Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

What a HUGE difference a week makes - DCA slow on Sunday, May 1st

While DM and I spent most of the day at Disneyland, headed over to DCA around 4:30 PM, and almost everthing was a walk-on, or close to it.

Heck, when we went to ToT shortly after 6 PM (park closed at 9 PM), and they had the FASTPASS line closed, and sending everyone thru stand by. But no worries, since there was no wait, heck some elevators were going up only partially full.

I have photos of no line in the upstairs queue, and some of the partial elevators...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/511861

DCA stuff starts around photo 260...

Amazing, last weekend, they set up extended queues due to the crowds using up the last weekend of the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for free" tickets...

This weekend, it was back to the AP lounge.

Heck, in the Hollywood Backlot area, a character came up to us and interacted (nobody else was around, and I guess they were looking for something to do.)... By the way, Max and his friend did a great job... just weird that they came to us, since nobody was around...

Quote Originally Posted by Deogge's Mom

We had fastpasses for Screamin', but didn't need to use them. The wait was less than 10 mintues. There was no wait for ToT, we walked right on. As Darkbeer states above there were cars that were half empty and no one was in line. We walked into the Amimation Building and there were maybe four or five other people in there.

Max came to us to interact and actually danced with me for two to three minutes (he really is a good dancer, Darkbeer could take some lessons from him.) while his friend tried to convince Darkbeer that we needed to see Aladdin and ride ToT.

There were people in the park, but it was nowhere near as bad as last weekend. Last weekend Soarin' had a wait time of over an hour and half. This afternoon the wait time was less than thirty minutes.

Yes, we did stop my the Cove Bar for a short time, but even the staff there was remarking on how quiet it was this weekend. In fact when we walked into the Cove Bar, there was nobody at the bar and only two tables had people at them.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• CM for 4 years!

I practically walked on ToT at 1:30 pm yesterday. It was a 20 minute wait. That's insane. What, were there 8000 people in the park??

I also think numbers are especially low because people are wanting to go to the park on May 5 and after that... Even in DL there couldn't have been much more than 25000 people.

• For old time sake

We walked onto TOT as well. I've never seen that before. We also pretty much walked onto Maliboomer!!!! Even the Animation bldg was fairly dead....Ursula's grotto was completley empty. I still chickened out and did not act out the scenes or sing.....LOL
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    last weekend of the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for free" tickets....
    That is not how it is advertised. It is not advertised buy a day at Disneyland, get into DCA for free. It is 2 parks for the price of one. You can easily turn that around your falicious claim and say "buy a day at DCA and get into Disneyland for free." You can also say you get into each park for half-price. Why don't you and the rest of the DCA haters at least tell the story like it is. Oh, but if you did then you wouldn't be able to bash the park every moment you get.

The fact is it is a 2-for-1 park promotion. There is no INDICATION, or PROMOTIONAL STATEMENT that specifically says that one park or the other is FREE.

Personally, I prefer DCA over Disneyland and I know others that share that feeling.

Of course, we could just remove DCA and return the area to a parking lot. Would that make you happy?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    The fact is it is a 2-for-1 park promotion. There is no INDICATION, or PROMOTIONAL STATEMENT that specifically says that one park or the other is FREE.
    EXCUSE ME!!!!!

I am using the wording that was featured on TV and Radio ads, Billboards, and the tickets THEMSELVES!!!!

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...13684204/Large

To quote the ticket ...

Quote Originally Posted by Official Disney ticket

Visit Disneyland Park on 1 day and Disney's California Adventure Park on another day for FREE!
    Note, the use of "FREE" in all caps, and the exclaimation point was straight from Disney.

And here is a link to the commercial that was running the last couple of months in the SoCal area...

http://www.mouseinfo.com/video/com/dlcomm022005.rm

Once again, here is Disney claiming that you pay for Disneyland, and get DCA for FREE!
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 05-02-2005 at 10:05 AM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    EXCUSE ME!!!!!
    You proved me wrong.

The advertising went right over my head.

• Banned User

Great photos like usuakl.... you forgot to point out next to the limo vehicles was a porta potty..... Seems like a good location for one right???

• Still wants to be a cat!

Heck Disneyland was that crowded either......5 minutes for Indy! Loved it! Got on all sorts of rides and were only there about 6 hours (including the meet and lunch of course)!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Minion

I enjoyed the breather...but here comes Mother's Day!

• Minion

Disneyland was slow also on Sunday. The paths where crowded, but I only saw 10-20 min waits on every ride all day with the exception of SM. It was interesting to see so many people, but so short lines. I dont know weather it was tired 2 day pass holders, or the park was crammed with AP's, but something was going on. Nobody was waiting in line....

This is in stark contrast to the park just a few years ago. Indy never had less then 45min wait. Nobody would be out enjoying the park, but would be standing in line.

Its my "therie" that things have changed with not only the park, but the people who visit it. It was all about the rides 2-3 years ago since there was not much of anything else of interest in the park. Now they have bands all over, flowers, talking trash cans and simply just a lot of stuff to do OTHER then standing in lines. I dont think Fastpass had anything to do with what I experanced Sunday since the ONLY Fastpass I saw was SM, but even 65 mins for SM on a hot day was NOTHING compaired to the 2 hour lines 2-3 years ago.

Im going off on a tangent. I just observed something differant, and I am trying to figure out what caused this. I like it!

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbage
    Disneyland was slow also on Sunday. The paths where crowded, but I only saw 10-20 min waits on every ride all day with the exception of SM. It was interesting to see so many people, but so short lines. I dont know weather it was tired 2 day pass holders, or the park was crammed with AP's, but something was going on. Nobody was waiting in line....

This is in stark contrast to the park just a few years ago. Indy never had less then 45min wait. Nobody would be out enjoying the park, but would be standing in line.

Its my "therie" that things have changed with not only the park, but the people who visit it. It was all about the rides 2-3 years ago since there was not much of anything else of interest in the park. Now they have bands all over, flowers, talking trash cans and simply just a lot of stuff to do OTHER then standing in lines. I dont think Fastpass had anything to do with what I experanced Sunday since the ONLY Fastpass I saw was SM, but even 65 mins for SM on a hot day was NOTHING compaired to the 2 hour lines 2-3 years ago.

Im going off on a tangent. I just observed something differant, and I am trying to figure out what caused this. I like it!
    I only waited 35 minutes for SM!!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Great pictures, the facade is turning up on Monster Inc

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I only waited 35 minutes for SM!!
    Same, once it got dark!!!! Then waking became a lot more.... Interesting...

• Gumball Rally Godfather

That is not how it is advertised. It is not advertised buy a day at Disneyland, get into DCA for free. It is 2 parks for the price of one. You can easily turn that around your falicious claim and say "buy a day at DCA and get into Disneyland for free." You can also say you get into each park for half-price. Why don't you and the rest of the DCA haters at least tell the story like it is. Oh, but if you did then you wouldn't be able to bash the park every moment you get.

Personally, I prefer DCA over Disneyland and I know others that share that feeling.

Of course, we could just remove DCA and return the area to a parking lot. Would that make you happy?
    Dude, where is the hostility coming from? :confused:

• Gumball Rally Godfather

You proved me wrong.

The advertising went right over my head.
    I guess that's almost like saying," I'm sorry for being so mean in my last post, will you forgive me Darkbeer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast