Thread: Single rider

• The Purifier

Single rider

I know that there must be threads about this subject but I could not find them. I am going to DLR this weekend with my boyfriend. Hel likes to go on the 'big' rides like Splash and Space but I don't. Can he do the single rider thing? How does it worK?
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Single rider

Quote Originally Posted by caamora View Post
    I know that there must be threads about this subject but I could not find them. I am going to DLR this weekend with my boyfriend. Hel likes to go on the 'big' rides like Splash and Space but I don't. Can he do the single rider thing? How does it worK?
    Splash Mountain is the only one with Single Rider at DL. At DCA theres Soarin, California Screamin, Grizzly River Run, and Maliboomer.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Premium Youngling and

You just get a pass from a CM at the entrance of the ride and you go through the exit. I dont know which rides do it except for Cali. Screamin and Splash.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    You just get a pass from a CM at the entrance of the ride and you go through the exit. I dont know which rides do it except for Cali. Screamin and Splash.
    Actually, when I did Splash Single Rider on the 17th they didn't give out any passes. I just walked in the exit and told the CMs there that we were waiting for Single Rider.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief117 View Post
    Splash Mountain is the only one with Single Rider at DL. At DCA theres Soarin, California Screamin, Grizzly River Run, and Maliboomer.

He's Right. Splash is the only single riders line at Disneyland.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Splash might be the only 'single rider', but I definitely noticed an advantage to doing some of the bigger rides by myself.

On a crowded Saturday morning, I got through a seemingly lengthy Space Mountain queue rather swiftly because my girlfriend refused to do any more thrill rides (Tower of Terror/Sun Wheel almost scared her off for life).

Also, I'm not sure if you are a "been there, don't like that" person, or simply are apprehensive about riding the big ones, but unless you have already done so, I always advise to at least give some of 'tamer' coasters (BTMRR, for example) a go. If you are like my gal, you may discover a love for some of the smaller 'thrills'. We were both apprehensive about Matterhorn, for example, but the reality was far tamer than the fear.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Neep meep beep

Splash is the fastest single rider line you'll find. It's great.

• Basking in birthday love

They usually use the passes, but when they're running out (or if their stock of passes hasn't made it back from grouper to greeter) they'll just send you on without. Make sure you ask first, though, because if they're not out of passes, they probably won't let you on if you don't have one.

• The Purifier

Thanks so much for the advice! My boyfriend likes Splash but it is too much for me. I used to be able to go on these rides all the time but as I have gotten older, I just don't seem to do well on them. Thunder Mountain is the only one I seem to still get a kick out of.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
    -Walt Disney