Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: DLR Noon Meet pics - Sunday August 27th 2006

Quote Originally Posted by CapnHook View Post
    Ye be askin' so I be tellin' ya... [smilie=2,38,6]
    The lady in the second pic, wearing the red top, is me first mate, Magikluvr!
    Maybe some day I'll sail in those waters and clump around on me peg leg but, for now, I'm driftin' with the tide!
    Now, where be me Captain's hat?
    Har, har
    thank you, I noticed her fresh face ( she was new) totally cool! thanks hon

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by musiken View Post
    I showed up today, but everyone seemed to know each other... I kinda slipt away quietly.
    what? eeek: darn you, I wanted to see you, and you needed to get hugs and hellos from everyone. did they not see you? I am sorry you slipped away, darn it, I will be there next year, do not think about slipping away then ok

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Haha... I think I did the same thing.
    ok now you two need spankings. don't be shy, these are the most friendliest foks I have ever met. if they can make this old bag feel young, and wanted then by god you will to. now next time you just walk up, put out your hand and say hi... do notgo away, get to know these guys ok. now have a great day and never do this again seriously, do not be shy, really these guys once did not know each other either

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CapnHook View Post
    Ye mean that ye sailed all the way from Apple Valley (though I don't know WHY ye'd want to sail away from those tasty morsels - and a whole VALLEY of 'em, too[smilie=3,32,27]) and ye dropped anchor a few yards short of port?

The next time yer coming this way, sails billowin' in the wind, ye best be bellowin' like an old sea dog, "Whar be all the MiceChatters!?! I be musiken!"

I know that magikluvr will be glad to exchange howdy-do's with ya, just fer firin' a shot across her bow! Just aim careful.. she's got fine lines on her keel an' I'd never be able t'build another like 'er! [smilie=2,38,6]
    hey, I like you welcome to micechat, and hey your pretty funny... I love the pirate talk :hee hee hee. cool
    ok, I am now off to bed have a great day, everyone!

• The Purifier

Will you guys be there this Sunday? I am going to DLR Friday through Sunday.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• For old time sake

Yay for pictures. Looks like a fun time was had!!!! I had the pleasure of talking to Grumpy4 while you were all at lunch. Thanks for sharing the pics Fishy!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Wink Re: DLR Noon Meet pics - Sunday August 27th 2006

Quote Originally Posted by caamora View Post
    Will you guys be there this Sunday? I am going to DLR Friday through Sunday.
    Every Sunday. Sometimes it is a huge group of people, sometimes it is a small group. Just stop by and say hi. Stick around as long as you'd like. We are usually there from noon until about 12:30. Then we go to lunch somewhere. Then people sort of break up into small groups to do the Disneyland thing. It is really nice.

Tip for the new folks: Don't be afraid to stop by. If you don't know anyone, then introduce yourself to a few people. Try to find one of the Moderators if you can. They'll usually introduce you to some of the other people there. If you just hang out, you'll start to get to know people.

I started hanging out with a group of people at Disneyland about 8 years ago. At first I didn't know anyone. But I kept showing up. Now I can count 8,000 MiceChatters as my friends.

I understand that it is awkward to meet new people. So just bite the bullet and do it. Before long, it isn't awkward anymore and you won't be able to wait for Sunday so you can stop by the meet. Really.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Former Cast Member

I would love to meet up with all of the mice chatters for once. All of you seem to be having a great time. I know there is a meet on the 4th of Sept., which is my B-day btw, and I might show up and say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Christine bit me
    Lucky!

• Back After Missing MC

Alright there were a lot of Mice Chatters there yesterday and I would be shocked if Fishbulb was the only one with a camera. Come on MC members, post some photos

PS - they were really great photos too Fishy!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Another tip, maybe get to know some Micechatters through PM's first. Thats what I did. I got to know Disneykat, Villains Fan, Sunnygirl and NeverGrow_up before my first meet and then when you decide to GO to your first meet, it makes it just that easier when you have someone there to "hold you hand"!

Then you go to lunch and hang out for a while, or maybe all day, then you go to another meet, see more new people and then BAM you are suddenly a Micechat celebrity!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

The previous Sunday (8/20), I didn't know anyone but I recognized Darkbeer from his awesome photos. I went over and said hello and he introduced me around to the Chatters there. It was Bat's Day and a few were in full Goth regalia. Darkbeer was busy taking 40 photos per minute and Al Lutz has the kindness to have been born on that date.

I was lucky enough to tag along with MissChristine, E-Ticket, Cuzco-Topia, Grumpy4, and a few others whose handles escape me.

They were all very cool and I probably would have shown up last Sunday if it wasn't for my twins' 5th birthday party. They ruin everything!

So I guess my point (to add to the others who have said it) is that the group does look pretty close-knit but is also very accessible. I mean, this is the Nerd Herd, right?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Looks like a great time was had by all! Thanks for sharing.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Ah see.. I got all excited because we will be there in October... then I remembered our flight leaves at about noon on Sunday. bummer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    Oy! We all know eachother because we introduce ourselves at meets! We don't bite, really! Just take the plunge and then just walk up to someone and say "Hi, I'm [insert name here]." Easy as pie.

Really?

Remember the 1/17 meet?

You were the first one to come up to me and introduce yourself, that really made my day. Then i jumped in the crowd i said. "Hey guys, i'm barfownz" and they stared at me and kept talking to each other, so i left.

I'll be back on the labor day meet though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast