Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Item's for sale in park from the Where dreams come true promotion

Okay Disney lets get this straight.

The slogan of the Disneyland Resort is The Happiest Place on Earth.
    The slogan of the Walt Disney World Resort is The Most Magical Place on Earth.
    The slogan of the DisneyParks fiasco is Where dreams come true.

Slap Where dreams come true on all you want as long as it is DisneyParks branded merchandise. Just leave the Disneyland and WDW-specific stuff as it is.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Disneyland is "The happiest place on Earth" who is running this horse and buggy show(I know, Jay Rasulo)? I guess I should be glad it at least says "Disneyland" not Disney Parks...

First rule of marketing, If ain't broke don't fix it. enhance it, jazz it up, but don't change something that has served you so well. Why couldn't "the happiest place on earth, be "where dreams come true"?
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• The Twilight Zone

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom View Post
    Disneyland is "The happiest place on Earth" who is running this horse and buggy show(I know, Jay Rasulo)? I guess I should be glad it at least says "Disneyland" not Disney Parks...

First rule of marketing, If ain't broke don't fix it. enhance it, jazz it up, but don't change something that has served you so well. Why couldn't "the happiest place on earth, be "where dreams come true"?
    i agree with you, why couldn't it be the happiest place on earth?

• Empress of Randomness

I really like this jumper!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    Cinderella Castle is a bit too obvious in the logos, but apart from that it doesn't look as bad as the horrible generic 'Disney Parks' logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    DisneyParks merch:
    Hmm... looks like the same logo to me... the "horrible generic" logo that doesn't really represent any specific castle, despite people with the often mentioned "anti FL" mindset claiming otherwise.

That being said, I don't mind the DisneyParks logo representing the Parks and Resort division as a whole. What I do mind is using that same logo at the individual Resorts, and simply substituting the Resort name for DisneyParks on merchandise, as shown on this thread, and name tags, as shown in a past thread in Break Room (found here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26220). It takes away from the indiviual identities of each Resort, and clumps them all under a generic banner.

That's also why I don't like the new Disneyland Resort logo, which is supposed to represent the Resort as a whole. It depicts Sleeping Beauty Castle with fireworks, and uses the same typeface as the Disneyland Park logo. There's nothing in the logo representing Disney's California Adventure Park. The old logo featured Grizzly Peak, Sleeping Beauty Castle, and the Disneyland Monorail System, and was different from the Disneyland Park logo. Each Park used its own logo, which was different from the Resort logo, rather than the Resort taking on the same logo as one of its constituent Parks (which incidently never changed, despite people saying things like "Yay! The old Disneyland logo is back!"), and the other Park using the same logo it has always used.
    Last edited by Alyssa3467; 09-19-2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Found the link to the Break Room thread I was referencing =P

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Sad Re: Item's for sale in park from the Where dreams come true promotion

If they do it this way they can sell the same shirt at any of the parks. That is just LAME!!! I have always looked to Disney for their originality and unique merchandise. I guess I will have to look somewhere else.
    Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Okay Disney lets get this straight.

The slogan of the Disneyland Resort is The Happiest Place on Earth.
    The slogan of the Walt Disney World Resort is The Most Magical Place on Earth.
    The slogan of the DisneyParks fiasco is Where dreams come true.
    Walt Disney World was "The Vacation Kingdom Of The World" when it opened and into the 1980's. Then for awhile in the 1990's and early 00's it was "Where Magic Lives". When did they change it to that "Most Magical" thing? They change their slogan quite regularly out in Florida apparently.

Disneyland, on the other hand, has been The Happiest Place On Earth since Eisenhower was in the White House. Why change it now? Cynthia and her mall drones tried to change it back in 2000 to "Where The Magic Began", and it was on napkins and maps and t-shirts. And how long did that last; a year or two?

This Dreams campaign is a disaster. It's only going to muddle the brilliant marketing message Disneyland has had for half a century. When this flops, I wonder if Rasulo will go down with the ship or if he'll be able to pawn off the responsibility to Michael Mendenhall, Rasulo's global marketing guru?

Whatever the case, I guarantee this Dreams thing is going to fall flat on its face and it will be up to future executives to pick up the pieces and reconstruct marketing messages aimed directly at the very different Disneyland demographic and WDW demographic.

This new Where Dreams Come True campaign is soulless and heartless and cold and corporate. What's next, Jay Rasulo shows up at a franchise convention in a Holiday Inn ballroom hawking the rights to build Disney theme parks in any city with a population bigger than 500,000?

• The one, the only...

I don't like the generic slogan either. I would buy a tee-shirt if it said "Happiest Place on Earth." The stupid "Where dreams come true" seems to be some other Disney park's slogan. I like having slogans for each park.

I predict that the "Where dreams come true" campaign to be a disaster for Disney. I think that it is not going to drive attendance at all. I think that it will turn off loyal WDW and Disneyland fans because of the confusion of identities. WDW won't want to buy things they think look like Disneyland. And Disneyland fans will not buy the same items because they feel it looks like WDW stuff.

Can can they rip that stupid "RESORT" label off the shirt. I go to Disneyland, not Disneyland RESORT! If I could find just the Disneyland label, now that is a shirt I would buy!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I hate that they are using that generic 3D version thing of a castle for Disneyland. Doesn't look like Sleeping Beauty Castle at all.

Marketing running things once again.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I'm not liking any of it at all. The crappy new slogan, the new merchandise, and the look of Mickey Mouse in light blue. Don't get me wrong, that shade of blue is one of my favorites but I don't want to see all the characters walking around in it in Main Street. Give them back their "Classic" look. It's about time. I definetly won't be buying any of this stuff.

• It's all about Theme!

This corporate synergy is getting out of hand!

But enough of this clothing thread! There are like two others.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12