ordered the three course dinner that had a sweet maui onion and goat cheese appetizer, a london sirloin and tiger prawn entree, and a chocolate fondant dessert. Everything tasted fabulous and each course came with an excellent wine!

Just as we were finishing dinner, the Electrical Light Parade started so we got to watch it from up there. That was great! We followed the crowd toward the exit after that , but stopped in the Greetings Store to buy our pictures. Earkid also bought the Mickey Pirate and Minnie Redhead Pirate...that thing is sooooo funny! We watched the fireworks from the esplanade and Earkid and Kevin showed us where their brick is! They needed to do a little more shopping in Wrld of Disney so Ken and I headed back to the hotel where our kids had already gone. But when Earkid and Kevin returned , the girls and I went up to their room to do some more pin trading and visiting! It was hard to say goodbye but I know we will see them again soon!

As soon as we returned to our room we went straight to bed and were asleep in two seconds flat. It's 9:15 am now and I am still having a hard time getting everyone out of bed even though DL's been open for 15 minutes already! I better get going!!

PS Ken will now attempt to attach some pictures!!!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 08-27-2006 at 08:56 AM. Reason: pictures added

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Princess Buttercup's August 25-30 trip report

PB...please PM me...I'll be in the park on Aug 30 and would love to see you...your box is full and wont accept PM's.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Happy 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Hi Folks

I thought I'd start my trip report while I'm still here and keep it going till I leave! So here goes....

We left Santa Cruz on Friday night at 6 pm...yes pm , not am ...because I had to work all day but I also wanted to be here on Saturday as early as possible. Luckily there are 4 of us who drive in our family so we all took turns and after a few stops we were here by 1 am at the Howard Johnson's and in bed by 2 am! We are in Building 1 on the 5th floor and our room is very nice except it's on the freeway side so it's pretty loud. But I know we'll be exhausted at the end of each night so falling asleep won't be hard!

I was up at the crack of dawn...well 7 am...I am like a little kid when I'm going to DL and I have to drag my kids out bed since they're all teenagers. But by 8:30, Courtney , Tiffany and I were out the door. We stopped in the lobby and got 4 day park hoppers , but by the time we had walked to the park, I had decided I would probably be coming here at least 4 more days this year so should get an anuual pass. So we went into DL and the annual pass center. There was no line at all so I walked right up to the window. I got a new CM and she did a good job at everything then took my picture. I asked her "How does it look?" and she said "great" but then when she printed it, I noticed a glare on the photo that looks like drool coming out of my mouth!!!

So now it was time for breakfast...our tradition is to eat breakfast burritos at Whitewater Snacks. They were yummy as always! This always amazes me though....within 5 minutes of eating food at DL, I always swell up and look like I've gained about 5 pounds....the food doesn't taste that salty but it must be loaded with salt. I'm convinced it's DL's evil plot to make us so thirsty that we'll each buy at least 6 waters and sodas throughout the day at $3 a pop. We each brought 1 soda and 1 water with us in our backpacks , but today we are going to bring two each!

After breakfast, we met the rest of our family (Ken, Brittany and Kyle) and our friends Earkid (Shayne) and her hubby Kevin (or Bob, Steve, Joe, Mike, Bruce, or whatever other name we jokingly called him throughout the day). I LOVE these two people. I met Earkid online about two years ago and first met her and Kevin a year ago and they are both just awesome people. I knew we were all going to have a great time spending the day in DCA!!

As soon as we walked through the gates, we had a picture taken and it came out great. This one I can't show yet because I have to scan it first and I don't carry a scanner with me on trips to DL!!

DCA was not crowded at all, but Earkid went to get fast passes from Soarin' for all of us and the rest of us went to TOT. We walked right in the building , right to the front of the line and got right on an elevator in the front row. Yay! During the ride, when they were showing the images of the "ghosts" waving goodbye, the video informtaion suddenly appeared on the screen and then the video blanked out. That cracked us up! But I was also thinking "Yikes, if that's broken does that mean the rides broken too?! But it was just fine and fun!!! Our picture from that is hilarious too, but I can't show it to you either yet!

We went on Monsters Inc. next since some of my kids had never been on it before. It is such a cute ride. I love the scene with all the doors and at the end of the ride I love it when the creepy lady talks to the guests. She told me I had nice hair for a human!

We went over to the Animation building next and Stitch was there ! Yay! My hubby Ken is a huge Stitch fan so of course he had his picture taken first and then the rest of us did too. Stitch was so friendly!!

We went down to the grotto and did the personality tests and the singing and acting and then we went to Turtle Talk. Crush was doing a great job considering that the audience was giving him a really hard time. One of the guests asked him if he was married and he said yes and then he asked her if she had a significant other and she said "Only Jesus Christ." H e said "All righty then, say hi to the JC for me next time you see him!" It was cute!

The people who hadn't eaten breakfast at Whitewater's were hungry by this time so we went over to Taste Pilot's. There's always at least one in the bunch who doesn't want what everyone else is having so I took my son over to the Wharf area and got him a turkey sandwich. We stopped in front of the backside of the Grizzly on the way over there and got our picture taken, but I can't show you that one either of course!

After lunch, we went in the Fly and Buy and had a hilarious aviator "hat and goggle trying on" session! Then we went on Soarin'. That ride is always great!

After that we went on the Grizzley. The wait was only 30 minutes so the majority of us got in the stand by line and ate cotton candy and visited while we waited. But Tiffany kept going single rider while she waited for us to get to the front of the line. She was soaking wet by the time we caught up with her!

We went to the pin trading booth by the pier and the sunglass shack after that. We picked up a few awesome pins, Kevin got some cool POTC sunglasses and Brittany got sour gummy worms, Tiffany went single rider on Mulholland Madness, and Earkid got a blue raspberry slushy! (I forgot to mention that at this point Ken and Kyle had left to go back to the hotel because they both felt sick...drats!) But the rest of us were having a great time. We went on the Maliboomer next and I forgot to tuck my lanyard in my shirt and it flew off when we shot up in the air. I just barely caught it! After that Earkid and Kevin took Tiffany on a non moving gondola of the ferris wheel and the other girls and I did a little shopping. I got some really cute chandelier Mickey earrings. We also grabbed a quick snack of mozzarella sticks and apple slices with caramel. Yummy!

It was 4 pm Earkid and Kevin were pretty tired by now so they decided to head back to the hotel too. Tiffany and I went single rider on Screamin' then caught up with Courtney and Brittany who were shopping some more and we all walked over to bear Country. Tiffany and Brittany went inside to go tire swingng and rock wall climbing and Courtney and I went to listen to the Miner 49ers. I love them ! They did a "Ring of Fire" and ""Zipe a dee dooh dah" singalong and then invited kids up to play in the washboard band! Courtney went up and asked if she could play the cowbell! That was so funny...if you know the whole Will Ferrelll cowbell routine , then you know what I mean!

We all went on the Grizzley after that and then we went back over to the Animation building and took a drawing session to learn how to draw Mickey! It was almost 5 pm now and we were pooped too so we went back to the hotel, got in our swimsuits and napped by the pool for an hour and a half.

At 6:45 we all headed back over to DCA. The kids all went to Ariel's for dinner and they said it was a lot of fun except for the service being really slow. But they had a fun time with the characters and Kyle especially liked Ariel because quote "She was the hottest!"

Ken and I met Earkid and Kevin for dinner at The Vineyard Room. It was thier first time to go there and we were all excited. We had a nice table with a view of the sunset and a great waiter. I ordered the three course dinner that had a sweet maui onion and goat cheese appetizer, a london sirloin and tiger prawn entree, and a chocolate fondant dessert. Everything tasted fabulous and each course came with an excellent wine!

Just as we were finishing dinner, the Electrical Light Parade started so we got to watch it from up there. That was great! We followed the crowd toward the exit after that , but stopped in the Greetings Store to buy our pictures. Earkid also bought the Mickey Pirate and Minnie Redhead Pirate...that thing is sooooo funny! We watched the fireworks from the esplanade and Earkid and Kevin showed us where their brick is! They needed to do a little more shopping in Wrld of Disney so Ken and I headed back to the hotel where our kids had already gone. But when Earkid and Kevin returned , the girls and I went up to their room to do some more pin trading and visiting! It was hard to say goodbye but I know we will see them again soon!

As soon as we returned to our room we went straight to bed and were asleep in two seconds flat. It's 9:15 am now and I am still having a hard time getting everyone out of bed even though DL's been open for 15 minutes already! I better get going!!

PS Ken will now attempt to attach some pictures!!!

Sounds like a great first day! Love the pictures with Stitch!

Hi Earkid! Good to see you there too.

Hope you have a great day today with Matt and Michelle. Give Adam a hug from DD!

• no flash photography...

sounds like you're having blast. I'm sorry I missed you, but you have an AP now...so the next time let me know and I'll meet you for sure..

oh, and if you have a digi cam...you can take a picture of the picture and post it. I had to do that once, because the person who owned the pictures would not allow us to take them to be scanned and they turned out pretty good...

• Happy 2007!

Oh, that reminds me. You should vote for the NorCal AP club (we only need 5 for votes!).

• Banned User

wheres Kyle and the little one? sounds liek you are having a great time !!!, post lots of pics ( of the park to please and of the folks you will be seeing today at the meet ok.... see you when you get back
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 08-27-2006 at 10:48 AM.

• love my friends

sounds like you guys are having a blast so far.. keep it going girl

Friends for life

• GO DBACKS!!

We had so much fun with PB and Westley and their adorable family. We are just pooped, as you can probably tell from the pics of me. We had already been there for 2 days and stayed an extra day at the last minute since the PB family was coming down a little earlier than planned. It was sooo worth it!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Minion

great report!! Awesome!! I'm glad you guys are having a great time!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Wish I was in WDW..

Sounds Like you had a great first day! Cant wait for more

-Nikki

• A Pirate's life for me!

Nice report! It was a pleasure meeting you at today's noon meet! Looking forward to next time!

• Circle of Ancients

This is the begiining of Sunday...we had just gotten inside the park and were killing a little time before meeting Matt, Michelle and Adam.

Courtney and Brittany were having fun square dancing.

Tiffany decided to be a junior chef for a half hour.

I was taste testing the soup on the Columbia!

Ken and Matt and Kyle were just hanging around trying not to hit their heads on the low ceiling.

I have no idea what Kyle was doing here!

This pirate was a crack up...he said he was just a tourist from Seattle Arizona

The noon meet at the hub was a lot of fun.

Darkbeer made a short appearance.

I talked almost everyone into going on the canoes.

Courtney and Brittany were having fun at dinner.

This is the boat dessert...the sail is supposed to be edible but it was hard as plastic!

Same with the treasure chest...it was supposed to be edible, but Kyle could just barely get the chocolate off of it!

When he finally did, his teeth were black!

Ken does not look amused~but he was!

C is for Courtney!

That's it for tonight's report because I am pooped!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 08-27-2006 at 11:57 PM. Reason: add explanations of pictures

• Banned User

nice pics......... where is migo???? did any one get pics of migo? don'y forget to name the folks in your pics so people know who they are... matt and michelle hey dave... where's lisa? ok carry on.......

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

I'll piggyback on PB's trip report since we tagged along yesterday.

We woke up in our new house for the first time at about 5:30 on Sunday morning. Michelle got up and took a shower while I went downstairs to get breakfast up. We had bagels, fruit and, juice. I would have made coffee for Michelle (I don't drink coffee) but there were no coffee filters.

We got Adam up and fed, walked the dog and took off.

We got to the parking structure at about 8:45 and got into the park just after 9:00 opening.

We headed to Tomorrw Land, rode the Astro Orbiter, BLAB, and Autopia. We must have killed Autopia because it was working when we got into our cars but by the time we were exiting it was down and they were clearing the queue.

We hit the restrooms and boarded the train. Just as we were pulling into Main Street Station my phone rang. It was Westley letting us know that they were in the park and on Main Street. Good timing. So we left the train and met up with the PB/Westley family.

We moseyed our way down Main Street and through Frontierland toward the Columbia. We rode the Columbia, enjoying the funny pirate . . . er tourist show. After that it was time to head over to the hub.

We chatted at the hub for a while, then PB's family had Sapce Mountain FPs to use. Since PB and Michelle were chatting I used her FP. After Space Mountain, Westley, their kids, and I headed over through Adventure Land so that their kids could hit Bengal Barbecue. Then we headed over to RDZ where the Noon Meeters had adjourned for lunch.

After reuniting with our families we headed to POTC with Dusty, FishBulb, and Sadako. The line was huge but fast moving and the company made it go even faster. After the ride there was much shopping to be done. Dusty, Fishbulb, and Sadako rolled out and the rest of us looked for something to do.

Eventually everyone except me, PB's youngest daughter, and Adam decided to go on the canoes. Well, Tiffany and I decided, Adam came along for the ride.

We got a snack and waited for the rest to be done with the canoes.

After we met back up it was time for dinner. We had reservations at the Blue Bayou. We waited a bit for the LuvsLilo family, but they called and said that they had laready eaten. So in we went.

The meal was tasty and fun. A lot of joking and just good times. We all had some dessert and there was a lot of playing with the "edible" pirate goodies.

After dinner we walked out of the park, doing some browsing along the way. PB's family headed back to their hotel and we headed to the car. We drove to Michelle's parent's house to pick up the dog and then headed home for our second night in our new house.

It was a great trip.
    Last edited by Matt Hamand; 08-28-2006 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Sounds like an awesome time was had by all! I'm anxiously awaiting more!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast