As far as mechanical differences, the only one I know of is being able to pull the guns out of the sockets. But I'm not sure on that one. Can you take the guns out on the MK version or just aim them from where they are mounted?
Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter
The guns are better at DL because you can take them out and aim better. But also the targets are better in DL because they give you a variety. Over there everything's just a circle with a Z on it worth the same amount of points. In DL, you have 4 types of target each with various degrees of difficulty when you see it and they're worth different amount of points(leave hidden targets out of this).
[At WDW] everything's just a circle with a Z on it worth the same amount of points.
WDW does have different point values for certain targets, you just can't tell until you hit one... Also, at DL the gun and target both light up when you score some points, whereas there's no indicator at all at WDW.
Plus they have more actual animatronics at DL (an extra Zurg and an extra Buzz, I think...).
I love this ride even tho it gets criticized quite a bit... mainly due to where it is located I would imagine.
I definitely prefer the DLR Buzz attraction better.
- I like being able to aim the guns free from the mount they have at WDW.
- I like the light and sound effects you get when you hit a target successfully.
- The DLR version has 2 cool Zurg animatronics.
- I am not a fan of the video game tunnel at WDW.
- I like not needing to spin the vehicle and readjust aim accordingly.
- The DLR has an animatronic Buzz at the end to who helps fight the battle along with you.
- The queue is way better at WDW
- The large room with the volcano is much bigger in WDW which is way better.
Add the cool stuff from WDW to the DLR version and you have the perfect Buzz ride.
If at first you don't succeed... skydiving isn't for you!
My family preferred Buzz at DL especially for the guns. It's very difficult to get a decent score when you can't freely aim and shoot.
Men in Black at Universal Florida is better than both of them though!