Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

VERY annoying CM on the DLRR Saturday

Grumpy4, Brian and I were riding the train around Saturday evening and we had I swear what amounted to the most annoying cast member EVER!

Her voice was SO SHRILL! I mean, she was annoyingly loud. And at the Tommorowland station she repeated “No flash pictures” I am not joking about 20 times. Everyone around us was irritated by this girl. Had it not been 11:30pm and being utterly exhausted I probably would have reported her to City Hall, and I have never EVER reported anyone to City Hall.

Has anyone else experienced this CM on the train? I never saw her either since we were up front and she was in the back. But I tell ya, if you haven’t experienced her yet and you ride the train and she starts yammering on, you'll know her from her voice, so plug your ears for her dulcet tones may burst an eardrum!

• Closed Account

Re: VERY annoying CM on the DLRR Saturday

Our train person simply said, "No flash photography of the animals please! They are already dead!" This was throught the Grand Canyon!

• up to no good

When they hire CM's they should have them do a test speech over PA's
    to make sure that there voices sound okay.

I know it sounds corny but this will illminate the possibilty of them getting
    strangled cause they trying to be cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_Disney View Post
    When they hire CM's they should have them do a test speech over PA's
    to make sure that there voices sound okay.

I know it sounds corny but this will illminate the possibilty of them getting
    strangled cause they trying to be cute.

She was seriously trying to be cute which was totally backfiring. Its like they took a Storybookland CM, put her in a black and white costume, plopped her in the back of the train and handed her the PA mic and spiel

• Again! Again! Again!

OY!! She was awful! Not only was her voice incredibly piercing, it was like she was yelling. Piercing AND loud! My ears are still ringing!

Not only did she No Flash Photography 20 times, she proceeded to ruin the Spanish language by trying to say it a few times in Spanish.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• insufferable know-it-all

Sounds like a tram CM we had the other day, only she wasn't even attempting to sound nice when she said, "There will be NO eating or drinking, and absolutely no standing.....(etc)". It was like, dang, what the heck ever happened to "please refrain from (blank)?" Courtesy is gone from DL these days. Some of the new cast are downright surly (I would be too, for what they pay).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Happy Memories

Some people just don't need amplification for their voices. I hate the way most people use the PA system here at school. I just want to get on right after them and announce that "you do not need to yell, scream, hollar or otherwise raise your voice when speaking into the PA. It will amplify your voice for you, and you will be much easier to understand if you simply speak calmly and clearly." I don't think it would in cick in most of their brains though.

I think she was working Friday, too. "Talked" (shrieked) right over the recorded spiel, so loud and piercing that she was almost impossible to understand. Her intonation was more artificial and robotic-sounding than the recording! My wife (who is normally very forgiving) even commented about how she "killed the magic" of the ride...

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Shrinker View Post
    I think she was working Friday, too. "Talked" (shrieked) right over the recorded spiel, so loud and piercing that she was almost impossible to understand. Her intonation was more artificial and robotic-sounding than the recording! My wife (who is normally very forgiving) even commented about how she "killed the magic" of the ride...

Yep, that was her. She screeched over the recording for us too. I like that "killed the magic" quote, 'cause that rang true for us as well.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

yea i had someone like her on saturday when i boarded in tomorrowland, thank god I can tune people out when i am organizing my trading pins and the ones i am keeping. I think i might have been on the same train because of what I remember she kept repeating everything. Then when we got to NOS and had only been there at most 30 seconds she started saying everybody off as fast as you can we have to go over and over, and they hadn't even opened the gate to let new people on. So i decided to ruin her day and got off the train and walked to Toontown.

• Again! Again! Again!

Killed the magic? More like killed my eardrums!

Kronos, I can tune people out too, but this one was truly impossible!
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    Killed the magic? More like killed my eardrums!

Kronos, I can tune people out too, but this one was truly impossible!
    O yeah I know, I think I had her on Saturday her voice was the reason i walked from NOS to Toontown, I absolutely could not take it!

• Again! Again! Again!

We would have too, but we were on a trip all the way around. Last ride of the day. And all the train stations were full. To get off and wait for another would have been too long. But I'm with ya!
    I bring the magic!!!

• Ex Dept 915 CM

When I worked on the DLRR, I let the recorded spiel do it's job. The person on the spiel is a professional announcer. If Disney wanted the CMs to spiel, they wouldn't have the recorded one. The microphone is there for safety. The CM should chill out and not ruin everyone's trip. I don't know why she feels she must speak over the recorded spiel.

In fairness, a lot of the recorded spiels completely ignore the most basic information that needs to be passed along. Such as sitting children on the side away from the door in the various dark rides... and guess what hangup in loading eats away the most capacity?

I'd find it annoying though if someone doesn't understand the sort of voice tone meant for a microphone, and that cutesy really is not the best way to speak from a pleasure and theming standpoint. It's probably a really awful microphone too, like most are in such places.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast