Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cafe Orleans

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Cafe Orleans

So tonight we decided it would be the right time to check out Cafe Orleans. We go and give our names to the girl up front, she tells us 15 - 30 minutes til we're seated. We wait our turn, and were pleasantly surprised to be seated in about 5 minutes.

The waiter came and took our order, and brought us our drinks, and left.

We sat there for 45 minutes. The waiter came back 2 times to tell us our food would be out soon while we watched people who were seated after us order and get their food in a reasonable time frame. We were ready to leave, and could not find our waiter, so we flagged down another young man.

I informed him that I wanted to pay for my Diet Coke and leave since our food had taken so outrageously long. I was very angry, but it is in my nature to be very courteous and polite to serving staff at all times, so I did not complain or go off. He informed me that he was one of the managers, and that he would go check on our food. I thanked him and advised him I just wanted to pay for my drink and leave.

It took him almost 10 minutes to come back and charge me for my drink.

I could not believe what a rotten Disney dining experience this was for us. I was extremely disappointed and will not return.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Cafe Orleans

Wow, that sucks arse! Sorry you got such sucky service. I haven't had the "pleasure" of eating there yet, but after your report, I don't see too good of a forecast of me making an appearance there! (Even if the seasoned fries are rumored to be fantastic).

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    (Even if the seasoned fries are rumored to be fantastic).
    They sure looked and smelled fantastic.

While everybody around us was eating them.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Did they even apologize? You would think that they would comp you the drinks. Sorry your experience was so bad.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    Did they even apologize? You would think that they would comp you the drinks. Sorry your experience was so bad.
    No apology, and not even a mention of comping my drink. (Just one drink, the Jr. Miss drank water.)

She wanted to get up and just leave and forget paying for the drink even, but I wasn't raised that way. I do know better next time now than to go there.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Hmmm, really bad form for any restaurant, let alone one in Disneyland. I would have just left the money for the drink at the table (under the glass) and left.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Wow! That's unexcusable! I can't believe the manager didn't at the very least comp your drink. We went at the beginning of summer & had a wonderful server. She was really great. I'm so sorry your experience sucked.
    <o>

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yeah, we wasted a good hour and a half-two hours waiting to get our order taken, and finally getting our food there when the Cafe first re-opened. We let it slide, even if we were annoyed when other people were eating around us, getting checked up on more often, and getting overall better service than us. We figured that they must still be working out the kinks - or that we just got a terrible server.

Unfortunately, though, it seems like people are still experiencing issues, such as yourself. That sucks, and I don't blame you for leaving.

My experience of waiting forever for a meal I didn't particularly enjoy (3-cheese Monte Cristo), coupled with the prices and poor service has caused me to not want to ever go back either.

But I may risk the frustration one day just to go get some fries and split a regular Monte Cristo with somebody.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Totally unacceptable.

You have your food within 30 minutes (at a busy time... slack times even faster) or you are totally within your rights to start pitching a hissy fit.

It's their job to get you fed in reasonable time. If they can't do that, they need to find other work.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Life is Great!

please tell me you made a formal complaint!! I'm not usually one to do so, but this sounds like a visit to city hall was in order, or at least mail them a letter! I was looking forward to going there, but not now!
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Jeez, I feel like something special must have happened to Wolfette and I. First we had no ressies, but a great Hostess, snuck us in (was with an Ex CM). Great service, great food and had a great time.

I'm sorry you and Jr. Miss had this happen.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Without putting myself in the position of defending the apparently indefensible...meaning the treatment and lack of respect you received...I'd just like to offer my observations from my years in food service at the park, especially in the NOS area, chances are good that the slow service is the result of problems in the kitchen, and not the fault of the server...in this case, possibly even in the underground New Orleans Main Kitchen.

I have not taken the time to check out the Cafe since it re-opened as a second-time table service restaurant.

It seems that maybe they opened without having all their possible "bugs" (no bad pun for a restaurant intended) worked out.

Still, sunnygirl, there is no excuse for the way you were treated, or the inability of the staff to try to "make it good" or at least better for you.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom View Post
    please tell me you made a formal complaint!! I'm not usually one to do so, but this sounds like a visit to city hall was in order, or at least mail them a letter! I was looking forward to going there, but not now!

I'm composing a strongly worded email. Again, I'm not one to raise a fuss. I was a waitress for a short time, and it's hard work, and very little is under their control, I get that. I'm sure this place is still working out a lot of the bugs before they get going smoothly. I just won't go there again. Thanks for letting me vent.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I'm composing a strongly worded email. Again, I'm not one to raise a fuss. I was a waitress for a short time, and it's hard work, and very little is under their control, I get that. I'm sure this place is still working out a lot of the bugs before they get going smoothly. I just won't go there again. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Sometimes, things do happen beyond their control, but at the very least, the manager should have comped your drink and apologized profusely. I can't remember if they have any other kind of "come back another time and comp you" program.

I'm not sure who you're sending the email to, but I would definitely also use the feedback function on the official website to let them know about your experience. I've had pretty good response in situations like this.

• xmanmom

That's really awful and I am sorry you had this experience. We went a few weeks ago and had an awesome experience...good food, good service. I am really sorry that you had the exact opposite. The manager really should have comped your drink at the very least. Please do write a letter. That was totally unacceptable and I don't blame you for never wanting to go back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast