Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Up is Down

Re: The Gum wall of Indy!

I think the thing with the gum for most people is a monkey see monkey do type of thing. People see that others have put gum in some place and then they think bah no one will notice.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• a wind to shake the stars

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I must be lucky, I've seen the dreaded "Wall of Gum" in every park I've ever been to, except for Disneyland.

People should be expelled from the park if they are seen doing this...
    I agree, I've never seen an excess of gum in any one place at Disneyland.

• I'm not really here

Only place I've ever seen an abundance of gum constantly in Disneyland is the Matterhorn tunnel entrances. Guess I've just been lucky on Indy, but I wouldn't doubt it's presence all over. It's all these teenagers today thinking they can do what they want, when they want, where they want. Well, not all teenagers, but a very vocal, very unmannered group of them. There are a lot of them out there who are really great and respectful, but some, just don't care and it's really sad. Gives the rest a bad name.

There really needs to be some kind of active punishment for this kind of behavior. It is private property, then would be perfectly within their rights to require that anyone sticking gum to a surface be made to clean up ALL the gum on that surface. Litering is illegal, is it not, in the state of CA?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
    *sigh* i know right? Yuck people are sick! I look at disneyland liek my home away from home (as i knwo many of you do to) Now would you put gum on your wall at home?!...
    Sadly, I wouldn't put it past some people...

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    It's amazing what disrespect some people have. In a recent ride on Indiana Jones I was shocked to see a whole wall full of dry gum in the line!
    It's things like this that made Singapore ban chewing gum entirely, although the law had been relaxed somewhat.

• Funnier than you.

Although I agree that people can be disgusting and it shouldn't be tolerated, but this really falls on Disney. It's their responsibilty to clean up after their guests, no matter how rude and disgusting they are.
    That Guy!

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Mitchell View Post
    Although I agree that people can be disgusting and it shouldn't be tolerated, but this really falls on Disney. It's their responsibilty to clean up after their guests, no matter how rude and disgusting they are.
    does this means that the public doesn't have to have a sense of social responsibility?

I think if you can't chew gum responsibly - you shouldn't have gum priviledges (sp?)

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ~xxBooxx~
    But I to be honest, i have done the thing at the resturant where you put the gum under the table?! and i did the whole gum under the desk at school! we are all guilty of it. But never at DL!
    Um no, not every one. I have never or will never dispose of my gum by sticking it on a wall or on the underside of a piece of furniture. It's just disgusting. Just shows that one idiot decides to put their gum on the walls on a ride at Disneyland and it leads to other idiots to do the same. What the hell is wrong with people? This is such a disgusting habit to do. There are sooooo many trash cans in Disneyland, people can't wait what...another 5 feet before doing something gross? It's insane to see people do this at Disneyland or anywhere else in public...to think how they treat their home.

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    does this means that the public doesn't have to have a sense of social responsibility?

I think if you can't chew gum responsibly - you shouldn't have gum priviledges (sp?)
    How do you suggest that we enforce these gum privleges? Search all guests for packs of Juicyfruit? For as long as Disneyland has been in exsistence there have been people who litter and have disregard for Disney property. I don't find that behavior acceptable. If a cast member sees that behavior they can choose to deal with it according to company policy. But we can't have CMs lurking in all the dark parts of the Indy looking for people sticking gum to the walls. But we can have a person walk the attraction each night and report excessive amounts of trash and waste, and have it removed.
    Although the problem starts with rude guests, it is, in the end Disneyland's problem to fix.
    That Guy!

CORY!!!! Now I can't get the image of CMs lurking in Indy's 'dark parts' out of my mind!!

• Minion

Look at this picture of the bat cave part of the queue in Indy. Disgusting.

~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• I'm not really here

Who raises their kids to be that kind of a person!? What parent lets their kids get away with throwing trash around without disciplining them so when a teenager or adult they think it's ok!?

My parents made me pick up every bit of trash I ever just "dropped". By the time I was 10 I didn't do it anymore and I didn't even "rebel" as a teenager. It was just a part of me by then to throw my garbage away, or hold on to it until I could.

I blame parents on this one, more than the kids. Though kids should know better themselves (maybe that's parents fault also).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I found a website that says "Gum is not, and never has been, sold inside Disneyland. Any gum found on the ground is scraped up immediately. Walt didn't want his guests to have to pick gum off their shoes every ten minutes, as was (and is) common at other amusement parks. Alcohol is also not available in any public area of the park."

I had heard that before though.
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

• Santa Barbara, CA

Especially when there are so many starving people in this world that would love to have their own gumwall. We are so wasteful.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Ok was that TRASH in the bat cave at Indy!? GRR! That really just sends me over! I can't believe people!

Question: Is the pole officially not nor never will be working?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast