Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Angry Year of A Million Dreams What Are They Thinking?

The recent Al Lutz column states this;
    Rasulo wants his "Where Dreams Come True" logo slapped on anything and everything at all North American parks
    Thats Just wrong! Were all doing the "Preserving the Magic Theme" During 50th and now we lose or famous saying "The Happiest Place on Earth"!

What Are They Thinking!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Year of A Million Dreams What Are They Thinking?

They're thinking it's an excuse to raise the prices on park entry.

• no flash photography...

"where dremas come true"??...serioulsy???.....my dreams cannot possibly come true at DL...LOL

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

You may be misunderstanding exactly what is planned for this new "Where Dreams Come True" slogan- it's going to be operating much like the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" slogan in that it will be representing all of the parks and is not absolutely permanent.

Typically the parks have always had some sort of slogan or another (remember "Where the Magic Began" or "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand" for the millenium campaign?) The slogan will last for the length of the marketing campaign and will be replaced by the next slogan for the next campaign. "The Happiest Place on Earth" is too widespread and marketable for Disneyland to ever kill it off intirely. Remember that this campaign is driven by the head of resorts as a whole and not Disneyland individually.

• Donald's #1 Fan

FACT: They aren't thinking. At all.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I think the main thing is the 50th is very hard to top and they probably saw that it was a great way to advertise the parks as one(that one being Disney Parks)plus the 50th being very successful maybe helped them think it up.

This new campain will probably take over with the banners and everything that the parks usually have ie. Main Street lamp post, main entry plaza light post,popcorn buckets, merchandise bags, window displays and in store displays and other areas that usually have banners/promotional decor during other promotions and maybe even something on the castle like we had for the 45th Anniversary.

I dont think this campain will do as good as the 50th but things will probably go back to the way it was before the 50th but it is nice to see they are going with a new campain although something for each resort would have been nicer or at least saying which resort to visit but this way it kind of leaves it up to you to decide what resort you want to visit.

Generlizing both resorts should never happen since each resort is completly different for each other.

Plus I want a free pin lanyard or maybe i want some free ears i dont know yet but its better than free churros at least you can take the lanyard or ears home with you and say you got them for free.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• now on the mainland

For you Coscto members, a warning; stay away from this month's Costco Travel magazine. There's a whole article about it, and even though its supposedly written by one of their columnists, it seriously looks like something Jay wrote himself.

Oh! At the bottom, there's a little slogan that now reads, "Disneyland: Where all your dreams come true."

• FastPass n00b

Jay Rasulo makes an insane amount of money. He doesn't have to think.

• I love my family!

There just trying to keep the 50th train rolling.

This campaign is about pulling at the heart strings, just like the "Come Home" campaign.

I don't think it's going to work anywhere near as well though. No matter what we're stuck with it.

This whole thing may turn out to be a nightmare for Mr Rasulo, anything on this grand of a scale should have been rolling as soon as the 50th started.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    There just trying to keep the 50th train rolling.
    Unfortunately, the train is heading for a cliff...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear View Post
    Unfortunately, the train is heading for a cliff...
    Bright side is maybe attendance will got down a bit

• Minion FOREVER!

Actually, it didn't sound too bad when the idea was announced, but it's
    the details that have (unfortunately) been pretty sad.

Unfortunately, Disney (nor any company) can afford to let things lie fallow
    after a gangbuster 50th. They had to do *something* and if one wasn't
    thinking, then one would be tempted to think that another global campaign
    would be successful BTW. If I remember correctly, they did manage to
    boost attendance at WDW w/ DL's 50th with the Happiest Homecoming...
    (hated those ads!!) although IMHO I think that was
    in *spite* of the campaign. (They think people are stupid?!?)

Anyway, so far, this campaign's details have been completely underwhelming.

• I'm not really here

In my opinion, DIsney doesn't have to market themselves quite so heavily. They are the unchallenged kins of amusement parks. No one can top them. Everyone knows about them. All Disney really has to do is keep being the best at what they do. They don't need gimmicks, they don't need crazy marketing schemes or give aways (beyond the reasonable). They just have to keep up Walt's tradition of unparalleled excellence and people will continue to flock. Of course, this means spending money, and often times lots of it, which is something that the head honchos seem to be against of late. So they funnel money that could be going to CM's and Park maint. into marketing. As a business, Disney actually CAN get away with doing things differently than other businesses can simply because of their name. Jay doesn't seem to understand this. Disney is different, and it thrives when it is being different. Stand out. Don't fit in.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    The recent Al Lutz column states this;

Thats Just wrong! Were all doing the "Preserving the Magic Theme" During 50th and now we lose or famous saying "The Happiest Place on Earth"!

What Are They Thinking!

Keep "The Happiest Place On Earth" or i'll be mad!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Keep "The Happiest Place On Earth" or i'll be mad!
    Even the 50th kept that in there. "Happiest Homecomming on Earth". They kept to the original, but modified it slightly to account for the 50th. I think it worked great.

Though I think they need to get their cast members happy before they try to have a huge promotion again. First things first. If they don't have happy CM's, there won't be anyone to hand out the lanyard to Bob and Susie on the bench beside the Fry cart at 4:31pm on Friday.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast