Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: DLR Noon Meet pics - Sunday August 27th 2006

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    The previous Sunday (8/20), I didn't know anyone but I recognized Darkbeer from his awesome photos. I went over and said hello and he introduced me around to the Chatters there. It was Bat's Day and a few were in full Goth regalia. Darkbeer was busy taking 40 photos per minute and Al Lutz has the kindness to have been born on that date.

I was lucky enough to tag along with MissChristine, E-Ticket, Cuzco-Topia, Grumpy4, and a few others whose handles escape me.

They were all very cool and I probably would have shown up last Sunday if it wasn't for my twins' 5th birthday party. They ruin everything!

So I guess my point (to add to the others who have said it) is that the group does look pretty close-knit but is also very accessible. I mean, this is the Nerd Herd, right?

HEY!!!!! My Evil Twin Grumpy4 told me ALL about you the other day and how cool you were, and she doesnt give that compliment out lightly so I look forward to meeting you someday

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Great pictures!!

Please do come up and say hi, as some of us won't come up to you
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The one on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Tip for the new folks: Don't be afraid to stop by. If you don't know anyone, then introduce yourself to a few people. Try to find one of the Moderators if you can. They'll usually introduce you to some of the other people there. If you just hang out, you'll start to get to know people.

I started hanging out with a group of people at Disneyland about 8 years ago. At first I didn't know anyone. But I kept showing up. Now I can count 8,000 MiceChatters as my friends.

I understand that it is awkward to meet new people. So just bite the bullet and do it. Before long, it isn't awkward anymore and you won't be able to wait for Sunday so you can stop by the meet. Really.

-Dusty

All right, you have convinced me to give it a try when I am there next Sunday. I think it's amazing that you can count 8,000 MiceChatters as your friends but since the accident with the band saw I can only count in multiples of 9. So, I'm limited to 7,992. j/k

Carry on.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Really?

Remember the 1/17 meet?

You were the first one to come up to me and introduce yourself, that really made my day. Then i jumped in the crowd i said. "Hey guys, i'm barfownz" and they stared at me and kept talking to each other, so i left.

I'll be back on the labor day meet though.
    what?? OMG that would have been so sad. I am sorry this happened, your next meet will be awsome, I promise( it better be!!

• Newbie.

Anytime you're the new guy in a group of tight friends, it's always hard to feel comfortable. It just comes with a little time and effort. My first MiceChat meet was a little intimidating, but it's like jumping into a pool. It's cold for a second, but after a little while....it's great.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Darkbeer was busy taking 40 photos per minute and Al Lutz has the kindness to have been born on that date.
    Only 40? how unlike him

You hung out with some AWESOME PEEPS!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla View Post
    what?? OMG that would have been so sad. I am sorry this happened, your next meet will be awsome, I promise( it better be!!
    Yeah. I can't wait for next monday's meet.

It will be better because i posted the thread on it.

I cant wait...unlike any other Disneyland trip.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wvnative View Post
    Ah see.. I got all excited because we will be there in October... then I remembered our flight leaves at about noon on Sunday. bummer.
    Don't worry, Denise, we'll have our own Micechat meet!!

I think I'll be scared to come up to you guys... Grumpy4 scares me (Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!! "We laugh WITH bullies, then laugh AT everyone else" eeekkkk!! that's scary!! ).... and besides, you guys won't understand this Aussie accent

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post

I think I'll be scared to come up to you guys... Grumpy4 scares me (Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!! "We laugh WITH bullies, then laugh AT everyone else" eeekkkk!! that's scary!! ).... and besides, you guys won't understand this Aussie accent
    NO NO NO we LOVE Aussie accents!! They SO TOTALLY ROCK!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    NO NO NO we LOVE Aussie accents!! They SO TOTALLY ROCK!!
    I'll have two Aussie talking kids, too!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Circle of Ancients

That MiceChat b-day meet day was just INSANE. Luckily we had already met SunnyGirl and Anders on NYE so it wasn't too bad. Also we have known Darkbeer for probably 5 or 6 years now, so that wasn't a big deal.

But yeah, sometimes the meets seem like a big social club, you just have to get in there and make yourself socialble.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That MiceChat b-day meet day was just INSANE. Luckily we had already met SunnyGirl and Anders on NYE so it wasn't too bad. Also we have known Darkbeer for probably 5 or 6 years now, so that wasn't a big deal.

But yeah, sometimes the meets seem like a big social club, you just have to get in there and make yourself socialble.
    The birthday meet in January was my first meeting...really crazy, but a little different because we had events starting at like 8-30 in the morning and going all day, with the big group at noon in the hub.

I'm not always the most outgoing person, but I just went up to people that I figured were part of the group, and to my surprise none of them recoiled in horror.

In any event, I've actually only been to three official Sunday meets, but they've always been a lot of fun.

And I hope to see you one day, barfrownz!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post

Hey!! How come I got singled out? I'm not the only bully on MiceChat! I'm harmless. No need to be askeeeerd. I promise!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    Hey!! How come I got singled out? I'm not the only bully on MiceChat! I'm harmless. No need to be askeeeerd. I promise!
    LIES!!! LIES I TELL YOU!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Then you go to lunch and hang out for a while, or maybe all day, then you go to another meet, see more new people and then BAM you are suddenly a Micechat celebrity!
    awe, so I leave to soon...LOL...I get restless waiting at the hub...but I try to stop by and at least say hello...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast