• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Video in Disneyland: The First 50 Years

A few days ago, I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at the fantastic video slated to be shown every 20 minutes in the Walt Disney Story for the 50th! I can happily report that the "show," hosted by Steve Martin is both heart warming and funny...an excellent addition to the offerings for the 50th. The picture quality itself is a wonder as well, being projected by a DLP high-deffinition system, the image is absolutely flawless (AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS...I was shocked!). The video clips of opening day (in color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) were very nice (but short), and the scripting is charming. I dont want to give away too much, but I can tell you that the show is co-hosted by a CG Donald Duck (looks animated though) who, as usual, is spending most of his time trying to steal the show from Steve...but he learns in the end that just because he's not the star doesnt mean he isnt important do the history of disneyland. I KNOW adults and children will love this little video, and I know I won't have a problem seeing it over and over again once it debuts in just 4 short days. Questions? Just ask!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    My list of "must see's" is getting longer and longer. This sounds like it is defintely something that everyone visiting for the anniversary should see.