Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I guess that's almost like saying," I'm sorry for being so mean in my last post, will you forgive me Darkbeer?
    No that is not.

The issue here is every opportunity given some of these Disney fanatics take it to poke away at DCA. I've visited 50+ major theme parks in the US. I've worked in three and I can say for a FACT that DCA is one of the best theme park in the United States. Now, that may not correspond with everyone's opinion and I can respect that, but I don't see where it is productive to constantly poke away at what you hate. I really dislike Six Flags Magic Mountain, but I don't make it a point to constantly insult the park.

Also, it seems to me that many here feel like DCA is a failure for Disney. I see it as quite the opposite. Like many company's have done in the past they overprojected the expected operating figures for the park. So it did not meet the 7.5 million estimated attendance, but is it a failure? Is Disney loosing their shirt on this park? Also, does offerring a locals discount during the off-season really accurately indicate that the park is failing?

I honestly don't expect Disneyland fanatics to like DCA, but also I wouldn't expect them to like Epcot, Disney/MGM or Animal Kingdom either. My problem is the Disneyland fanatics who hate DCA have never clearly told what they wanted or expected. Honestly, I can infer that they wanted Disneyland 2, but that is just stupid thinking since it would only deplete the original. Some cry for Westcot, but if you hate DCA, then you'd probably hate Westcot more. It was a dumbed down EPCOT and EPCOT is IMO one of the worst Disney parks.

I personally have found DCA to be a wonderful park and basically a best-of collection of the three other parks in Florida. Also, in comparison to other theme parks it is one of the best in the US and its ranks in the top 10 US theme parks for attendance.

it's not a big deal either way

DCA doesn't really have a full day for the average californian and I'm not entirely sure it has a full day for someone like me

but they are slowly getting there with every addition

they've got a few decent rides so yeah

honestly we're still basicaly in the off season visitation is bound to be low now

so they're doing promotions that work well at getting people through the gates

I'm sure that this promotion has an effect on Disneyland attendance as well

it's a nice shot in the arm before tourist season starts and they pack up all the special offers

DCA looks to do a bit better in rank with the upcoming additions but I do hope for that next Eticket to really expand the place more

anywho I wonder how DCA's done on the day DL's closed will people settle on visiting DCA or will they just drive back home

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    No that is not.

The issue here is every opportunity given some of these Disney fanatics take it to poke away at DCA. I've visited 50+ major theme parks in the US. I've worked in three and I can say for a FACT that DCA is one of the best theme park in the United States. Now, that may not correspond with everyone's opinion and I can respect that, but I don't see where it is productive to constantly poke away at what you hate. I really dislike Six Flags Magic Mountain, but I don't make it a point to constantly insult the park.

Also, it seems to me that many here feel like DCA is a failure for Disney. I see it as quite the opposite. Like many company's have done in the past they overprojected the expected operating figures for the park. So it did not meet the 7.5 million estimated attendance, but is it a failure? Is Disney loosing their shirt on this park? Also, does offerring a locals discount during the off-season really accurately indicate that the park is failing?

I honestly don't expect Disneyland fanatics to like DCA, but also I wouldn't expect them to like Epcot, Disney/MGM or Animal Kingdom either. My problem is the Disneyland fanatics who hate DCA have never clearly told what they wanted or expected. Honestly, I can infer that they wanted Disneyland 2, but that is just stupid thinking since it would only deplete the original. Some cry for Westcot, but if you hate DCA, then you'd probably hate Westcot more. It was a dumbed down EPCOT and EPCOT is IMO one of the worst Disney parks.

I personally have found DCA to be a wonderful park and basically a best-of collection of the three other parks in Florida. Also, in comparison to other theme parks it is one of the best in the US and its ranks in the top 10 US theme parks for attendance.
    You are side-stepping the issue here. YOU went on the attack with your opening statement,
    You can easily turn that around your falicious claim and say "buy a day at DCA and get into Disneyland for free." You can also say you get into each park for half-price. Why don't you and the rest of the DCA haters at least tell the story like it is. Oh, but if you did then you wouldn't be able to bash the park every moment you get.
    You can read the entire thread,NOBODY WAS BASHING THE PARK!!
    You do owe Darkbeer an apology. He did nothing to bait you. He simply stated that the attendance was low enough to walk onto every ride.
    I realize and respect that you admire DCA, but you have a very short fuse when anybody mentions DCA in an unflattering way. If you're going to go on the attack, why don't you wait until it's justified?

• Sock Puppet

that was one big rat!!!!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    We went to DCA for a few hours today and it wasn't terribly crowded at all! We got on TOT in less than 10 minutes, same with Soarin and CA Screaming. It was awesome! The biggest crowd we saw was during the Block Party Bash, which was really cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12