View Poll Results: Where should I eat in DL?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue Bayou

25 49.02%
  • Cafe Orleans

13 25.49%
  • Both - I can't choose between two such delicious options!

10 19.61%
  • Neither - The food was not worth it at either place.

3 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Cafe Orleans vs. Blue Bayou

I'm deciding where our one nice sit-down meal should be this November. We've eaten at the Blue Bayou during every DL trip we've ever taken. However, I'm been reading some bad reviews since the menu was revamped. And those prices..... That's about $100 for three adults.

Cafe Orleans has been getting good reviews (unless you ask sunnygirl), and I've heard great things about those fries!

But, a trip to DL doesn't seem the same wo/ BB. I've been hearing mixed reviews about both places. I need opinions from the experts who've tried both places!

• xmanmom

Re: Cafe Orleans vs. Blue Bayou

I've only tried the new Cafe Orleans and we had a great experience. Short wait, great service and the food was really good. But really the only reason we went there instead of Blue Bayou was the fact that we had a vegitarian in the party and she wanted to try the three cheese monte cristo. Otherwise, I agree with you, nothing beats the ambiance at Blue Bayou.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I've been hearing mixed reviews about both places. I need opinions from the experts who've tried both places!
    The two restaurants are different enough in menu, price point and ambience that it really depends on what you're looking for.

I went to both for lunch within a couple weeks of each other, so here's my Cafe Orleans review from early July and here's my Blue Bayou review from mid-July.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    The two restaurants are different enough in menu, price point and ambience that it really depends on what you're looking for.

I went to both for lunch within a couple weeks of each other, so here's my Cafe Orleans review from early July and here's my Blue Bayou review from mid-July.
    Cstephens is right - you need to decide what you want out of the experience. I have had fabulous meals at both in the past month- and good service. If you want atmosphere and an escape that is a little more quiet - and don't mind the cost - go BB.

If you want good food in the midst of the Disney noise (and pirate band) - at a slightly lower cost (but still not cheap) - go Cafe Orleans.

Check out the menus online - that should help you make your choice.

• Hooterville, USA

Why decide? Do both and live a little!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• is on the rocks

Hmmm - judging from comments others had left on sunnygirl's thread:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36520

I'd go with Blue Bayou.

DH and I went there a couple of months ago and had a great experience - good service, good food, although the price did go up. I haven't eaten at Cafe Orleans, so I couldn't give an opinion there.
    She did it!

• The Fantasyland guy

Where's melmel, i'm curious what she would say on this thread.

BB, for the atmosphere. You can't beat that.

• Popular Princess

cafe orleans. ask to sit outside. the atmosphere is really fun out there cuz you can people watch, listen to the music, and maybe even interact with a few pirates. also, it's somewhat cheaper. an added bonus: the pomme frites are awesome!!!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Actually the Blue Bayou menu has been tweaked since those initial reviews and seem to be hitting it off well with guests...the thing is so many people from this board were so sure that everything was absolute after the first soft opening tries that many decided to never go again. From my own experience, the food has seriously gotten an upgrade.

Cafe Orleans is excellent, and they seat you incredibly fast. Yes, more in one's price range than Blue Bayou.

If given the option I would eat at both places. If you have to choose, than weigh what's really important to you...I can tell you that if you eat at Cafe Orleans only and sift past the Bayou on you PotC boat...you'll have a strong longing to go there again. If you can afford to do both, I would do it...if you want to save money, then go to Cafe Orleans.

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the poll, DisneyPrincess4590. I've been curious about this as well. I have never eaten at either restaurant and I was planning on going to one or the other on my trip in november. SO this is helpful information.

• The one, the only...

While I have a fond feeling for Blue Bayou in my heart, the prices are on the extreme side. It used to be reasonable for the atmosphere and everything. Now it is a "Special Occasion" only restaurant. I will dine there for my birthday, but the Cafe Orleans had great service the last time I was there. The problem reported this week about the Cafe Orleans stems from the shortage of CMs, which hits all the restaurants. For the price and atmosphere of an sidewalk cafe, Cafe Orleans is a good deal. But for that very special occasion that makes you want to celebrate, then Blue Bayou for sure.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

My family and I had lunch at both locations in the end of June. We enjoyed both locations - both food and service wise. I'd say either do both or decide what atmosphere you are looking for - BB definitely has a different feel to it. Good luck with your choice!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    That's about $100 for three adults.
    $100 for 3 adults is not unreasonable for good food, in fact, it's cheap. The question to ask would be if the food was good...
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Just a puppet on a string

Okay, I have a question - my dh loves seafood and I do not. Oh, I will occasionally have the albacore or halibut ('specially since my dh actually dives into the sea for it and makes his own breading and cooks it), but what would be the best place for both of us? I do love the BB for the atmosphere and when we go we like to splurge, but what would most here say is the best for our taste? I can't remember what they both serve.

Thanks,
    Greenie
    Last edited by Green Mother; 09-06-2006 at 09:51 AM.

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

• Sun Wheel survivor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast