Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Reject no more!

RockIt returns...

Much buzz was given to the mysterious nighttime overlay 'RockIt Mountain' last spring. When the ride was previewed during Grad Nite in May it seemed that this was much ado about nothing.

Now that we know the RockIt overlay was nothing but some disco lights and random rock music, why has Disney included this as a 'new ride' in the Million Dreams press release? Please tell me they are re-working this before it opens as a 'new ride'.

http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewPressRele...leaseID=104028

Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Banned User

Re: RockIt returns...

Its called Rockin' Mountain now, so you know. Rockit mountain was the beta version of soon to be Rockin mountain and the horrible soundtrack of rockit mountain will be gone and rockin mountain will have it owns soundtrack.

• Reject no more!

I remember many photos of the RockIt sign, are they changing it to now say Rockin at night when it switches over?

Are they working on updated the effects that were originally cut to rush the opening of Space Mt?

Where's an Al article when you need it...
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Its called Rockin' Mountain now, so you know. Rockit mountain was the beta version of soon to be Rockin mountain and the horrible soundtrack of rockit mountain will be gone and rockin mountain will have it owns soundtrack.
    I'm going to assume it will still be called "RockIt Mountain" the marquee is designed to say "RockIt" and I doubt Disney will spend money to redesign and re-install that sign just to change the name. The Press Release probably just has the name wrong for one reason or another...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 33 reject View Post

Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain is getting a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. (Spring 2007)

^^ Look What you posted. RockIN Mountain will be the full complete version of the Beta version RockIT Mountain which was for 06' Seniors.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

It will indeed be Rockin' not RockIt. As far as how great it will be, we will have to wait a few more months.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• The Twilight Zone

wait it wont stay that way for ever though right

• Reject no more!

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    ^^ Look What you posted. RockIN Mountain will be the full complete version of the Beta version RockIT Mountain which was for 06' Seniors.
    ^^^ Um, right. So are they going to change their fancy outside sign that is designed to say RockIt? It seems like an expensive re-do for one letter. Anyone from the inside heard anything??
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

One letter wont cost that much you guys, they take the T off, put an N up.. not that hard

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Shubisha

I think they just confused it and the people in charge of the press release had no real insight to the actual ride personally. They probably were thinking oh it's the rockin version of space mountain, and how wdw's is called rock'n'roller coaster, and it ended up rockin mountain in the release somehow. I can't imagine they'd change that sign now. Unless they just leave it off forever but that'd be sad.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

IT'S ONE LETTER TO CHANGE!!!! Goodness, you make it seem like it would take weeks to change it out, and millions to do it

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Reject no more!

The T is imbeded in the sign in LED lights. Someone wanna back me up on why it would be expensive to change the sign?? It seemed much more complicated than changing out a neon W on a Walmart sign.
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Shubisha

These letters on the sign aren't exactly normal lightbulbs they can just prop up a ladder and rearrange.

• Ooh boy!

Hm, I see Rockin' Space Mountain, not just Rockin.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast