• It's all nonsense

What month to go to DL?

Hi All,
    I want to plan a trip to the land in either october or early november. Just wanted to ask all the frequents what month is usually slower? unfortunately we'd have to go on a weekend so i know it'll never be that slow on a weekend, i just don't want it to be crazy. Thanks for any help!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

the first few weeks/weekends of october tend to be the slowest.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    the first few weeks/weekends of october tend to be the slowest.
    Which is also useally a good time, due to the fact that many attractions are not down, because of the roll off from the Summer season.
    -Monorail Man

It is a good time is late August. The park hours are good to. And less crouded.

• I won't grow up!

Very cool

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrodryan
    It is a good time is late August. The park hours are good to. And less crouded.
    That is good to know as thats when I will be going! (to excited lol)

Do you know what the hours normally are for that time? Or if Fantasmic! Will be playing?

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Minion

fantasmic should still be going on in august. i would not recommend going towards the end of august because that is around labor day weekend and we are usually busy around there. during the summer we stay open til 12am like every single nite. the best time to go to the park is like right now and up to april. it is pretty slow and you can walk on like all the rides. also the best time is during the week cuz the weekends are much busier. but the beginning of october shouldnt be too bad. if you get there when the park first opens on a weekend and ride on the rides that you want to do, then you shouldnt have a problem.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• I hate Mondays

We went twice this year- once in April, and again in early November. The April trip coincided with spring break, and it was a flipping zoo. The November trip was so much better! We went from November 4-8th, and they put up the holiday decorations on the 5th. Nearly every ride was going, they had the holiday fireworks and extended hours, and the holiday overlays were done on HM and IASW. The crowds were minimal on the weekdays, and the weekend wasn't bad either. We walked on nearly every ride that we wanted, and only used FP a couple of times. From now on, that's when we go.

This year, I'd also check the special events schedule. With the 50th events, there might be things that will affect attendence. This definitely should be one of those unique years crowdwise.

• I won't grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    fantasmic should still be going on in august. i would not recommend going towards the end of august because that is around labor day weekend and we are usually busy around there. during the summer we stay open til 12am like every single nite. the best time to go to the park is like right now and up to april. it is pretty slow and you can walk on like all the rides. also the best time is during the week cuz the weekends are much busier. but the beginning of october shouldnt be too bad. if you get there when the park first opens on a weekend and ride on the rides that you want to do, then you shouldnt have a problem.
    Thanks for letting me know! I am so worried - we are going August 23-28th and my husband has never been. I wish I could choose a better time lol. But thats the time his work let him have off - so thats when we get to go lol

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Man O Lantern

We've been three times in Octobers past....usually mid-October. Some schools are out for Columbus Day, so that weekend is unusually busy as it's a three-day (our schools are not, but we've been there that weekend and it was pretty hectic). October is our favorite time to go......moderate weather, not a lot of closures, not a lot of people.

Make sure when you schedule that you are there after the Haunted Mansion is decorated for HMH.....we know some people who went the week it was closed for the overhaul and they were really sad.

The only week I've seen it really really crowded in early-mid October was the year that the World Series was in Anaheim. Oh my gosh. Worst crowding I've ever seen!!!

I would go middle september, becuase school then started, and all the touritst are gone. And hopefully Space Mountian would be open then, so you dont have to wait in long lines!

I would consider mid November. This past year they started putting up some Christmas decorations a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. This way you can get a little bit of the Christmas spirit.