Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The 50th celebration now ends September 30th

In the two new Disneyland Press Releases from today (posted in the News Section), there was some solid info...

The Disneyland 50th anniversary concludes September 30. For the next month, the celebration’s incredible array of innovative new adventures and spectacular entertainment continues, with highlights including the newly enhanced “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Space Mountain” attractions, the “Remember … Dreams Come True” fireworks extravaganza and “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams.”

So the 50th will come to an end "Officially" before the "Year of a Million Dreams", but the Fireworks and the Parade will last at least thru October...

And the official confirmation about when the Christmas Parade will start...

The celebrations continue through the end of the year with the Disneyland Resort’s Christmas holiday transformation. The entire Resort lights up in honor of the holidays from November 10, 2006 through January 3, 2007, with special décor and an atmosphere that is pure Disney magic.

Disneyland park celebrates the Christmas season with an array of holiday shows, seasonal attractions and live entertainment. The park’s annual holiday parade, “A Christmas Fantasy,” is presented November 17 through January 3. This ever-popular procession depicts an enchanting collection of holiday scenes, music and a cast of Disney characters and performers in Yuletide vignettes. The classic “it’s a small world” again becomes “it’s a small world holiday” with a seasonal overlay that transforms this favorite Disneyland attraction into a holiday trip around the world.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: The 50th celebration now ends September 30th

I like how all of the special attractions they note continuing for the next month are all sticking around long after even though they make it sound as though theyre 50th-exclusive offerings. I mean, obviously Pirates and Space would be sticking around, but Remember and the Parade of Dreams probably should be moving on once the 50th concludes, but nothing ever moves on when it should at Disney Parks® - Where Dreams Come True™, right?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Creative Director

With the Parade of Dreams, it was never meant to be a 50th exclusive offering. It premiered for the 50th, and was planned (as they do now) to be the new parade for Disneyland for up to 5 years. It was also very, very expensive, and to get their worth on the investment, they have to run the show for at least a certain number of years.
    As for the fireworks, it's a bit different, as the show it feels very Disneyland anniversary heavy, what with the E-tickets in the sky portion. But overall, with a few adjustments, it can run as the standard disneyland fireworks show.

• Neep meep beep

I can see with the parade, where it was "designed", if you will, to be not exclusive to the 50th. All of the 50th references are in the Julie Andrews recorded introduction, and possibly even in the use of the gold handheld banners, but you don't see golden "50" mouse ears or anything else unique to the 50th anniversary as a crucial element of this parade.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

hhmmm... It's about time... The 50th anniversary lasted like 14 months.

• Future Indy Castmember

So much of it being an 18 month celebration.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    So the 50th will come to an end "Officially" before the "Year of a Million Dreams", but the Fireworks and the Parade will last at least thru October......
    Ah good. I return to California Sept 30th and want to see the fireworks and parade one last time. But in all, I'm glad its over, time to turn a new leaf!

• official corn dog taster

i want the fireworks to go on forever!! these are the best yet!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    i want the fireworks to go on forever!! these are the best yet!
    Ditto man...ditto. Keep em' going!

• Banned User

I'll be there about 9 more times before the 50th ends.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Cool Re: The 50th celebration now ends September 30th

the only thing that should 'stay' of the 50th is the Fireworks show. It is FABULOUS. THey just need to remove the part where Julie Andrews says "50 years ago...."....maybe each year they could get her to say "51 years ago....." "52 years ago...." you know? Everything else is fabulous! The first time I saw it in May 2005, I got teary eyed - especially when I heard the Main Street Electical Parade Music in the early part of the spectacle. It brought back a lot of childhood memories, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    the only thing that should 'stay' of the 50th is the Fireworks show. It is FABULOUS. THey just need to remove the part where Julie Andrews says "50 years ago...."....maybe each year they could get her to say "51 years ago....." "52 years ago...." you know? Everything else is fabulous! The first time I saw it in May 2005, I got teary eyed - especially when I heard the Main Street Electical Parade Music in the early part of the spectacle. It brought back a lot of childhood memories, indeed.
    or she can just add "over" to it to say "over 50 years ago" and it could last for a Long time that way
    ~Annie~

• I'm not really here

I do have to say I love the fireworks. I'm curious how they are going to top them. I would love for them to stay longer. The rest... I'm ok if it goes... but the fireworks man... WOW.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Space Mountain Fanboy

Yeah, they should keep the fireworks from the 50th for a while. I like them more than Fantasmic! even.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    With the Parade of Dreams, it was never meant to be a 50th exclusive offering. It premiered for the 50th, and was planned (as they do now) to be the new parade for Disneyland for up to 5 years. It was also very, very expensive, and to get their worth on the investment, they have to run the show for at least a certain number of years.
    As for the fireworks, it's a bit different, as the show it feels very Disneyland anniversary heavy, what with the E-tickets in the sky portion. But overall, with a few adjustments, it can run as the standard disneyland fireworks show.
    i just find it interesting that back in the 1970's and 1980's parades would last a couple of years and then be updated or replaced altogether. Now that Disney is a multi-billion dollar company, they suddenly don't have enough money to spend on new parades. (But they do have enough money to increase top executive salaries at 15% a year, plus pay the largest bonuses of any company in the world to their executives.) But Disney now is strapped for cash, we we should all pitch in and buy an extra churro on our next visit.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast