• Iron-Clad Allie

The Peoplemover Rides Again! ~~~A 1994 Video By Kevin Yee~~~

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/main.php?page=tlhistory

I discovered this little nugget at Visions Fantastic. The above link will hopefully work for you. If it doesn't, you will need to register for free at the sight (just type Visions Fantastic in your search engine bar and go there). Also, it requires Windows Media Player. The quality is so crisp and profesional that it is sponsored by Goodyear.

Hop aboard a Peoplemover (or Yeeplemover...hee hee) with Kevin Yee and travel back to the days of Captain EO and Mission To Mars. Experience the game grid as you pass thru the Tron Tunnel. Posse over the Autopia, and even catch a brief glimps of the Motorboat Cruise ride.

Other sites to enjoy from the PM's birds-eye view include the Submarine Voyage, It's A Small World, the Matterhorn, the Skyway, the Disneyland Plaza, and the Rocket Jets...in their elevated tower position where they belong. You will also mozy thru Circle Vision (now Buzz Lightyer's Astro Blasters). The theater housed American Journey's and Wonders of China at the time.

As far as I know, this is the only quality full version Peoplemover video available on the web, if not the world. Kevin was on the ride filming. You can't see him, but camera pans over to his friend, Randy, several times.. Big Kev has saved you a seat, so come aboard and enjoy. Awesome job, Kevin! You ROCK!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-03-2006 at 07:36 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: The Peoplemover Rides Again! ~~~A 1994 Video By Kevin Yee~~~

ah 1994 the twilight of the Tomorrowland

I fondly remember when Tomorrowland was choke full of kickass attractions like Captain Eo, mission to mars, sub voyage, etc. What a time it was to live.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Awsome! thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 08-31-2006 at 06:33 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This brings back memories.

• now on the mainland

I've had this little gem of video on my hardrive for about a year now. I still watch it with great joy in my heart. I miss you PM!

• Iron-Clad Allie

I have posted a new link in Post 1 which should work better than the last. Here is the link, once again -

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-01-2006 at 09:34 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Again, I encourage everyone to register at Visions Fantastic. What a terrific site this is!

There is nothing to disagree about that! It surely is the greatest fan site ever made for anything.

• Koubu Pilot

I discovered this little nugget at Visions Fantastic. The above link will hopefully work for you. If it doesn't, you will need to register for free at the sight (just type Visions Fantastic in your search engine bar and go there), and then join the Peoplemover. Also, it requires Windows Media Player. The quality is so crisp and profesional that it is sponsored by Goodyear.

Travel back to the days of Captain EO and Mission To Mars. Experience the game grid as you pass thru the Tron Tunnel. Posse over the Autopia, and even catch a brief glimps of the Motorboat Cruise ride.

Other sites to enjoy from the PM's birds-eye view include the Submarine Voyage, It's A Small World, the Matterhorn, the Skyway, the Disneyland Plaza, and the Rocket Jets...in their elevated tower position where they belong. You will also mozy thru Circle Vision (now Buzz Lightyer's Astro Blasters). The theater housed American Journey's and Wonders of China at the time.

As far as I know, this is the only quality full version Peoplemover video available on the web, if not the world. Kevin was on the ride during filming, and the camera pans over to him several times during the film. In fact, I think that I will nickname the ride, the Yeeplemover. Awesome job, Kev! You ROCK!

Again, I encourage everyone to register at Visions Fantastic. What a terrific site this is!
    Extinct Attractions Club (www.extinctattractionsclub.com) produced their own documentary on the attraction. It also covers Ford's Magic Skyway (inspiration for the PM) and Rocket Rods-the little cars that couldn't.

Very nice!

I never experienced this attraction at Disneyland, but it is one of my favorites at WDW for sure. It would be nice to see it return.
    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving isn't for you!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Extinct Attractions Club (www.extinctattractionsclub.com) produced their own documentary on the attraction. It also covers Ford's Magic Skyway (inspiration for the PM) and Rocket Rods-the little cars that couldn't.
    Thanks for turning us on to this info, Koutesu! The Peoplemover's history is fascinating. The previews are great! I plan to purchase some of the tapes later on...unless you do. Then, my friend Penguinsoda and I will borrow them.

• MiceAge Columnist

Kevin was on the ride during filming, and the camera pans over to him several times during the film.
    Oh that's not me. That's Randy. I'm behind the camera, taking the video (using a ginormous shoulder-mounted thing that was embarassingly out of date even in 1994)... but hey, I got to help preserve the ride for all eternity
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Oh that's not me. That's Randy. I'm behind the camera, taking the video (using a ginormous shoulder-mounted thing that was embarassingly out of date even in 1994)... but hey, I got to help preserve the ride for all eternity

Do you still have the original copy of the film on an 8mm tape?

You also filmed a Skyway to Tomorrowland video too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    FYI: I tried to check out the above website and it's been hacked! Yikes.

• Star Tours Fan

Does anyone have any pictures of the animatronic stormtrooper? It was visible from the Peoplemover and the Star Trader. Thanks

• The one, the only...

I was really impressed with how good Tomorrowland looked back then, before Disney management trashed it in 1998. The entrance looks so much more inviting. The movement and colors seem to make the land so much more exciting. The music on the video, the Peoplemover music, is so 1960's its funny. Also the Tron tunnel photographed better than it was in life. But I bet today, with the popularity of the video game, it might be more popular. People always say that no open ever rode the Peoplemover, but in the movie, we see plenty of people boarding it.

I do miss it. In 1998, I would have like them to upgrade it, but not to do away with it. You see so much that has gone now, the skyway, the Rockets, the Mission to Mars, the Submarines, and Circle-vision. I don't miss Captain EO because, Michael Jackson was fading back then, both in popularity and skin tone.

All in all is shows that the past was better than the present. It is sad that Disney is not being more aggressive at fixing the horrible mistakes of Innoventions, the ugly Astro Orbitor, the vacant Peoplemover, and the missing skyway. All of them made Tomorrowland THE land to be in.

But hey, today we have a talking trash can. There's progress for ya!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!