• Shaman of the Whills

Fantasmic advice...

Hi guys and gals,

I was wondering about Fantasmic. Never seen it, so I thought I'd hit it this weekend. What's a good time to line up for it and also, what's a good spot to see it from?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Re: Fantasmic advice...

Heylo! I LOVE Fantasmic. If you're at Disneyland for one day and want to see both the firework show and fantasmic that's possible! I always do that. Plus it's easier to get a better spot for the 2nd show. I usually watch the firework show in front of the castle, then right as the firework show ends, I start moving my group towards the Frontierland entrance. I kind of do a fastwalk all the way to the area in front of the loading dock for the Mark Twain and Columbia. Once you get there, you'll notice that the CM's are holding everyone back. Everyone always wonders WHY they do this, but it's to clear out the area of the FIRST fantasmic viewers. After about 5 minutes, they open up, and this is when you do another fastwalk with your group towards the center area on the riverside directly in front of the island/cabin. You'll notice NOW that they have big areas on the riverside blocked off with white ropes. After another couple of minutes, they open these ropes up (seating area only) and let people come in. Although it sounds a bit complicated, it's pretty easy once you actually get there. You just kind of follow the flow. Also, you probably don't want to sit TOO close next to the fence in front of the river, because then the fence is kind of an obstruction. If you have any problems, just PM me.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

get there early in the morning when the park opens....than u sit in front of ROA and you wait!!!!! JUST SIT THERE AND WAIT FOR THE FIREWORKS TO START!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA but seriously....thats what u have to do

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• madaboutdisney

I do exactly what Dchun2007 does. You can get the best of both worlds. Last time I had the perfect spot in front of the castle for fireworks, and then managed to snag another great spot for fantasmic without much stress.
    I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles

• Sock Puppet

I will go to the firework show like 8:00pm and wait there then when the firework show is over i run to the fantsmic show. i Always watch the 2nd fantasmic show. i think u should do that.

• Defying gravity

1. DO NOT TRY TO SEE THE FIRST SHOW AND THEN SEE THE FIREWORKS!!!

2. Around 9:20 ish (when the first show is ending), enter the River Belle Terrace through the Adventureland door.

3. Wait by the door to the patio. A CM will be there and the section will be roped off.

4. They used to have a policy that you had to buy food at the RBT to sit at their tables, but this policy is not in place anymore.

5. As soon as the first show ends, the CMs will clean the tables and then the rope will be dropped.

6. YOU MUST RUN TO GET A TABLE IN THE FRONT. If you sit in the back, people will stand in front of you and/or want to share your small table.

7. Sit and wait for about 45 min. If you want get food from RBT or somewhere nearby. It is best not to leave the area because you may get caught in a bottleneck and be unable to join back up with your party.

8. Enjoy the show!

9. Afterwards, DO NOT TRY AND LEAVE THE AREA FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES! The crowds are a nightmare.

10. Many people leave DL directly after Fantasmic! and/or the fireworks. This is prime attraction time!!!

Hope this helps. Have fun at DL!

Question Re: Fantasmic advice...

Quote Originally Posted by chinken6 View Post
    I will go to the firework show like 8:00pm and wait there then when the firework show is over i run to the fantsmic show. i Always watch the 2nd fantasmic show. i think u should do that.
    I will be there at the end of the month and there is only 1 showing. What are the tricks for the 9pm show and the 9:30 fireworks?

thanks
    Janette

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    I will be there at the end of the month and there is only 1 showing. What are the tricks for the 9pm show and the 9:30 fireworks?

thanks
    Oh, I guess my detailed 10 step Fantamic! viewing system doesn't help much in your case. Ok, go and see the fireworks one night and Fantasmic! the next night. Preferably your first two nights, so that you have a second chance in case the fireworks get canceled, as they often do.

If you want to sit at the RBT, you probably would have to get there 3 hours in advance - bad plan! You might be able to get a table in front of the Stage Door Cafe, in the area between RBT and the Golden Horseshoe. However, those tables aren't elevated, so it isn't guaranteed that your view would be that great. If you want to sit right in front of the ROA, you will literally have to be there 5 hours in advance - also a bad plan (at least for me, I just don't have that much patience!) If you stand and wait for Fantasmic! and you are a few rows behind, the view isn't that bad. Of course, if it's cold, sitting/waiting is very unpleasant. If you sit at Rancho Del Zocalo and walk towards the Mark Twain Riverboat, you can see and hear Fantasmic! Sometimes this is just fine for me, bc/ my favorite part of the show is the music. I'm not sure if you have seen the show before, if not, you need a completely unobstructed view.

Or....you could always book the Fantasmic Dessert Package!!! It's $40 and you sit on the balcony of the Disney Gallery and eat desserts. I've never tried it, but would like to someday.

Sorry if my tips aren't that helpful! I always see the 10:30 show. I hope you have fun fighting crowds!

The package was booked. I have not seen fantasmic before. I who knows what I'll do. wing it I guess
    Janette

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    The package was booked. I have not seen fantasmic before. I who knows what I'll do. wing it I guess
    Congrats! To book the dessert package for your very first showing of Fantasmic! - how special. Please take pics and let us know how it goes.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    If you want to sit right in front of the ROA, you will literally have to be there 5 hours in advance - also a bad plan (at least for me, I just don't have that much patience!)
    Generally, when I sit during the summer to get a spot on ROA, I rarely wait more than 2 hours, and have a front row center seat. I would suspect it wouldn't be as crowded during Sept. If the poster is trying to see both from the prime spots, it isn't going to happen. Just get a good spot for Fantasmic! and watch Remember... from there if its the only night you can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Or....you could always book the Fantasmic Dessert Package!!! It's $40 and you sit on the balcony of the Disney Gallery and eat desserts. I've never tried it, but would like to someday.
    Actually, the preferred seating is $59 for both Balcony or Riverside.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.