Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1

    • It's all about Theme!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,604

    Have you ever been...

    Have you ever been mistaken for a first time tourist in the parks before? My friend is always asked for a ssurvey because of her tourist looks!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  2. #2

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Diamond State
    Posts
    1,542

    Re: Have you ever been...

    No, can't stay that's ever happened. DH and I are frequently asked if we are on our honeymoon though...
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

  3. #3

    • Sun Wheel survivor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    456

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Have you ever been mistaken for a first time tourist in the parks before? My friend is always asked for a ssurvey because of her tourist looks!
    What's a tourist look? (Just wondering what I look like - as I didn't have a cameria around my neck nor was I wearing shorts and a DL shirt. I didn't have ears on either.)

    We got asked yest. to do the survey and then couldn't because we were AP holders. And the CM wouldn't tell us what was being asked - wanted to know just for curiosity

  4. #4

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Since I don't live there - I guess I'm always a tourist.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  5. #5

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Well, my parents and I do look like tourists. I don't like to call myself a tourist, since I'm such an "expert" but I guess that I technically am since we only visit about every three months or so and don't live in the area. We've been to DL 9 times (going on 10), but my mom still brings her camera and takes about 10 rolls of film each time! We do get surveyed a lot. I always wear Disney shirts (the ones I only wear in DL) and usually ears/headband.

    However, once I get to talking and you hear my plans, see the number of FPs and I have, and how I write everything in my journal so that I can write 33 page trip reports......you see that I'm no ordinary tourist!!!

  6. #6

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Have you ever been...

    I guess I don't look like a tourist since its usually just me pushing a stroller with my kid in it. And my key for not getting stopped by the survey people...just don't look em in the eye....

  7. #7

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Have you ever been...

    I get stopped and asked "do you work here?" almost every time I go to Disneyland. Because I have to wear a suit and tie for my profession, and I visit Disneyland usually late mornings, I guess I look like a cast member or management or something. I usually help out if I know the answer, as it's fun to help out first time park visitors or tourists find their way around and make the most of their day.

  8. #8

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Because I have to wear a suit and tie for my profession, and I visit Disneyland usually late mornings,
    Do you work a graveyard shift then visit after your shift? Those are interesting hours. I had night time hours once and it through me for a loop!

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    135

    Re: Have you ever been...

    I was stopped for the survey in CA, I even told them I was an AP holder, and they still had me do the survey. Maybe they didn't believe me!

    Sitting on Pooh's pot

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    135

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Quote Originally Posted by minnietoo View Post
    We got asked yest. to do the survey and then couldn't because we were AP holders. And the CM wouldn't tell us what was being asked - wanted to know just for curiosity
    They just ask you how you would rate your day at the park, and if the cast members were nice to you. They ask if you had a good experience with the characters. They also ask if you went on all the rides you wanted too, and how many rides you went on.

    Sitting on Pooh's pot

  11. #11

    • Sun Wheel survivor!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    456

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I get stopped and asked "do you work here?" almost every time I go to Disneyland. Because I have to wear a suit and tie for my profession, and I visit Disneyland usually late mornings, I guess I look like a cast member or management or something. I usually help out if I know the answer, as it's fun to help out first time park visitors or tourists find their way around and make the most of their day.
    Interesting - the more I get to "see" about you - the more seem to understand some of your posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 6packinthepark View Post
    They just ask you how you would rate your day at the park, and if the cast members were nice to you. They ask if you had a good experience with the characters. They also ask if you went on all the rides you wanted too, and how many rides you went on.
    Well I didn't miss much than did I?

  12. #12

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Actually, when we are surveyed, they usually want to know where we are staying, for how long, where else we go in CA (which is no where except DLR!) They also asked who is the chief vacation planner in the family...and were quite surprised to find that it was me. However, they won't talk directly to me because I am underage.

  13. #13

    • Jail Bondswoman of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    8,786
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Have you ever been...

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    Actually, when we are surveyed, they usually want to know where we are staying, for how long, where else we go in CA (which is no where except DLR!) They also asked who is the chief vacation planner in the family...and were quite surprised to find that it was me. However, they won't talk directly to me because I am underage.
    I got asked that in July, when I was by myself. But it was more, 'why ar eyou in Anaheim? Is DL the main reason why you are here?

    He gave me a look when I told him that I had a CM ticket, (he called it that.)

    But though I should be a concidered a tourist, I don't look the part. From what I have heard I look like I live in Anaheim and are coming from college for a few rides. I had a messanger bag which held everything.

  14. #14

    • YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    1,386

    Re: Have you ever been...

    nope...never happend to me. Yet?


    SUPPORT THE CMs


    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

  15. #15

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,957

    Re: Have you ever been...

    I was filming Indiana Jones with Sadako and the girl sitting to my left informs me as we start "Oh you won't be able to see anything in there." I didn't really respond other than smiling a bit but yeah.. I knew what to expect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •