• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disneyland.com calendar is now posted thru January 1st, but with many mistakes

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...darMonthlyPage

Alas, there are some mistakes on the new calendar...

First off, they have not taken into consideration the Mickey's Halloween Treat events on October 26th, 30th and 31st... DCA needs to close at 5 PM for the event (90 minutes prior to the event), they did get the time right for the other days (13th, 20th, 22nd, 27th and 29th).

And the CHOC walk is Sunday, October 8th, and that has ALWAYS made Disneyland open at 10 AM.

Thursday, November 16th looks like a typo, I presume that Disneyland will close at 8 PM, not Midnight.

Also, there are no early closings for the CM Christmas parties. (Held in Early December).

You think they could have got it right after making us wait this long....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I'm not really here

Re: Disneyland.com calendar is now posted thru January 1st, but with many mistakes

I've gradually come to the realization that anything on the calendar should be taken with a grain of salt until within a month of said event. Generally by then they've got it pretty good. Though, not always. Whoever is in charge of the website needs either more money, or to fire the baboons from the LA zoo whoare doing the data entry.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland.com calendar is now posted thru January 1st, but with many mistakes

FYI, I did send an e-mail thru the Disneyland.com Contact Us section mentioning the info above...

Should be interesting to see the responce....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Darkbeer - perhaps you may have more info (as usual) than whoever is the email signature of the week at Guest Relations...is the Sword in the Stone really down for October? That is one that we are really trying to get for my friends son on his birthday (his older brother did it on HIS birthday, you know how it goes...)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Ok, I rarely get mad at Disneyland...in fact I am usually a solid supporter of the parks and all related things, but what the is going on with their website?! I understand that things are subject to change but they should have things figured out at least 30 days in advance. How can they not have the Flag Retreat ceremony (my litmas test for the site at this point) listed when it has been done at 5pm everyday the park was open this summer and September! Are they suddenly going to stop putting the Flag up October 1st? I am so frustrated...and yes I know that this is really not that big of a deal, but I am a planner (just ask Tinkermonkey) and I *need* more info!

Im going to go take something for my headache now.

[smilie=8,29,25] And then I'm going to meditate!

• Defying gravity

The calendar shows the Matterhorn being closed through December!?#%@*&

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I've gradually come to the realization that anything on the calendar should be taken with a grain of salt until within a month of said event. Generally by then they've got it pretty good. Though, not always. Whoever is in charge of the website needs either more money, or to fire the baboons from the LA zoo whoare doing the data entry.
    Agreed and

• Hexametric Poet

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad View Post
    Ok, I rarely get mad at Disneyland...in fact I am usually a solid supporter of the parks and all related things, but what the is going on with their website?! I understand that things are subject to change but they should have things figured out at least 30 days in advance. How can they not have the Flag Retreat ceremony (my litmas test for the site at this point) listed when it has been done at 5pm everyday the park was open this summer and September! Are they suddenly going to stop putting the Flag up October 1st? I am so frustrated...and yes I know that this is really not that big of a deal, but I am a planner (just ask Tinkermonkey) and I *need* more info!

Im going to go take something for my headache now.

[smilie=8,29,25] And then I'm going to meditate!

The Flag Retreat is not always at 5:00, in fact, for a good portion of the summer the Flag Retreat was at 6:00. The time changes periodically so that the ceremony takes place close to dusk.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Well, there has been an update to the calendar!! Still has the hours being 9am-11pm on the day of the CHOC walk which we know is wrong but the Sword in the Stone ceremony is on there (yeah for Simply Mad!)!! And according to my letter from the lovely Ms. Linda Trump, the Flag Retreat ceremony will be daily at 5 pm.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    The calendar shows the Matterhorn being closed through December!?#%@*&
    That's because it will be closed until December. That is one of the few things they actually got right on the website.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

They can put a man on the moon but they can't produce an accurate calander.....wow.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the Calendar has been fixed, and now reflects the info I had posted.

The CM Christmas Parties will be December 4th and 5th, with Disneyland closing at 6 PM those two days.

(FYI, nobody responded to my e-mail, so I stopped by City Hall on Friday afternoon, and the info got sent to the person who could fix it...

• Lowering Expectations

^ Good for you.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Crap, crap, crap. I still haven't ridden the Matterhorn yet... I was SO planning on it this November.

<-- (pout lip)

To live would be an awfully big adventure.