• Best Buds

So many CDs, so much confusion

Maybe it's just me (probably), but I'm getting very confused about all the Disneyland 50th Celebration CDs that are available.

Obviously I know about the big 6-CD set that just came out, but there's also a 2 disc set (Disneyland Official Album: Happiest Homecoming on Earth), as well as a 1 disc set (Disney's Happiest Celebration on Earth). And there may be others, too.

Has anyone figured out which CDs one would need to purchase in order to get all the audio goodness with a minimum of duplication?
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Head Salesman

The 2 disc set has everything that the 1 disc set has, plus more. I'd say go for the 6 disc set. It's a little pricy, but it has stuff that you can't get anywhere else. I should also note that the 6 disc set contains strictly Disneyland audio, unlike the 2 disc set (Disneyland & DCA), and it does not have the Leeann Rimes song. I have yet to see a track listing for the 1 disc album.

Read this excellent MouseInfo.com interview with Randy Thornton, senior producer of Walt Disney Records. There's a lot of info there.
    Last edited by Trader Sam; 05-02-2005 at 08:05 AM.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Best Buds

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    Read this excellent MouseInfo.com interview with Randy Thornton, senior producer of Walt Disney Records. There's a lot of info there.
    Just checked it out. It seems like the 2 disc set is more of a music-only set (no audio effects, etc.) And, as you mentioned, it has the LeAnn Rimes song.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

• For old time sake

As of last night the 2-disc CD set was sold out in all of Disneyland!!! Of course they are getting more today, but those, because of the price ($24.98) will likely fly off the shelves!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Head Salesman

Wow! I hope they put the Leean Rimes song on the single CD. I was disappointed that it wasn't included with the 6 disc set.

I'd buy the 2 disc set if I must to get that song, but I'd prefer not to spend so much money just a acquire it (not to mention the repitition of having the other tracks). Although, I don't have any of the DCA music, so it just might be worth it.

I really wish I knew what the track listing is for the single CD. Don't those go on sale tomorrow?

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Amazon.com has a listing for the 1-disc one up here.

Randy Thornton mentioned on the magicmusic.net boards that the one-disc contains the same material as the 2-disc, just cut in half, so there should be no need to buy both.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Head Salesman

Hmmm. I really only cared about the LeAnn Rimes song, but for a few extra bucks, I may as well buy the 2 disc set and get all of the DCA tracks that I don't have.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    As of last night the 2-disc CD set was sold out in all of Disneyland!!! Of course they are getting more today, but those, because of the price ($24.98) will likely fly off the shelves!!!
    Close, but no. The Newstand, of all places, still had plenty after close on the night of 5/1/05.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Isnt there a new Disneyland Dvd coming out too.. is it this may5th or around july17th?
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• 'member?

AFAIK, there are actually 2 different 2-disc sets. The Disneyland one we've all been talking about here, and a WDW one that is only available at that park (and through wdw mail order, natch).

The Disneyland dvd is one of four titles that are scheduled to be released in July that "tie-in" with Disneyland's 50th. The other three are Vintage Mickey, and two different "best of" Mouseketeers titles, one of the originals, and one of the Britney-Justin-Christina era.

• Best Buds

Quote Originally Posted by mousepod
    AFAIK, there are actually 2 different 2-disc sets. The Disneyland one we've all been talking about here, and a WDW one that is only available at that park (and through wdw mail order, natch).

The Disneyland dvd is one of four titles that are scheduled to be released in July that "tie-in" with Disneyland's 50th. The other three are Vintage Mickey, and two different "best of" Mouseketeers titles, one of the originals, and one of the Britney-Justin-Christina era.
    Sounds like an ideal topic for MousePod, Jesse. (Hint. Hint.)

I've gotten a chance to download all the pods (except issue 1 which seems to be missing) and have am up to #7. Enjoying them a lot.
    ------------------

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

If you can get it, I recommend the 6-disc retrospective of Disneyland music. This arrived in my mailbox today and i'm on Disc 4! I just can't shut the box set off! I fear at this rate, I might be listening to DL music until midnight!

But, you should pick up the 2-disc version in the park the next time you are there. I know on my trip the first weekend in June to WDW I'll be picking up its 2-disc version of WDW's THE HAPPIEST CELEBRATION ON EARTH!!!! I only hope that the 2-disc Disneyland version is available there as well.

This box set has more than exceeded my expectation on anything than I've read about it. It's really wonderful (that's an understatement) and I really feel like it is an immersive experience of Disneyland, past and present, unlike any other. In fact, I now really really really want to go to Disneyland next year for my big vacation instead of WDW just so I can experience the 50th Anniversary of this very special place!