• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Disneyland Slogan...

Does anyone else think that Disney's slogan should be changed from "where dreams come true" to "Where dreames are born" ?

I know most of the answers NO.. but let's see

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland Slogan...

I think the slogan ought to stick with "The Happiest Place On Earth" but if we must change it out for the Year of a Million Dreams, I think I like "Where Dreams Come True" better.

The whole idea behind the slogan is that you go to Disneyland to live out your greatest childhood dream - from riding on Dumbo, to becoming a Princess, or training to be a Jedi, or to being a Pirate....

You don't go to Disneyland to create dreams. You go there to live them.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• The one, the only...

The problem with a slogan is that it is a slogan. One has to believe what it says or it will be scoffed at by the public. "The Happiest Place On Earth" worked so well because nearly everybody has a "happy" time at Disneyland. It is hard not to be happy there. It is a believable slogan.

Now "Where dreams come true" and "Where dreams are born" both have the problem of being over the top. It is a false claim. "Dreams" for some children come true at Disneyland, but for most, people have much bigger dreams. If your dream is a churro or riding a streetcar pulled by a horse, then yes your dreams can come true. But if your dreams are to become a doctor or win a medal at the Olympics, no, Disneyland will not fulfill your dreams.

You see Disney marketing got it all wrong. Disneyland does not fulfill your dreams, but it IS the dream come true. It was Walt's dream that there would be a place that would bring happiness to young and old. He got HIS dream fulfilled.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The slogan should be, "If we say things like, 'You might win a free churro!' will you come and spend three or four hundred dollars at our park?"

...or how about:

"We've ripped out a lot of your favorite rides and raised our prices. Come home... and bring your checkbook!"

or

"Walt who?"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.